Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2012 or FIFA 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Also tip for anyone starting manual: play the cpu on lowest difficulty so that you have time to get used to tapping short passes around. I did it the hard way just playin online from the start but it takes ye way longer to get better I'd say.

Get a bitta confidence against crap cpu, then move up the difficulties and start playing some online. Nothing more satisfying though, and i think last year was the first fifa where manual was really playable against top auto players, but this year its even better.

I dream of a fifa where there are no assisted options but know it will never happen. But the more people playing manual online with this new matchmaking system the more likely you are to play other manual players.

Right ye have me sold anyway :D, im going down this route when i pick up the new one prob start a career on easy with everything off, play a season or 2 gradually increasing the difficulty level ,then hit online.

Also I have to say im really enjoying the Pro demo, really has a feel of the proper good ol days about it , might pick it up also this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Played 2 games of FIFA demo....won't be buying it.

I agree with the defensive comment about Pro Evo though....still will get it as I am not a fan of Floaty FIFA....it never seems to change.

This floaty fifa thing yer on about Ive found is true in normal default settings down the years of fifa when compared to PES 5,6 but honestly (sound like a fanboy now:pac:) try the game in manual settings. Stick with it and yal see the difference. Its the perfect (but bloody frustrating at times) football sim then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Also I have to say im really enjoying the Pro demo, really has a feel of the proper good ol days about it , might pick it up also this year.

BS... Big Statement! Really? I might download it but the only one of my friends that still plays football games plays pro ev 6 (probably the best) and refuses to play later ones.

Can ye elaborate a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

BS... Big Statement! Really? I might download it but the only one of my friends that still plays football games plays pro ev 6 (probably the best) and refuses to play later ones.

Can ye elaborate a bit?

God i loved 6, prob my most played game online ever.
    well ive only played a few games of the 2nd demo, but it def has a certain feel to it and doesnt have that bland robotic feel of the last few years, also all the goals i've seen have been different, some screamers some scrambles, but none feel scripted like previous years and have that old sense of joy i used to get. wing play is improved too which i love. Download it and see what ya think anyway, maybe its just me but id be interested to see if anyone else feels the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Played a few games of the 2 demos. Don't see the attraction of fifa at all. I'm going to try it in easy with the manual pass.
    Pro evo is very similar to last years. One problem is the passing: the odd one goes completely astray. Shooting has improved and AI seems far better. But not sure I could buy a game where I have to look at Cristiano Ronaldos smug face. I really hope you can change the menu wallpaper to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Fowler87 wrote: »
    This floaty fifa thing yer on about Ive found is true in normal default settings down the years of fifa when compared to PES 5,6 but honestly (sound like a fanboy now:pac:) try the game in manual settings. Stick with it and yal see the difference. Its the perfect (but bloody frustrating at times) football sim then!

I will give it a go.

Hate all this "fanboy" thing thrown around....it's the same with COD3/BF3.

I remember FIFA Road to the World Cup.
    It doesn't feel much different TBH all these years later.
    FIFA is too automated and has held sway because of marketing and licences.
    Love all of the other franchises they produce but FIFA.....nah.

It's great to have two games to compete and keep the other on their toes.

I will give it a go.

Hate all this "fanboy" thing thrown around....it's the same with COD3/BF3.

I remember FIFA Road to the World Cup.
    It doesn't feel much different TBH all these years later.
    FIFA is too automated and has held sway because of marketing and licences.
    Love all of the other franchises they produce but FIFA.....nah.

It's great to have two games to compete and keep the other on their toes.

Go into controller settings and turn everything onto manual. Makes it a lot better.

Good stuff looks like weve a few more manual players on board.. MUUHAHAHA!!:pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Good stuff looks like weve a few more manual players on board.. MUUHAHAHA!!:pac:

I'm new to fifa and almost every pass was underhit on manual! I think playing it in easy to get used to it is a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Right, haven't enjoyed the first attempt at the PES2012 demo despite winning 3-0. Willing to give it another shot but SEEM TO HAVE TO WATCH A 40MINUTE CINEMATIC OF FEATURES I DIDN'T NOTICE!!! Puts me right off...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

id totally play manual but all i do is play online and dont want to get my ass handed to me everytime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

id totally play manual but all i do is play online and dont want to get my ass handed to me everytime :(

Then just play online vs other manual players. Sorted :D

The more we get the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

rooney doing ridiculous tricks in the menu= puke, cringe, puke again

not being able to skip the PES intro=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    rooney doing ridiculous tricks in the menu= puke, cringe, puke again

not being able to skip the PES intro=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Really annoying. In last years demo you had to watch that crap after every game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Then just play online vs other manual players. Sorted :D

The more we get the better!

yea but i like to pick up my pad and just play a load of rando games! also ill be mostly playing ultimate team

p.s. that adam from cs? :-p

yea but i like to pick up my pad and just play a load of rando games! also ill be mostly playing ultimate team

p.s. that adam from cs? :-p

Yea I'm Adam, used to play plenty of TFC and CS :D

Still playing a bit of TFC. Love it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Really annoying. In last years demo you had to watch that crap after every game too.

It can be awful to sit through... unless you use the time to make tea! :) Im pretty sure this is what konami had in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just finished a few games of the Fifa 12 demo, quality!

Looking forward to Pro tomorrow

Downloaded both games there last night.. First time Ive played a pro evo game since pes 6 on the ps2:o The graphics are immense on it with good bit more detail than fifa but the gameplay has alot to be desired. Awful robotic and when ya switch to manual there is not much difference between that and assisted controls.. Its ironic though considering fifa used to be all about the graphics and pes the great gameplay.

Like I thought from readings a few reviews already, fifa will definitely suit the manual player alot more this year cos the defending is tough to get used to so there should be more time in possession instead of the traditional pressure, missile defending:pac: Overall gameplay is still similar to last year but seems a bit more solid when yer in possession and passing range seems to have got better too. Liking the new tele camera angle too, definitely can see alot more of the pitch.. Looking forward to the full release:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Downloaded and played the FIFA 12 demo last night. Quite sluggish but that means they have changed a fair bit so it takes getting used to. Must say that it is very difficult! I love how there is a real element of unpredictability about so much of the game; like how when you take a shot it depends entirely on how you are set for it, making tackles is nothing like before where you just slide or stand tackle when beside a player and either hack or win the ball. Now if you aren't very careful you will mess up a slide tackle and miss both player and ball. The precision dribbling I have been enjoying. It allows you to take on a man whilst dribbling and can make subtle movements to get past him and avoid his challenge. Messi is finally what he is like in real life. Fantastic physics on the ball. Great player movement animations, PES still has better faces but that's not a big deal.
    Seriously excited about this compared to PES 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I was always a fan of FIFA in the late 90s and early noughties until PES 5 for the Playstation which was a really good game I thought.

PES on the PS3 isn't great and since then I have moved to Xbox with FIFA 11 which is very good but the penalty system sucks and the shooting function is frustrating to say the least.

I'm going to get both demos too and the gameplay is going to be the deciding factor for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ill be getting Fifa, IMO Pro Evo has struggled to make the console leap, I remember getting excited about the next Pro release as it was miles ahead of Fifa then it just started to lose everything I liked about it, Played last years Pro once just didnt like it which annoyed me cause I used to love Master League and the fact I could make My own world 11 not like fifas stupid one but thats not enough so twill be Fifa again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Ended up woth both last year and going to give Pro a first buy this year. Not really happy with Fifa since 09 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Will be buying FIFA.

Will wait on Pro Evo - if I get to play the full game at a friend's house, it will make up my mind. Not playing the demo because I'm already sick of the post game cinematic / ad...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

Have played the Pes Demo on the xbox and it is way better than last years offering, movement seems real fluid, not sluggish at all...

i like the way you can get players ahead of you to run into space... quality..

i'll try the fifa demo as well and see,,, but I'd say I'll be buying PES anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

blackbelt wrote: »
    PES on the PS3 isn't great and since then I have moved to Xbox with FIFA 11 which is very good but the penalty system sucks and the shooting function is frustrating to say the least.

FIFA's penalty system is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Played PES religiously up until PES2008. FIFA 08 has taken over since then for me.

I'll definitely get FIFA 12 on release. Usually end up picking up PES for a knockdown price later on in the year. Will be sooner if the demo is very impressive.

Having said this.... and having not liked the first PES2012 demo at all, the second one is actually very very impressive. Played the first on the PS3, and the second on the Xbox, not sure if that makes any difference.

The second one is so much better, there is no comparison at all. Players actually making intelligent runs into space (the full backs in particular). It actually plays really well.

It's the first year since 2008 where it is a semi-serious challenger to FIFA. I think I'll pick it up on close to release date, or for Christmas at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

to be honest lads both are rubbish this year, the new fifa's a mess those small improvements they've made are terrible.

fifa 12 is fifa 11 like it or not all that defensive rubbish was in fifa 11 and 10:D

pes is just sh*t and has been ever since the switch from ps2!

to be honest lads both are rubbish this year, the new fifa's a mess those small improvements they've made are terrible.

fifa 12 is fifa 11 like it or not all that defensive rubbish was in fifa 11 and 10:D

pes is just sh*t and has been ever since the switch from ps2!

Completely disagree with the part in bold but anyway, for me its not evenn close Fifa 12 all day long. And unlike others, I have zero interest in picking up PES at all, even if it was free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was always a die hard Pro evo fan up to Pro 5 everything after that has been terrible. I still play pro 5 on the PS2 thats how good it was.

Fifa to me has always been for the person who watches football on Sky but has never played it and i hated it because of this.

That is up until this year the improvements from last year are impressive, not the football sim Pro 5 was but the best game on the next gen consoles by a mile.

Advertisement