Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacker Group Anonymous in Waterford ?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sully wrote: »
    Its been donkeys since I looked into hacking but I always thought most of it was guessing the password, or guessing the secret answers.

It isn't :) Have a browse on the security forum. We run challenges on there the whole time. Hacking requires a strong understanding of operating systems, computer memory, programming, an inherent ability to break down code and find errors and bugs..

A good all-rounder book is the hacking exposed series if you ever wanted a broad overview of the techniques and theory.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I remember when I was about 10 years younger (I was into IT from a very young age!) I used to know a lot of people who did this type of thing for the craic. Big into their denial of service attacks. I actually found since doing an IT degree, iv been more out of touch with IT then before so im starting to get back into the swing of things. Must take a look at the forum, cheers mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Lemon_Drop wrote: »
    That method would allow you to gain access to the Email account through a Password reset option.
    Meaning the owner of the Email Account would not be able to use the account again and the Password has been reset.
    The owner of the account has to change the Password using the "Mothers" name to reset the Password again. Unless the Hacker has changed that Password.

This will tell him the account has been hacked in the first place.

Its a lame way of doing it.

Once you are in someone's email account you can then get their passwords for lots of other things, which is often the same password. Using the information from their email you can get their credit card details and thieve a bit of cash. The victim will realise their credit card information is gone, so who cares if they know someone got into their email.

When I did it I just sent some emails from the person to other people saying that he was gay and loved them. Had a bit of a laugh about it in the pub when they people came in looking awkward. Ah, happy juvenilism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sully wrote: »
    I remember when I was about 10 years younger (I was into IT from a very young age!) I used to know a lot of people who did this type of thing for the craic. Big into their denial of service attacks. I actually found since doing an IT degree, iv been more out of touch with IT then before so im starting to get back into the swing of things. Must take a look at the forum, cheers mate!
    Be careful, Sully,
    The higher levels can be quite addictive. :) The series of books that Dlofnep recommended are some of the best.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement