Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Adiboo wrote: »
    Luckily I've never been arrested myself. I'm an upstanding citizen :D Or maybe I'm just too good on my feet for the guards in Tralee :P

In my defence I did pretty much get an apology to certain degree of the superintendent a few months later when I went in to receive my warning because essentially what I was saying was right I just chose the wrong place and time to say it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

In my defence I did pretty much get an apology to certain degree of the superintendent a few months later when I went in to receive my warning because essentially what I was saying was right I just chose the wrong place and time to say it :o

You've got nice guards all the way up there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Adiboo wrote: »
    You've got nice guards all the way up there :p

We really don't. :pac:

I remember when I was working in a fast food place in town. On a staff night out at a bar across the road, we all ran over to the back of the restaurant to say hi to the staff on their break who couldn't come. EVERYONE had a glass of alcohol in their hand, bar me because I was on anti-bios so I had a Diet Coke.

Gardaí come along and ask ME what we're all doing. I told them we were saying hi to our colleagues. They accused me of being drunk (while everyone else was swigging from their glasses). I said I was only drinking coke. Was called a 'fúcking liar.' I held the glass out and said 'Look, you can smell or taste it, it's honestly just a coke, I'm on anti-biotics so I can't drink.'

The Garda then screamed at me that he was arresting me for threatening him with a weapon.

Me, in my confused state, got a bit silly and was like 'It's not a weapon! It's a diet coke!' at which point my colleagues fell around laughing. Garda tried to arrest me, grabbed my hands behind my back, causing me to drop the glass.

I got really angry and shouted that I'd have him done for assault and that what he did was on CCTV and that I'd have him arrested for assaulting me once they breathalyzed me at the station to prove I wasn't drinking. My friend then grabbed the anti-bios from my bag and shoved them in his face until he let me go.

Gardaí here aren't nice, Marty is just a feckin' charmer. Either that or he acts gay enough to flatter them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    We really don't. :pac:

I remember when I was working in a fast food place in town. On a staff night out at a bar across the road, we all ran over to the back of the restaurant to say hi to the staff on their break who couldn't come. EVERYONE had a glass of alcohol in their hand, bar me because I was on anti-bios so I had a Diet Coke.

Gardaí come along and ask ME what we're all doing. I told them we were saying hi to our colleagues. They accused me of being drunk (while everyone else was swigging from their glasses). I said I was only drinking coke. Was called a 'fúcking liar.' I held the glass out and said 'Look, you can smell or taste it, it's honestly just a coke, I'm on anti-biotics so I can't drink.'

The Garda then screamed at me that he was arresting me for threatening him with a weapon.

Me, in my confused state, got a bit silly and was like 'It's not a weapon! It's a diet coke!' at which point my colleagues fell around laughing. Garda tried to arrest me, grabbed my hands behind my back, causing me to drop the glass.

I got really angry and shouted that I'd have him done for assault and that what he did was on CCTV and that I'd have him arrested for assaulting me once they breathalyzed me at the station to prove I wasn't drinking. My friend then grabbed the anti-bios from my hand and shoved them in his face until he let me go.

Gardaí here aren't nice, Marty is just a feckin' charmer. Either that or he acts gay enough to flatter them. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I had a full 10 oz steak with onion rings, pepper sauce and chips for lunch.
    Then I had pasta for dinner.
    I'm now preggernent with food quadriplets.
    I regret NOTHING!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lynda-you hooligan.Should have been locked up.

All this talk about criminal behaviour reminds me of the time I was on the way to see Ozzy in Mcgonagles in 1991.Yeah Ozzy in McGonagles for two nights-no way was I missing that and being sober!!!!

I was 16,had drank a bottle of whiskey and these two garda came up and took it off me.

I really should have left it at that but no I couldnt let it go!!!!!!

In my drunken wisdom I thought Id get it back by proceeding to hit-probably too nice a word--I belted the garda car with my biker jacket....so yep you can guess what happens next.I got thrwon in the back of the car and brought to some city centre station where I started crying like a baby that my dad would kill me if he found out so they stuck me in a cell and heres me thinking Im going to get banged up and have a criminal record.

But the two garda were actually really sound--they let me sober up and then gave me a lift back to the gig in the car and let me off with a stern warning..I think that one bit of niceness from them stopped me ever acting up again.

Back in the day the fear of the garda was still there...pity its not there now.

Feel sorry for what they have to put up with these days.I say arm them and give them a bit of power to defend themselves.Even stun guns would be beneficial to them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

McChubbin wrote: »
    I regret NOTHING!

That sounds fecking gorgeous.Nothing like a steak covered in onions and mushrooms with pepper sauce.

Ive only just eaten my dinner and I feel hungry again after reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

I regret NOTHING!

Give this a try next time:-P
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4734507/supersize-meat.html

Rich11 wrote: »

Im really hungry now!!!!

Thats some steak!!

• Advertisement

I regret NOTHING!

I'm jealous. Feckin' diet. What I've eaten today -

Breakfast: A poached egg and a slice of wholegrain toast.
    Lunch: Two unsalted rice cakes and hummus.
    Dinner: Salad with lettuce, raw carrot, one boiled egg, spinach and chickpeas.

I feel like a rabbit. I think I'm gonna make chicken breasts smothered in chillies later, haven't eaten enough calories according to the chart I'm using. :pac:

I'm jealous. Feckin' diet. What I've eaten today -

Breakfast: A poached egg and a slice of wholegrain toast.
    Lunch: Two unsalted rice cakes and hummus.
    Dinner: Salad with lettuce, raw carrot, one boiled egg, spinach and chickpeas.

I feel like a rabbit. I think I'm gonna make chicken breasts smothered in chillies later, haven't eaten enough calories according to the chart I'm using. :pac:

Here diets dont work despite what 7 billion women think.The only way to loose weight is to work it off through exercise.

Get Marty in his mankini and have an all night session and you`ll burn off a load of calories ;););)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Here diets dont work despite what 7 billion women think.The only way to loose weight is to work it off through exercise.

Get Marty in his mankini and have an all night session and you`ll burn off a load of calories ;););)

Ah, it's not a specific diet as such. Just eating very high protein, very low carb and not going over 1,200 calories a day. I've been doing it for 2 and a half years and, combined with exercise, I'm at around 9 stone of weight loss so it appears to be working!

I'll be getting him OUT of his mankini. ;) Might get some extra protein that way too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yay, new iPod. Now I don't have to listen to people again! :D

Hellrazer wrote: »

Im really hungry now!!!!

Thats some steak!!

Yeah. Iv cooked a few 18oz steaks in work a few times for the rich fat bastards we get in from time to time:-P n they are fúckin big.....rarly get finished:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

All this talk of steak has me hungry too...

Evening everyone, did ye miss me? No? Ok.. :(

Spent the last couple days in Cork, little bit of work, and beers with a couple boardsies, was good fun :)

Mylina wrote: »

Spent the last couple days in Cork, little bit of work, and beers with a couple boardsies, was good fun :)
    Me too

Im in work....while on ere cause its dead:-(:-P

Think im gonna grab a free steak for my din dins..... Jelous anyone:-P

Rich11 wrote: »
    Me too

Im in work....while on ere cause its dead:-(:-P

Think im gonna grab a free steak for my din dins..... Jelous anyone:-P

Yes, am jealous.... I might have toast... And beer :D

Welcome back! I did actually notice that you weren't around. :(

Have fun? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

People can't finish an 18oz steak??? Some people are bitches!

Arawn wrote: »

I struggle to finish an 8oz steak. :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I struggle to finish an 8oz steak. :o :pac:

I'd destroy a 14 oz in a few minutes but then again I dont eat onions or that other stuff so I generally have more more

Welcome back! I did actually notice that you weren't around. :(

Have fun? :)

Awww,someone missed me... Thanks love :) x

Yes, had lots of fun. Some nice pubs in Cork :) took it handy though, needed to be up fairly early this morning :)

I'd destroy a 14 oz in a few minutes but then again I dont eat onions or that other stuff so I generally have more more

Lol, I wasn't including any extras. I struggle to finish an 8oz steak on its own... :pac:

@ Mylina, what pubs did you go to? I love going out in Cork. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My brothers gf is getting a tattoo tomorrow. I hate her so much.

Also, hair bleach bloody stinks!

Lol, I wasn't including any extras. I struggle to finish an 8oz steak on its own... :pac:

@ Mylina, what pubs did you go to? I love going out in Cork. :)

Hmmmmm, we were in The Long Valley and Crane Lane last night... Everywhere fairly quiet, except for Crane Lane, which was heaving, as usual :)

Yes, am jealous.... I might have toast... And beer :D

Beer sounds great:-)

have yet to see one finished so far.....one day....... Think il b waiting

has this turned into the steak forum?

• Advertisement

Forget about steak.

I just had a grilled chicken breast, covered in a sauce I made containing ghost peppers, habaneros, lime juice and numerous other things I had lying around the house.

My mouth is burning, but my god, it was lovely. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement