Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to bake a cake

Options
  • 21-08-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

i just dont know what kind of cake i want to bake this week

something summery maybe! or like a white chocolate cake or one with cream??

i dunno something along those lines! i know im being vague but i dont really know what to bake :P

any suggestions??

also preferable not cheesecake as i already make that alot and its to die for :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

If your looking for sweet what about a strawberry sponge cake?
    If you want indulgence try making a chocolate swiss roll log.
    If you want something more subtle try a mediera cake.

just some suggestions good luck baking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

I made an absolutely delicious strawberry sponge cake last week...it turned out so light and fluffy... this was probably down to the ten minutes i stood there whisking up the eggs and sugar but it was well worth it!....the recipe also called for strawberry jam though I decided to put in fresh strawberries it was really fresh and summery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

There's an excellent recipe in my house somewhere for a White chocolate, shortbread and strawberry cake, its amazing, uses white choc, double cream, butter shortbread and strawberries. If you want to make it Ill find the recipe and post it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

all of these sound so nice!!

thanks alot guys...still havent got round to making one bt when i do ill post pictures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I made an absolutely delicious strawberry sponge cake last week...it turned out so light and fluffy... this was probably down to the ten minutes i stood there whisking up the eggs and sugar but it was well worth it!....the recipe also called for strawberry jam though I decided to put in fresh strawberries it was really fresh and summery :)

That sounds lovely do u have the recipe? iv never baked a cake before though...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Sure...its a really easy recipe and theres not many ingredients needed. its here on my blog

let me know if you need any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

Keogg wrote: »
    There's an excellent recipe in my house somewhere for a White chocolate, shortbread and strawberry cake, its amazing, uses white choc, double cream, butter shortbread and strawberries. If you want to make it Ill find the recipe and post it :)

this sounds amazing can i please have the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

cookie82 wrote: »
    this sounds amazing can i please have the recipe?

No Problemo, this is one of my favourite desserts :)
    you'll need:
    200g shortbread fingers
    25g butter
    150g white chocolate
    225g fresh strawberries
    1/2 pint of double cream

Method:
    Line a loaf tin with cling film to come above sides
    Crush the shortbread fingers in a bag with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press 3/4s of the crumbs into the base of the tin. Chill.
    Grate the chocolate in a bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water, do not stir.
    Rinse, hull, dry and roughly chop the strawberries
    Place the cream in a large bowl and whip until it just holds its shape. Add the melted chocolate and fold in quickly.
    Split the mixture half and half into another bowl and add all the strawberries to one half.
    Pour half the strawberry filled mix on top of the biscuist base, then the plain mix, and then the other half of the strawberry mix.
    Top with the remaining biscuit crumbs and chill for 2-4 hours. Remove from tin, take of the film, slice and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

yum thanks a mill

Advertisement