Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astral Projection

Options
  • 21-08-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

That entirely depends on how you define astral travel. As to out of body experiences (OBEs), I have some very limited experience with that. And the main problem is that it's rarely all that different from dreaming. In fact, I may have actually been dreaming the few times I've managed it...

Anyway, one of the resources I used to get me going is here. Simple introduction techniques for a beginner.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So do people who have this ability have any control over where they can go or what they can do?
    Say for example someone claims the ability of astral projection. Could they for example travel to a particular location? If so this phenonomen can be easily proven.
    Place something unknown to the subject in a certain location.
    The subject goes into a state where astral projection is possible. Ask them to goto the location & answer question about the object on their return,
    Maybe I'm mistaken & thats not how it works, If its just random "travelling" how do you tell if thats not just vivid dreams?

KoolKid wrote: »
    So do people who have this ability have any control over where they can go or what they can do?
    Say for example someone claims the ability of astral projection. Could they for example travel to a particular location? If so this phenonomen can be easily proven.

That's more remote viewing. The two are more or less the same as far as I can tell, just that RVing apparently has more control and/or seems more sciency. I have had no luck whatsoever trying RV, btw.

Google Stargate for the research the US government (supposedly) did on RV. Either indisputable proof or time wasting hokey, depending on who's writing it up. There's been SO many tests done on it, all of them lacking.
    KoolKid wrote: »
    If its just random "travelling" how do you tell if thats not just vivid dreams?

As in my above post, you're not sure. But the times I'd call it an OBE didn't feel like normal dreams or lucid dreams. That's all I have to go on, which is why I only ever say that I think that's what it was, not that that's what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

And the main problem is that it's rarely all that different from dreaming.

I tend to disagree. well in relation to an out of body experience of which I had many years ago, it was not anything like a dream and was more real than being awake. I'll give my example of what I thought of it as it only happened to me once in my life so far.

I just got home late from a long walk as I had missed my last bus, and when I got home I hopped into bed and was relaxing on my back. all of a sudden I felt sucked out of my body and slowly rised to the ceiling and I could see my whole room perfectly and then everything went pitch dark as I knew I was going through the attic at this stage.

it was dark for maybe 5 seconds and then instead of me facing the sky I came out through the top of the roof and was facing downwards looking at the roof of my house. then I kept rising to maybe around 15 feet from the roof and I could perfectly see my road and surroundings in crystal clarity. this to me just seemed more clearer and sharper than normal awakeness.

then I stopped and didn't get any higher but the strange thing was I couldn't move my body at all it felt more like there was no gravity and after 3 minutes of this looking around in amazement looking at the cars driving up the road and all the streetlights and everything else I felt like I lost balance and panicked and at this stage I felt a very strong feeling of being sucked down again and when this happened I felt a very powerful bang in my chest area as if someone hit me on the chest with their hand very hard and I just jumped up and was sitting there in shock not knowing what the hell happened. but as I said it was no dream as I remember my dreams every time I awake the next day. this was so real and felt so real I still remember it as clear as day many years later. it has never happened since.

maybe this is simular to remote viewing in a way but I had no control of my body in this state.

I just thought i'd share this with you people because I would love to know the truth about all this stuff. I will never forget the experience though it was quite amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

sorry about the double post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I read the book by Sylvan Muldoon, fascinating read.

I also (for some mad reason) spoke about it with a GP once and he said to me "I have travelled on many plains and seen wondrous things"

He mentioned seeing Samurai warriors and other stuff, but told me not to try to consciously project, as my mind was too weak at that time to deal with what I might experience!

He told me to come back to him when I was feeling stronger and he would be a guide to me, but he was only a locum (stand in) doctor for my regular local GP and I never saw him after that, was Indian btw.

Perhaps he left here for a better place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I read the book by Sylvan Muldoon, fascinating read.

I also (for some mad reason) spoke about it with a GP once and he said to me "I have travelled on many plains and seen wondrous things"

He mentioned seeing Samurai warriors and other stuff, but told me not to try to consciously project, as my mind was too weak at that time to deal with what I might experience!

He told me to come back to him when I was feeling stronger and he would be a guide to me, but he was only a locum (stand in) doctor for my regular local GP and I never saw him after that, was Indian btw.

Perhaps he left here for a better place ;)

the indian doctor was right....i started trying to making huge efforts to astral project about a year ago and i dont think its a good idea...you need to be extremely grounded and have done a lot of work with consciousness in general for it to be safe (-safe in the sense of not having bad experiences not death or anything!)

i had an unpleasant experience because i was trying too hard so have left it on the shelf for a while but i have some amazing random experiences during sleep that have made this a fixture on my list of goals

i know a couple of people who run a class in dublin if you are intersted in trying it out...you would need to have some meditation experience though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

lolo62 wrote: »
    the indian doctor was right....i started trying to making huge efforts to astral project about a year ago and i dont think its a good idea...you need to be extremely grounded and have done a lot of work with consciousness in general for it to be safe (-safe in the sense of not having bad experiences not death or anything!)

i had an unpleasant experience because i was trying too hard so have left it on the shelf for a while but i have some amazing random experiences during sleep that have made this a fixture on my list of goals

i know a couple of people who run a class in dublin if you are intersted in trying it out...you would need to have some meditation experience though

Id be interested in this. Where in Dublin is this practised? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

Veles wrote: »
    Anyone a practitioner?

No, no one is a practitioner.
    how would this work exactly?

It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

guitarzero wrote: »
    Id be interested in this. Where in Dublin is this practised? Thanks

Out in Portmarnock...theres a healing centre called 'Flow the light' Karen is part of the Mystery School and runs a class every once in a while...their site is down at the moment but if its not up and running soon you can pm me for her no

• Advertisement

Antikythera, have you ever attempted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭blackpowder

astral projection isnt that mentioned a lot in the tibetean book of the dead , ?

Advertisement