Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    @Jenizzle - it's okay, glasses are sexy on women. At least, that's what I tell myself since I'm feckin' blind.

Of course they are! I've about 7 or 8 pairs of glasses, but I wear contacts on nights out cos I hate when my glasses keep fogging up all the time. I'm also quite blind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    Of course they are! I've about 7 or 8 pairs of glasses, but I wear contacts on nights out cos I hate when my glasses keep fogging up all the time. I'm also quite blind :o

:eek: So many glasses. I have one pair and a pair of sunglasses. Couldn't afford to have multiple pairs.

I would also like to apply for the blind club. Last time I got glasses I spent a small fortune getting the thinnest lenses possible but they're still thicker then most people's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oi! As an IT professional (ha!), I resent that! *pushes glasses up nose* :pac:

I'm an IT professional too. Been dabbling with Computers since '92...

*pushes contact lenses up eyes* :pac::D

I got most of mine online (I used Goggles4u). Just measured a pair that fit me already, and then searched from there. They were super cheap (between €10 and €30 a pair with standard lenses) and they do the job nicely.

I got most of mine online (I used Goggles4u). Just measured a pair that fit me already, and then searched from there. They were super cheap (between €10 and €30 a pair with standard lenses) and they do the job nicely.

What's standard lenses? It's always the lenses that kill me. Must have a look although I'm currently planning to get my eyes fixed. The whole blindness thing worries but it's lasers!

• Advertisement

I'd assume she means not bi/vari-focals, or lenses for dealing with astigmatism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Holy crap, KISS is an awesome band! D: *slow on the uptake*
    Gonna start saving for my tat once I get next week out of the way. I read somewhere that one person's method of withstanding the pain was to suck a lollipop whilst getting inked. O.o Time to load up on strawberry Chuba Chubbs!

Loving this vid! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I hate when you're wearing a really short skirt and can't find your black tights so have to wear skin coloured ones instead, and then worry you're going to accidentally flash someone if ya move the wrong way. :(

Also, I also have lots of glasses. Wearing a new pair right now, actually. I have some black tommy hillfiger ones, some normal black and white ones, some dark pink ones with silver and diamonds, aviator sunglasses and the ones I'm wearing now are dark purple with flowers on the stems. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Oi! As an IT professional (ha!), I resent that! *pushes glasses up nose* :pac:

So youre qualified to tell someone to "shut down and the restart the computer"

Thats all any IT professionals ever tell me to do :p:p

/runs away fast.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    So youre qualified to tell someone to "shut down and the restart the computer"

Thats all any IT professionals ever tell me to do :p:p

It's called power-cycling :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Orim wrote: »
    It's called power-cycling :P

That the official IT professionals name for it.

The amount of times that an "IT professional" has told me to "power cycle" a PC in order to fix something when I actually knew exactly what was wrong must be in the thousands at this stage.

I wonder do they have powerpoint presentations in every single lecture on how to restart a pc for 4 or 5 years of college every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I am...... work in a tech support call centre...... kinda feel a bit insulted by all these goings on at the mo :p just kidding

The amount of times that an "IT professional" has told me to "power cycle" a PC in order to fix something when I actually knew exactly what was wrong must be in the thousands at this stage.
    If you knew exactly what was wrong why where you asking the IT professionals :p;) haha just slaggin mate

gregers85 wrote: »
    I am...... work in a tech support call centre...... kinda feel a bit insulted by all these goings on at the mo :p just kidding

Ah dont--You lot do a wonderful job really :D:D:D:D(Please dont say you work for Eircom now)

Especially the Eircom ones.Fantastic at their jobs.Absolutely amazing.

This ^^^is the reason Im with UPC.

If you knew exactly what was wrong why where you asking the IT professionals :p;) haha just slaggin mate

Now now!!!
    Company policy.Even though I could fix most problems I still have to ring the support company.Only because we`re in a service contract with them!!!

Ah dont--You lot do a wonderful job really :D:D:D:D(Please dont say you work for Eircom now)

Especially the Eircom ones.Fantastic at their jobs.Absolutely amazing.

This ^^^is the reason Im with UPC.

No I dont work with Eircom haha (cant say who might get in trouble ha) but I've to deal with them all day on the phone! its pretty much what I do all day! its a disaster!! (I'd be a senior agent generally doing second line support) I cant get UPC where I live :mad: I actually had to ring eircom last month coz my modem was faulty! 40 minute phone call later - i think its your modem lol and Im still waitin for the bloody new one

Now now!!!
    Company policy.Even though I could fix most problems I still have to ring the support company.Only because we`re in a service contract with them!!!

Yeh I used be a service engineer for a company (until the dept folded) but they where the same used have companies in a strangle hold with the service contracts

gregers85 wrote: »
    No I dont work with Eircom haha (cant say who might get in trouble ha) but I've to deal with them all day on the phone! its pretty much what I do all day! its a disaster!! (I'd be a senior agent generally doing second line support) I cant get UPC where I live :mad: I actually had to ring eircom last month coz my modem was faulty! 40 minute phone call later - i think its your modem lol and Im still waitin for the bloody new one

It took me 8 weeks to get sorted with them one time.Logged over 100 calls with them.Had 3 engineer visits and then they found teh cable under my garden had broken.They came out,dug up my garden,left it in bits and then a few weeks later it went down again due to an upgrade to "NGB"

Went from getting 8mb to 1mb overnight.

So I left them for UPC.

Cant beat UPC at the mo to be fair!! there packages nd speed are the best in the country with out a doubt

I used to be in IT desktop support, but I've since moved into development in the last couple of months, thus all my knowledge of repairing PC's and laptops has vanished, and I'm as clueless as the rest of ye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I used to be in IT desktop support, but I've since moved into development in the last couple of months, thus all my knowledge of repairing PC's and laptops has vanished, and I'm as clueless as the rest of ye :P

You never had any clue anyway!

All my friends are drinking in club hell tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My plan for tomorrow night? Probably gonna play more Borderlands.

Tonight for me was playing Saints Row 3, and watching Robocop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I may be quite drunk.....

Tonight for me was driving all over Dublin, getting lost several times, being slagged and having my yawn (of all things) mocked. It was lovely. :o

Tomorrow, night out that I really don't want to go on, but eh, I've been bribed into it. :pac: Sleepy now, but yay coffee. :)

Water....... WATER!!!

You never had any clue anyway!

All my friends are drinking in club hell tomorrow :(

Ha! Friends! Why not go drinking with them?

Scrambled eggs and the Game right now. Then it's onto housework. My wild Saturday has begun.

I slept through my exercise class, oops.

On the plus side, I just listened to a voice mail from my older sister. Apparently, she may be able to get me a job that fits around my college hours. :D

I may only be up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ha! Friends! Why not go drinking with them?

ah they'restaying with one of the guys the ex went off with and then broke up with again for me. Be kinda awkward ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement