Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Adiboo wrote: »
    Well's Banana Bread Beer, and I picked it up in SuperValu! Can't speak for where Mylina got it though :)

Tesco.... Is on special in the 5 craft beers for €11 section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Mylina wrote: »
    Tesco.... Is on special in the 5 craft beers for €11 section :)

I think I paid around 2.50 for just the one bottle. Saw it and had to taste it! Good deal in Tesco though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

5.2% strong enough aswell, looks promising will pop into Tescos during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm hungover, but you lot are making me want to drink. Few glasses of wine with dinner to get me over the hangover sounds like a lovely idea. :D

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm hungover, but you lot are making me want to drink. Few glasses of wine with dinner to get me over the hangover sounds like a lovely idea. :D

Is making me thirsty too.... Think a trip to Tesco is in order! :D

• Advertisement

Im contemplating a few drinks myself, it catch 22 I know I wont sleep tonight and ill be zombie in work or have a few beers possibly get some sleep and run the risk of being groggy in work decisions :cool:.

Im contemplating a few drinks myself, it catch 22 I know I wont sleep tonight and ill be zombie in work or have a few beers possibly get some sleep and run the risk of being groggy in work decisions :cool:.

Thought you were trying to stay off the drink to keep the fitness levels up? :p Feck it, go get a few beers. :)

My trainers are talking to me on Facebook. Apparently they're setting me an 8 week challenge, which involves giving up alcohol. FUCK that.

Thought you were trying to stay off the drink to keep the fitness levels up? :p Feck it, go get a few beers. :)

My trainers are talking to me on Facebook. Apparently they're setting me an 8 week challenge, which involves giving up alcohol. FUCK that.

No no just wast drinking this weekend because today is the only chance ill really have to a decent run for a week with work and tattoo etc ;). Ill see how I feel after the run.

:pac::pac: there more chance of pigs flying that you not drinking for 8 weeks :P

No no just wast drinking this weekend because today is the only chance ill really have to a decent run for a week with work and tattoo etc ;). Ill see how I feel after the run.

:pac::pac: there more chance of pigs flying that you not drinking for 8 weeks :P

Ah, I get ya, go for it so. :)

OI! Píss off! :( Don't be mean to me. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Banana bread beer eh??? Hmmmm, night have a peek in Tesco tomorrow to see do they have it.

• Advertisement

Banana bread beer eh??? Hmmmm, night have a peek in Tesco tomorrow to see do they have it.

I *may* just have bought more.... :o

Alcos, the lot of ya! :p

Off the drink for seven weeks. I don't see myself lasting seven days, let alone seven weeks! :pac:

Tut, tut! Naughty girl!! :P :pac:

Tut, tut! Naughty girl!! :P :pac:

Nah, I'm a good girl these days.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Never really tried craft beer before. Always walked past it.

Is the banana bread beer sweet? Im curious now. May just pick one up tomorrow celebrating/commiserating the car passin/failing itsnct

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feeling slightly better now than I was earlier, though the only thing I've managed to keep down is some toast.

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Is the banana bread beer sweet? Im curious now. May just pick one up tomorrow celebrating/commiserating the car passin/failing itsnct

I thought it would be sweet, but it's not. Has a proper beer taste, is quite dark, faint smell of banana and a slight banana aftertaste.... Is very pleasant, very drinkable... (imo ;))

May just pick one up tomorrow celebrating/commiserating the car passin/failing itsnct

AH, the car failing it's NCT isn't a big deal. Don't worry about it. ;)

Mine is due soon too... Am hoping it'll pass... It better bloody pass... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I should get commission from all the customers I got them! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bleh. Swords Ink was ment to get back to me with a sketch for my tattoo on Friday. It's Sunday night and still no sketch. :/ Granted, they DID report problems with the IM on their end so I'm going to leave it 'til Tuesday. In other news, listening to The BeeGees like a boss.

Oh I know well, but have left it over a year to get it re-done on it's last fail :)

Stupid insurance void though if not sorted so time to get the finger out and sort it out. Feckin' scam ya ask me!!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Bleh. Swords Ink was ment to get back to me with a sketch for my tattoo on Friday. It's Sunday night and still no sketch. :/ Granted, they DID report problems with the IM on their end so I'm going to leave it 'til Tuesday. In other news, listening to The BeeGees like a boss.

Mind if I ask why you chose Swords Ink in the end? I just looked at the portfolios for their artists and I have to say, some of it is pretty bad work. :-/ Seriously unimpressed by their work tbh.

Was to late for Tescos :( so no banana bread beer for me but on the other hand I did run 8.5km tonight in 52 mins delighted with that considering were I was about 7 weeks ago.

Oh and also got to Molloys and picked up some Hoffbrau Weisse yum yum its tasty stuff along with some bacon fries :D.

Was to late for Tescos :( so no banana bread beer for me but on the other hand I did run 8.5km tonight in 52 mins delighted with that considering were I was about 7 weeks ago.

Oh and also got to Molloys and picked up some Hoffbrau Weisse yum yum its tasty stuff along with some bacon fries :D.

So healthy in the first paragraph.

Destroyed in the second. :pac:

Also, guys, someone tell me how to magically make cuts disappear? New shoes DESTROYED my poor feet last night. I literally cannot walk at the moment as one foot is cut so badly that the entire thing is swollen and throbbing like mad. Feckin' killing me, and I have class tomorrow. :(

Also, enrolling in college tomorrow. :D

Oh I know well, but have left it over a year to get it re-done on it's last fail :)

Stupid insurance void though if not sorted so time to get the finger out and sort it out. Feckin' scam ya ask me!!

It is and it isnt a scam if you ask me in theory its a great idea, but the like oof failing cars due the the lights over the reg plate is a joke or making ten year old cars going once a year is money making because all you have to do is look in the motors section of here and you will see some twenty year old cars better maintained than car three or four years old all depends on the owner.

But it does keep proper deathtrap cars off the road which is it positives. So im half and half in favour and against it :pac:

It is and it isnt a scam if you ask me in theory its a great idea, but the like oof failing cars due the the lights over the reg plate is a joke or making ten year old cars going once a year is money making because all you have to do is look in the motors section of here and you will see some twenty year old cars better maintained than car three or four years old all depends on the owner.

True, the original idea was great for taking mouldy cars off the road alright. But failing cars on uneven lights/partly worn tyres etc and then charge again for a re-test is a joke. Simple things could be let go and just brought to the drivers attention or else allow for a free re-test if you're back with the car within the three weeks.

So a bit of a scam and easy way for making money.

My car isn't far off 20yrs but damned she's a great wee car and never let me down. Only failed on lights last time. They weren't correctly aligned. Easy fix.

So hope goes well tomorrow.

True, the original idea was great for taking mouldy cars off the road alright. But failing cars on uneven lights/partly worn tyres etc and then charge again for a re-test is a joke. Simple things could be let go and just brought to the drivers attention or else allow for a free re-test if you're back with the car within the three weeks.

So a bit of a scam and easy way for making money.

My car isn't far off 20yrs but damned she's a great wee car and never let me down. Only failed on lights last time. They weren't correctly aligned. Easy fix.

So hope goes well tomorrow.

I wholeheartedly agree with you :), I think it also depends on the tester my car on its last nct I spent up to 8 hours cleaning her shes my baby (well until I change it in a few months) but it passed with the tester telling me my lights were slightly off alignment and to get fixed but he gave me a pass.

Best of luck tomorrow :).

You gave him a compliment and fluttered your eyes didn't you!!

Yeah some spots have sound centres but this one is renowned for having a fierce tight arse!

• Advertisement

Also, enrolling in college tomorrow. :D

Whatcha doin'?

Re: the NCT. Tis a scam alright. The idea behind is is fine, but like anything, the Irish don't do it properly and get greedy, and think about how many other ways they can rip us off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement