Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2012 or FIFA 12

Options
  • 21-08-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

First post on this board. Registered because of this sub-forum. Well, what are your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

More than likely FIFA, but I'll give both demos a go and see which feels better. Have to get FIFA anyway because of certain projects I'd like to work on...

🤪

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note: Be warned now if this turns into another fan boy thread, as usually happens, just bashing the other title then the thread will be locked and closed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got both last yr and I think I preferred pes,it just seemed more polished and a more realistic footy game but I'm gonna get both demos and decide then,won't be getting both this yr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

Axwell wrote: »
    Mod Note: Be warned now if this turns into another fan boy thread, as usually happens, just bashing the other title then the thread will be locked and closed.

Not at all. Considering I've been following closely every update for both games this year and I've seen more gameplay fluidity and better animations from FIFA 12 but more realistic gameplay and better tournaments from PES 2012.

Being a Southamerican, I was thrilled that they finally included the Copa Libertadores on PES 2011.

Another thing that I've seen bad from FIFA are the servers though I don't play online that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Futbolero wrote: »
    Not at all. Considering I've been following closely every update for both games this year and I've seen more gameplay fluidity and better animations from FIFA 12 but more realistic gameplay and better tournaments from PES 2012.

Being a Southamerican, I was thrilled that they finally included the Copa Libertadores on PES 2011.

Another thing that I've seen bad from FIFA are the servers though I don't play online that much.

I'm never pushed by licenses. Old Pro Evo's had little to nothing but were amazing games. Think Konami need to decide if they want to go sim based or arcade based.

FIFA servers have been iffy - apparently moving to Europe (from Canada I believe). Not much good to yourself, but hopefully fixes my problems :D

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Have been a FIFA fan all along, never liked PES. Won't be getting any this year though because I'm sick of tiny changes being made and bigger problems that weren't present making it in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It was a general comment to the thread Futbolero, not specifically aimed at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

If the PES demo is any good ill probably get it this year, last years one was alright but still not great. Much preferred Fifa 11, if Fifa 12 gameplay is similiar to 11 i might get PES for a change

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I might download the Pro Evo demo to see how it is this year. Haven't played it since 2010. I was put off it by the awful, awful penalty system. If the demos any good I'll get it as well as Fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

will download both demos but i havent bought any PES game since ps2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Dunno if I'll be getting either this year to be honest. PES has been awful since the move to PS3/360 and while FIFA has been good, the small changes they make every year aren't enough to warrant a purchase.

If Pro Evo turns out to be good then I'll definitely buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Meh Fifa 11 was poor this year and full of bugs that were never fixed.

Il get fifa 12 simply for the fact theres more of a community playing it and I make a few quid playing Fifa but I expect numerous bugs and faults with 12 as I had with 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

i've always been a Fifa fan,but even thought PES took over as the #1 game for a while,i think fifa 11 got Fifa back on top,I'll still get fifa,but will probably play both,as my job allows me to :)

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    i've always been a Fifa fan,but even thought PES took over as the #1 game for a while,i think fifa 11 got Fifa back on top,I'll still get fifa,but will probably play both,as my job allows me to :)

Really? When was that? A lot of FIFA fans have told me their game has been the better one since 09.
    I got Pro Evo 2011 months ago and have been enjoying it a lot. I like the gameplay but the animations need work, especially the keeper animations.

BAL mode is awesome as well as the Master League. Right now doing a league with Barcelona.

Even though I had to download a patch that fixed all players and teams to the more resembling ones, I got tired of that and I can see some players don't look like their real life counterparts.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Futbolero wrote: »
    Really? When was that? A lot of FIFA fans have told me their game has been the better one since 09.
    I got Pro Evo 2011 months ago and have been enjoying it a lot. I like the gameplay but the animations need work, especially the keeper animations.

BAL mode is awesome as well as the Master League. Right now doing a league with Barcelona.

Even though I had to download a patch that fixed all players and teams to the more resembling ones, I got tired of that and I can see some players don't look like their real life counterparts.

I only ever kept playing Pro Evo for that mode. Much better than Be a Pro in Fifa IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm going to sit on the fence this year and wait and see what the complaints are like.

Not really a FIFA fan, but may try it if it gets glowing reviews a month or two after release.

PES was my fave but it's not done enough to keep me interested in the last few years.

If neither look great I'll skip both of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

PES Demo out today on PSN

Out on xbox in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Just checked there on its not up yet :(

What time will it be avaliable at?

yeah just checked myself and not available yet

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PSN, XBL and PC today (based on preview code shown at GamesCom, so the keepers aren't as good and the passing isn't as free, as well as other issues).

New demo, based on final code, released on all 3 in September as well.

• Advertisement

PSN, XBL and PC today (based on preview code shown at GamesCom, so the keepers aren't as good and the passing isn't as free, as well as other issues).

so the demo won't be out til sep 3rd?

James__10 wrote: »
    so the demo won't be out til sep 3rd?

cool i get you know, what time will it be released at?

James__10 wrote: »
    cool i get you know, what time will it be released at?

Honestly, no idea.

I think XBL updates are around 5, but I can't remember, I only ever care around PES Demo time! As for PSN, I thought UK was up and running, and I thought UK and Ireland were the same store. Not sure what time they will be released in Ireland, but Konami have said the demo will def be on XBL today (and PSN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Get both demos and decide for yourself. It's the only way. Online in pro evo is woeful, it was better on the ps2. Every year they drop a few options that were in the previous game for some reason.
    markie29 wrote: »
    will download both demos but i havent bought any PES game since ps2.

I've had them all, the current one is the only decent one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for the demo to come out :D

Cant wait for the demo to come out :D

PSN is due today, if not out already, but I am hearing there maybe problems with the XBL version. Rumblings that it might be Friday before it is released....

downloading the demo now.....will post what i think about it later.

markie29 wrote: »
    downloading the demo now.....will post what i think about it later.
    It's not on NA's PSN yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Played PES religiously up until PES2008. FIFA 08 has taken over since then for me.

I'll definitely get FIFA 12 on release. Usually end up picking up PES for a knockdown price later on in the year. Will be sooner if the demo is very impressive.

Advertisement