Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can't really see me going to anyone other than John in Inkwell. Absolutely delighted with the Batman stuff he's already done for me, he loves doing comic book art and is just very easy to deal with.

Sadly, looking at the ol' cashflow it could be a while until I get around to this though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

maximoose wrote: »
    I can't really see me going to anyone other than John in Inkwell. Absolutely delighted with the Batman stuff he's already done for me, he loves doing comic book art and is just very easy to deal with.

Sadly, looking at the ol' cashflow it could be a while until I get around to this though!

Ah cool not to familiar with his work, but if he loves doing comic book you cant go wrong.

Ah that just means yeh have more time to save while ya work out what ya want in your head :), sure ive still to decide on my last movie character but have till the end of March to decide, im having trouble narrowing it down :o, for me its not necessarily about a certain character its showing my love for movies so want something that fits at the moment im thinking Del Toro as im a big fan of Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth but that could change :o, also thinking something from Full Metal Jacket or war films and gangster films in general as there two my favorite genres decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

maximoose wrote: »
    Villains, villains, villains!

Prob 5/6 of my favourite Batman villains. Hush, Joker and Harvey Dent are certs - shortlist being drawn up for the other vacancies and a careful selection process will follow :pac:

I couldn't have a joker tatt without Harley.

So are you putting The Condiment King on there? :pac:
    worst-batmanvillains-condimentking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Without a doubt! Condiment king, Kite-Man, Killer Moth and Ratcatcher would make a great sleeve of sh*te

Add in Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Humpty Dumpty, and The Baffler, and you're onto a real winner loser...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Get a Mark Hamill portrait instead of the Joker to mess with people.

Pengiun and Mad Hatter would be two I'd go for.

Also Hush is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Shopping, yay! :) I got lovely clothes and the girl in the shop gave me 33% off everything because she loves me 'cause myself and my sisters are always buying clothes in there 'cause they're all original pieces.

Hell yes. :)

Also, plans for tonight. :)

Then my gay best friend (every girl has to have one!) has booked a hotel for us and one of the other girls, is insisting on paying for a night out for me tomorrow and has already got a 700ml bottle of vodka waiting for me in his backpack. Tomorrow's gonna be one messy night! :D

New laptop just arrived and my head already hurts :(, considering my last laptop I was about at leat 5 years old and running Windows Vista this is like a whole new beast havent a clue what im doing doing with it, its going to take a few days to get used to.

New laptop just arrived and my head already hurts :(, considering my last laptop I was about at leat 5 years old and running Windows Vista this is like a whole new beast havent a clue what im doing doing with it, its going to take a few days to get used to.

It's a windows 8 you ordered, yeah? Try switch to windows seven (google it, I can't remember how to do it), it's more straight forward and easier to navigate than 8. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

:p That's assuming you can find google.

• Advertisement

He just needs to Ask Jeeves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

haha i feel ur pain! i got a new laptop recently too and my last one was a 5-6 yr ol vista piece of krud!! the hi-def screen makes my eyes weep haha :p

Orim wrote: »
    He just needs to Ask Jeeves :P

:pac::pac: Pair of smartarses , I managed to find something resembling a normal home screen but have no idea how I done it but it will do for now :cool:.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    It's a windows 8 you ordered, yeah? Try switch to windows seven (google it, I can't remember how to do it), it's more straight forward and easier to navigate than 8. :)

i made sure to get windows7 on mine!! dont like the look of that windows8 haha

gregers85 wrote: »

Yeah, I don't like the look of it myself either!!!
    Built my own computer a few years ago with Windows 7, still going reasonably well, just needs more storage space and more RAM now.

Windows 8 isn't too bad. I have Windows 7 on one laptop and 8 on my new laptop, but I use my old one most. :)

Marty, the button with the 4 squares on it, between the alt and FN buttons, will bring up your options for folders, files, homescreen, music, etc, on windows 8.

ffs. GIRLS are meant to be technophobic and yet I seem to be the one person here capable of using a computer. :pac:

haha i feel ur pain! i got a new laptop recently too and my last one was a 5-6 yr ol vista piece of krud!! the hi-def screen makes my eyes weep haha :p

:pac: yeh ive noticed that it fecking blinding me compared to my last dull screen its sooo white ha, yeh I think ive windows 8, im trying to find the start menu now im assuming thats hiding somewhere :pac:.

:pac: yeh ive noticed that it fecking blinding me compared to my last dull screen its sooo white ha, yeh I think ive windows 8, im trying to find the start menu now im assuming thats hiding somewhere :pac:.

You DO have windows 8, I remembered what laptop ya bought.

Funny that I'm having to tell you what's on your laptop! This is why getting me to pick your laptop was handy for you. :p

Follow what I said in my above post and you'll get to your start menu.

Marty, the button with the 4 squares on it, between the alt and FN buttons, will bring up your options for folders, files, homescreen, music, etc, on windows 8.

Ah yeh thats the screen it started up on looks like a mobile phone screen, im getting there slowly but surely, I need to keep up with technology more.

Ah yeh thats the screen it started up on looks like a mobile phone screen, im getting there slowly but surely, I need to keep up with technology more.

haha, yeah it looks like an app menu. I'll explain tonight how to get windows 7 on it, you'll have no problems with 7 cause it's extremely straightforward.

• Advertisement

ye its designed to look like a tablet!/ smartphone! Ment to be very easy to use on them! there's a way to turn it on to classic mode to look like normal windows but i cant member off top of my head!

Yeah, I don't like the look of it myself either!!!
    Built my own computer a few years ago with Windows 7, still going reasonably well, just needs more storage space and more RAM now.

it funny how quick the hard-drive fills up and the RAM too, when you buy it or install it u think have loads more then enough and within a few yrs its miles less then the average haha my last laptop had 2 gig of RAM and that was massive at the time haha

Windows 8 to classic look:
    Run regedit. Then navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    In the right pane, double-click on RPEnabled key and change its value from 1 to 0

(Probably best to leave Lynda to do that for ya Marty... :pac:)

Yeah, I'm going to rip his head off if he even attempts to do that himself. :pac:

I thought I was useless with technology til I came across you lot. :p

Ah sure nothing can go wrong messing with the registry :P

I'm starting to get a headache but I think that's just because I finish work in 45 minutes.

ye its designed to look like a tablet!/ smartphone! Ment to be very easy to use on them! there's a way to turn it on to classic mode to look like normal windows but i cant member off top of my head!

I dont know I kinda like the the look of Windows 8 im just not used to it, ill pick it up im sure.

:pac:Thanks Damo but I reckon your right,I feel like an old man after getting his first ever mobile phone :pac:.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

ffs. GIRLS are meant to be technophobic and yet I seem to be the one person here capable of using a computer. :pac:

Oi! As an IT professional (ha!), I resent that! *pushes glasses up nose* :pac:

I dont know I kinda like the the look of Windows 8 im just not used to it, ill pick it up im sure.

:pac:Thanks Damo but I reckon your right,I feel like an old man after getting his first ever mobile phone :pac:.

Ha, bring your laptop with ya tonight and I'll set it up to the classic look for ya.

@Jenizzle - it's okay, glasses are sexy on women. At least, that's what I tell myself since I'm feckin' blind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most of my friends that have used it aren't fond of Windows 8. They say it'd probably be fine for stuff like tablets, but it's just not as good as 7 on regular computers.

• Advertisement

A few yrs ago my Gran-Da got his 1st mobile, funniest thing ever - he put it down went out to kitchen or something nd when he came back he pick it up and was staring at it for ages! he turned around and said ill never be able to use this thing, look at all the buttons! he had the dvd remote control haha so funny :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement