Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to a SIM without the PIN?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

About three months ago I got a new phone and when I did I transfered all my contacts to my new phone using the SIM (I dumped my contacts from my old sim onto the new phone memory). Everything was fine until my new phone went wonky and I had to drop it back into the store to have it fixed/replaced.

Now here's my blonde moment, I thought I had backed up all my contacts to my SIM however this was not the case I must have made a mistake doing it so I have no contacts on my SIM at all. All of my contacts are in the memory of my new phone which has been sent off and no doubt will come back wiped.

I managed to find my old sim card (nothing short of a small miracle) and popped it back into my phone only to realise that I have fogotten the PIN. Does anyone know of any way I can copy my contacts from my SIM? Any help at all with this would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

If you have the PUK code for the old SIM, you can reset the PIN. Just repeatedly type the wrong PIN a couple of times until it asks you for the PUK. Obviously, don't do this if you don't have the PUK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

About three months ago I got a new phone and when I did I transfered all my contacts to my new phone using the SIM (I dumped my contacts from my old sim onto the new phone memory). Everything was fine until my new phone went wonky and I had to drop it back into the store to have it fixed/replaced.

Now here's my blonde moment, I thought I had backed up all my contacts to my SIM however this was not the case I must have made a mistake doing it so I have no contacts on my SIM at all. All of my contacts are in the memory of my new phone which has been sent off and no doubt will come back wiped.

I managed to find my old sim card (nothing short of a small miracle) and popped it back into my phone only to realise that I have fogotten the PIN. Does anyone know of any way I can copy my contacts from my SIM? Any help at all with this would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Which network is the sim on?

As far as i know you can recover your PUK for customer care. So if you block the pin you could just make a new one after putting in the PUK code :)

You can def get it for Meteor and O2

Advertisement