Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearshare! I hate it and I can't get rid of it!!

• 21-08-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm trying to help a friend with her computer. She had downloaded Bearshare which totally messed it up. I've uninstalled, ran scans and done everything I can think of but I can't get rid of the Bearshare homepage. I'm so sick of it now and wish I hadn't offered to help. She's using Firefox and I have uninstalled and reinstalled that as well but the homepage keeps popping up. I've tried changing it in tools, I've tried to remove the dll but it's not showing any bearshare action, I've gone into task manager to try to get rid of it there, but again it's not even showing that it exists. I've had a google but everything is so confusing. I know that it's somewhere on the computer but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere!

I'm really at my wits end and if I ever find the creator of Bearshare so help me god.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place but the thing was riddled with viruses etc and I just feel that this is another one.

Comments

Advertisement