Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

How does the man who drives the snow plough get to work in the morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Stojkovic wrote: »
    How does the man who drives the snow plough get to work in the morning ?

He parks it at home?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

MH370
    Jill Dando

Then, closer to home > http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29812803.html

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Since the UK's 'big name' peadophile stories there's been a few conspiracy theories floating around about Jill Dando and her death. Apparently she was intending to uncover some well known stars. Looks like we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How about yous don't just post links to random ones that have been posted 20 times already in this thread and actually write a short paragraph explaining your understanding of it?

Why the Madeline campaign was based around

"LOQK In to my eyes" >> And a picture with a girl with a brown dash in her eye

When it was later revealed that Madeline McCann had no such thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

bjork wrote: »

Pretty sure she did.

• Advertisement

Unless it was photoshopped in, seems pretty distinctive...

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/maddie-376093.jpg

Unless it was photoshopped in, seems pretty distinctive...

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/maddie-376093.jpg

Yes it moved by times too. Let me dig out where Gerry says ....It was a marketing ploy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yes it moved by times too. Let me dig out where Gerry says ....It was a marketing ploy

I don't get what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Maddie McCann?????

ya forgot about this one .
    I have my own theory how this went ,sad in so many ways .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ya forgot about this one .
    I have my own theory how this went ,sad in so many ways .

Go on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Rippington

Two from South Kerry.

Leidy Kaspersma, Dutch woman missing since the late 1970s from the mountains south of Kenmare after being left out of a car.

Charles Brook Picard, abducted near Castlecove in 1991.
    Missing family members has to be the saddest of all when you don't know what happened to them , if they are still alive and you think the unthinkable because you have little or nothing else to go on .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Because its been posted about a million times in this thread. This is how they get the figs into fig rolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Unprecedented underground mapping technology revealed that Stonehenge did not always stand alone.

Beneath the 5,000-year-old stone structure is an archeological treasure trove made up of thousands of monuments that include shrines, burial mounds, deep pits & other unexplained features.

Stonehenge was previously thought to be a standalone, isolated structure, so this discovery has thrown researchers for a loop.

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA5LzEwLzJhL05ld1N0b25laGVuLmY2NWFiLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/92cd6d2a/df2/New-Stonehenge-Monuments-04.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The FAI replaced Trapattoni (who wouldn't pick our best players yet we qualified for the Euros) with Martin O'Neill (who does pick the best players yet we can't qualify for an expanded Euros).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I can't get past MH370, if i think about it long enough I lose sleep over it.

50% of the search area covered and not so much as a seat cover washed up anywhere. It's faded into the background and often overshadowed by the flight downed in Ukraine.

I have no idea what happened but it really seems like the other flight's controversial end is kept alive in the media whilst MH370 is swept under the rug. I believe the search will complete and nothing will be found. I genuinely don't think we'll ever know and that is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

MH370/ A real head scratching mystery if ever there was^

Like you I often ponder on the latest theories, but nothing makes sense about its disappearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Australian expose of a secret pedophile ring involving Brittish MPs, Lords and senior police/MI5 figures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The Voynich manuscript

I'd tell you more but then Shaggy, Scoob and Dan Brown would be left with time on their hands.

I had a good puzzle over that one. I decided the logical reason for it to be encoded would be if it was about making perfumes. Big business, then and now.

I can't get past MH370, if i think about it long enough I lose sleep over it.
    The ocean is very , very deep. And visibility down there is really bad. And that's if the aircraft is inside the search area. At close to the speed of sound 30 minutes in a different direction would mean you'd need to add the are of Ireland to the search.

When the downloads are complete we'll probably have better maps of Pluto than of the ocean floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The ocean is very , very deep. And visibility down there is really bad. And that's if the aircraft is inside the search area. At close to the speed of sound 30 minutes in a different direction would mean you'd need to add the are of Ireland to the search.

When the downloads are complete we'll probably have better maps of Pluto than of the ocean floor.

Yeah, but the thing is that whenever you see a crashed plane in the sea you always see loads of debris. It eventually gets washed up somewhere. With MH 370 there has been nothing, absolutely nothing found of the tens of thousands of pieces of debris from a plane that smashes into the ocean.

I know that the Australian west coast is mostly unpopulated but there is enough of it to almost ensure that a few significant bits would wash up.

I also never got how they initially couldn't use traces from mobile phones on the plane to get a rough idea which direction the plane went.

My own theory is this: It was suicide by a pilot. He switched the oxygen off so that people fell asleep, keeping his own supply going. He then flew the plane as far into the most isolated part of the ocean as possible, did a controlled landing on water when the fuel ran out, then just opened the doors and let the plane sink.

No hard impact, means little or no debris. Kerosene all burnt up means that the only significant oil slick is from engine oil and that only dissipates when the plane has sunk meaning it's almost unnoticeable from the air.

If it was a crime it's the most perfect mass murder in modern times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Red Kev wrote: »
    Yeah, but the thing is that whenever you see a crashed plane in the sea you always see loads of debris. It eventually gets washed up somewhere. With MH 370 there has been nothing, absolutely nothing found of the tens of thousands of pieces of debris from a plane that smashes into the ocean.

I know that the Australian west coast is mostly unpopulated but there is enough of it to almost ensure that a few significant bits would wash up.

I also never got how they initially couldn't use traces from mobile phones on the plane to get a rough idea which direction the plane went.

My own theory is this: It was suicide by a pilot. He switched the oxygen off so that people fell asleep, keeping his own supply going. He then flew the plane as far into the most isolated part of the ocean as possible, did a controlled landing on water when the fuel ran out, then just opened the doors and let the plane sink.

No hard impact, means little or no debris. Kerosene all burnt up means that the only significant oil slick is from engine oil and that only dissipates when the plane has sunk meaning it's almost unnoticeable from the air.

I think suicide by a pilot is what most of the experts think too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Red Kev wrote: »

Jesus thats dark. Almost plausible i suppose but id imagine that kind of landing would be pretty difficult. Was there suspicion on the MH370 pilot? Do they have reason to think he was suicidal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Was there suspicion on the MH370 pilot? Do they have reason to think he was suicidal?

I think they say he practiced a religion that glorifies suicide and taking as many people as possible along with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jesus thats dark. Almost plausible i suppose but id imagine that kind of landing would be pretty difficult. Was there suspicion on the MH370 pilot? Do they have reason to think he was suicidal?

I did a quick google search and all I could find were links from those anti-Islam fanatical sites trying to show 'this is proof every Muslim is evil' type nonsense. And then from the Daily Mail, using unnamed sources to claim he was part of an unnamed religion. Didn't look far in, but there might be better sources if you go a few pages back in the google search.

Advertisement