Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Dreamweaver connection problems...

Options
  • 21-08-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have trouble using the IDE in Adobe - specifically trouble putting files to the server?

It only seems to work half the time, and the other times it's taking ages "Waiting for server", before eventually giving up. I often have to try a few times just to save my file (onto the server)

But it just uses FTP to connect, and if I use a normal FTP application like Filezilla I never have a problem. I've tried with IPv6 and without, and with Passive FTP and without...

Anyone know what the reason for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Someone over in the Design forum has a similar problem, could be an issue with the latest version of DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I don't think it has to do with the latest release because have the same problem in both CS4 and CS5. The error I am getting is different to what the person in that post is talking about.

He is getting an "Access denied" type error whereas with mine the connection just seems to time out half the time... It works if I try a few times but that's annoying. (Filezilla works every time!)

Advertisement