Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jaysus, I wouldn't fancy either TBH. Very commendable to want to do that, but it's horrific. Kudos.

Yeah, I get that reaction a lot. :pac: But quite often, therapy for rape and abuse victims is sub-par purely because it's such a horrific topic. And with regards to the criminal psych part, well, someone needs to catch them. :pac: So I figure if I have a very keen interest in it, and the abilities, I'll be doing my part in either field to help abuse victims. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thats strange I work with Hungarian twins, and they often talk to Polish, Slovakians etc maybe its different dialects depending on the part you live.

There isn't actually any Polish lads where I work, so they might be able to if any turned up! They're from Budapest and their English is pretty poor actually, so maybe they just never needed to learn any extra languages/travel around much.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    BTW, does anyone know when/where this year's Dublin Tattoo Convention is on? I figure it wouldn't hurt to go there scouting for artists. Do a spot of networking, y'know?

T'was only on in mid-November, so not for a long while yet. Belfast convention is looking cool and is on in May though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

T'was only on in mid-November, so not for a long while yet. Belfast convention is looking cool and is on in May though.
    November, huh? Feck Eirtakon! I think I'll go to this instead! :D Plenty of time to start saving. That said, with all the violence going on up in Belfast over the whole flag malarky, I wouldn't go up there unless I had no choice in the action.
    A shame really as I enjoyed going shopping in Newry. :( Cheap Drimona cheese and Sainsbury's clothing range... *sigh*

In other news, I've decided that instead of getting a tattoo with any money I might get for my birthday, I'm going try and save for my mother to come to Barcelona with myself, aunt and grandmother. She certainly needs a holiday after the last two years of taking care of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There isn't actually any Polish lads where I work, so they might be able to if any turned up! They're from Budapest and their English is pretty poor actually, so maybe they just never needed to learn any extra languages/travel around much.

Yeh the lads I work with really are from the back arse of nowhere think they live in a village on maximum two thousand people say they have people hanging out of them when they go home because they have money and have iphones etc which were they live is unheard of sounds like a mad place.

Hopefully the next Dublin Tattoo convention is good wasn't at this years one but seemed to attract a fair of controversy due to stall prices, empty stalls etc hopefully its better organized.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't sleep so I'm having tea and toast.

To stay on the current topic, I speak nothing but English and have zero apitude for learning languages.

• Advertisement

I had a "tea and toast" day yesterday. About 40 cups of tea and I was about to explode cause of all the white bread at one point. Terrible stuff :p

That's a lot of tea!

I'm being quite healthy as I have wholewheat bread. Although since it's only really being used as soakage for the rum I had earlier, it's probably not that good.

Also I discovered that Morgans and wine gums do not go well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I spend some time in Germany with work. My understanding of German is quite good, but can't speak it very well. I keep meaning to fix that!

I learned French in school too, but is non-existant...

Irish is coming back to me now as my daughter is learning it in school...

must look into that Rosetta Stone thing.... Would love to improve my German.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

15 days working straight , through new years, hangovers(still drunk), doubles, splits....... and my day off is finally here:D:D, and what am i doing.....fúck all:rolleyes:, well going to play football, then probably go to the pub for a few sociables........thats always where it starts:pac:

after i left work tho, it got off to a very bad start:mad: and then got even worse:mad::mad: got not 1 but 2 yes 2 punctures(and it was one front and one back) on my bike in the spaces of 300m, so theres me at the side of the malahide road, changing tubes in that cold. fúck me. so its off to halfords tomorrow:o

Orim wrote: »
    That's a lot of tea!

I'm being quite healthy as I have wholewheat bread. Although since it's only really being used as soakage for the rum I had earlier, it's probably not that good.

Also I discovered that Morgans and wine gums do not go well together.

im the same with coffee in work somedays, think cause its free:pac: but i drink so many somedays, n i get home late n sooooooo wide awake its unreal:eek:, so i then go out for a long run of cycle, to wear myself out:o

• Advertisement

I can't sleep. :( I want to make something hot to drink but the only hot thing I drink is coffee and we've no de-caf left.

