Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing bank account to student account?

Options
  • 21-08-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Did anyone ever get their bank account changed to a student one? Thinking of trying to organise it this week but I'm very busy and wondering is it a simple process or do I have to make an appointment to go in to switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think I just had to fill out a form they had at Freshers week with your details and that was it. Wasn't any hassle at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Larianne wrote: »
    I think I just had to fill out a form they had at Freshers week with your details and that was it. Wasn't any hassle at all. :)

Great thanks for the quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

you cant change an existing account you just open a new one as a student. it is just a matter of filling out a form for a new account no need for an appointment and have your student card with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm pretty sure they switched it to a student account for me. I don't remember transferring funds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I went into my local branch last week, showed them my offer letter and they switched it there and then. Just had to fill in a form saying I was changing the account type (from 'normal' to 'student') and everything else with the account remains the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I went into my local branch last week, showed them my offer letter and they switched it there and then. Just had to fill in a form saying I was changing the account type (from 'normal' to 'student') and everything else with the account remains the same.

Thanks everyone, I called my bank today and they confirmed this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

i changed mine just had to show the reg letter,any one going back to college should do this cos u dont have to pay the fees the banks are charging for current accounts

Advertisement