Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avg infected file alert.

• 21-08-2011 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, running avg plus firewall (not 2011 edition), windows 7 x64, and have had no problems for a few months now.

just came back to my pc after a few hours of work, and when the system came out of sleep mode, avg notified me of this

171583.png

any ideas/suggestions?

after a quick google, it doesnt appear to be anything harmful, but ive never seen this file or heard of it before.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

probably a false positive, upload and scan it here, and post the results back

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

wont let me upload that file. when i select the file to upload, avg goes nuts.
    tried to copy it to desktop, and avg goes nuts.
    try to delete it, and avg goes nuts!

im due a re-install anyway, been wayy to long since ive done one.

think ill just ignore it and format in a few days time.

not worth the hassle if its just a false positive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

wont let me upload that file. when i select the file to upload, avg goes nuts.
    tried to copy it to desktop, and avg goes nuts.
    try to delete it, and avg goes nuts!

im due a re-install anyway, been wayy to long since ive done one.

think ill just ignore it and format in a few days time.

not worth the hassle if its just a false positive.

Remove AVG, its crap nowadays, get something like Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast, much better, does look like a false possitive, but after AVG is uninstalled Virus Total BASSMOD.dll and see what comes up, as its attaching itself to the svchost.exe process by the looks its possible it is dodgy

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Black Bullet

Any update on this ? I have the same thing happening to mine. I ran a trojan remover and avg alert isnt poping up anymore, however since then ,strange things have been happening
    1. Lan port seems to be stopped working.
    2. Wlan still looking for network(when i repair or disable & enable it works again for a short while).
    3. Google chrome sending me to same website.
    4. Cant run ad aware keeps crashing.
    5. Avg keeps crashing.
    6. Ran avg scan in safemode but found nothing.
    7. Tried installing win 7 but it cant find hard drive on pc.

I have mbam and hijack this to run and avast to install after i uninstall avg. will this help?

PC is an Asrock ion 330HT-BD running XP pro sp3

Advertisement