First world problems. :(

Rich11 wrote: »
    im the same with coffee in work somedays, think cause its freepacman.gif but i drink so many somedays, n i get home late n sooooooo wide awake its unrealeek.png, so i then go out for a long run of cycle, to wear myself out:o

Been there alright. When I started my current job the canteen we were using was charging a euro for a cup of coffee so I decided I'd get a big thermos and save myself some cash. Big 2 litre job. Brought it in one day and got through the whole lot in two hours. Decided to cut back after that :o
    15 days working straight , through new years, hangovers(still drunk), doubles, splits....... and my day off is finally here:D:D, and what am i doing.....fúck all:rolleyes:, well going to play football, then probably go to the pub for a few sociables........thats always where it starts:pac:

after i left work tho, it got off to a very bad start:mad: and then got even worse:mad::mad: got not 1 but 2 yes 2 punctures(and it was one front and one back) on my bike in the spaces of 300m, so theres me at the side of the malahide road, changing tubes in that cold. fúck me. so its off to halfords tomorrow:o

Ouch that sucks man.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I can't sleep. :( I want to make something hot to drink but the only hot thing I drink is coffee and we've no de-caf left.

First world problems. :(

24hr tescos is down the road;):p

Been there alright. When I started my current job the canteen we were using was charging a euro for a cup of coffee so I decided I'd get a big thermos and save myself some cash. Big 2 litre job. Brought it in one day and got through the whole lot in two hours. Decided to cut back after that :o

Ouch that sucks man.

i just dont learn n keep drinkin so much, think cause i dont get many smoke breaks:o

which 15 days or the punctures:p

I now have coffee and a piece of vegan chocolate cake. Yay. :)

I now have coffee and a piece of vegan chocolate cake. Yay. :)

did u go tescos lol?

which 15 days or the punctures:p

The punctures. Although splits are never fun. There's just not enough time between them to really do anything.

Jesus, I'm bored. I need a new hobby.

The punctures. Although splits are never fun. There's just not enough time between them to really do anything.

Jesus, I'm bored. I need a new hobby.

Try archery. It's amazing fun. :)

Time for me to go to bed, I think. Sorting out college enrollment tomorrow, planning a menu for when I'm cooking dinner for someone in a few weeks, doing some work, and class tomorrow. Busy day, yay. :)

Night guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Halfords :eek:. I wouldnt go to them for anything motor related or bike related all there staff are pretty much clueless, had a fried bring his racer there for a service and had murder with them they fcuked up his bike, im not into my bikes but a lot my friends are and would never bring there bikes there as for cars bring them your car tell them you need to have your bulb changed watch 99% of there staff scratch there head in bewilderment as they look at your car ;). That and plus they rob ya blind :cool:.

Time for work :(, on the bright side my plan of having a few beers worked got about four hours sleep so should survive on that :).

Am I the only one who when ya logon and see a new post in the ill show you mine thread get a little excited to see the new tattoos posted up?

Time for work :(, on the bright side my plan of having a few beers worked got about four hours sleep so should survive on that :).

Am I the only one who when ya logon and see a new post in the ill show you mine thread get a little excited to see the new tattoos posted up?

Yay work :pac: I'll be off soon myself. I'd have such a hard time getting up after 4 hours.

I agree with ya on the thread. Tis always great to see new work.

• Advertisement

Anyone around? I've been crashing for the last little while and I'm feeling a little sick from drinking coffee :P

Anyone around? I've been crashing for the last little while and I'm feeling a little sick from drinking coffee :P

I'm here. :) Running around like a headless chicken, trying to get an appointment sorted with my doctor, get my college application sorted, fill out a CAO for September and get my sister's bags ready because she's having surgery on Thursday and wants me to get stuff ready for her. Stress! Share the coffee? :p

Myy cofffeeee!

Productive day, go you! Hope your sister's alright.

I had to fill out my CAO form last week, great fun :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'm here too. Wait, don't run away! :pac:

Not doing a whole lot. House is cold, fridge is empty. Can't wait to get money tomorrow. :o

What did you opt for? I feel out of my depth doing it. I left college at 17, seven years later I'm doing it all again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

What did you opt for? I feel out of my depth doing it. I left college at 17, seven years later I'm doing it all again!

Sure you're still only a baby FFS! It's not like you're 50! :rolleyes: No bother to ya.

I've keep meaning to go back to college but money prevents me from doing so. And shifts put a damper in any part time efforts. Also the fact that I haven't a clue what I want to do :P

What are you going for?
    I'm here too. Wait, don't run away! :pac:

Not doing a whole lot. House is cold, fridge is empty. Can't wait to get money tomorrow. :o

Typically we're not the ones that run away :pac:

What are you going for?

I have Medicine in all five schools down. I got the leaving cert results for it last year, but didn't do well enough in the admissions test and missed out by 6 points. (I got 731 points, minimum was 737).

Hence, why I'm not in college. But I'm repeating the admissions test thing in about 6 weeks, so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

What did you study originally?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement