Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Ostrich is lovely. Alligator is horrible, seriously tough and chewy, ew.

Kangaroo is my favourite 'weird' meat. It's gorgeous.

I did not like kanaroo at all. Although my mother cooked it and, as much I love her, she is the typical irish mammy chef.

Zebra is one of the greatest things I've ever eaten. Very tasty. Boar is excellent as well, it's a naturally spicy pork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    LMAO :pac:

That is funny about the horse meat, heard about that earlier. But was it horse meat or DNA? I'm nearly sure he back of the packaging would say something like meat derivatives, so thereby covered. Pet food companys get away with filling kibble with utter useless tripe for dogs because it's cheaper, why wouldn't it be done on human food.

Will make people cop on that they should really read their ingredients and understand them a bit more :pac:

In Tesco burgers, according to RTE, they were made of 29% horse meat, not just DNA.

The reason it shouldn't be done on human food is because of traceability issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Emu is pretty good, alligator is so nice, could eat a plate of it.

Possum is just rank, ugh!!

Kangaroo I found a bit tough, buffalo is lovely, a bit "game-y" but if you don't mind that it's superb.

Would LOVE buffalo burger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Were the fook do you lot go to for your butchers? Id love to try all of them.

Emu is pretty good, alligator is so nice, could eat a plate of it.

Possum is just rank, ugh!!

Kangaroo I found a bit tough, buffalo is lovely, a bit "game-y" but if you don't mind that it's superb.

Would LOVE buffalo burger :)

Be honest, they all just tasted like chicken?

• Advertisement

In Tesco burgers, according to RTE, they were made of 29% horse meat, not just DNA.

The reason it shouldn't be done on human food is because of traceability issues.

Oh I'm aware of the reason why it shouldn't be done alright ;). Still think it's quite funny. Would love to know who signed the paper to just through in a horse leg to the mincer :)

29% horse meat is quite a large percentage. Wonder how long they've been getting away with it.

I got a lot of the weird meat I've tried in Superquinn in the past (my local one used to do all sorts :pac: ), but you can try a butchers called FX Buckley's in town, they do unusual meat now and then. :)

Orim wrote: »
    Be honest, they all just tasted like chicken?

Shark tastes like chicken :P

@Marty, afraid it was Oz I had the joys of "sampling" them. There was a cool little stand called the Road Kill Cafe :pac: at the beach in Darwin. They had all sorts of skewers with differant meat on it. Cool idea, got the tourists money anywho :)

But I think ya can get a few speciality butchers in Dub that can source some exotic meat :confused:.

Edit: Lynda mentioned a butchers

Superquinn used to really good for getting unusual meats every so often.

Other then that, any time I've had something different things it's been in a restaurant.

Had the zebra in this bar in camden, http://www.shaka-zulu.com. Absolutely stunning place and they had a couple of unusual things on the menu. Could've had alligator or crocidile but went with the zebra,boar and beef sliders. Was kind of pricey but stunning decor, great food and most importantly a suberb selection of top shelf booze.

That place looks AMAAAAAAAZING!!

Chicken Bunny Chow, NOM!!

Wildebeest, that's just brilliant :)

• Advertisement

It's better then it looks. One of the best places I've ever been.

I'm off anyway, night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

All this talk of meat has me craving a big juicy steak. Ye feckers!
    Right, I'm off to bed for a bit. Got my group session in the morning so I've got an early start. See ye later! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Anyone made a joke about craving some horse meat/ getting a mouthful of horse DNA yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I tried Alligator a few yrs back when i was in the states!! was very rough nd chewy to be fair but they had so much spicy sauce stuff on it i couldn really taste the meat itself! was yummy tho haha

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Everyone I've ever met off the net doubted that, and were proven wrong. Seriously, I'm extremely shy. The only time I'm not shy is when I'm drinking, and I won't be drinking. Ask Marty, I still go shy a LOT when I see him!

Maybe ye just need to fake it :P That's what I do. I used to be really shy, but I've had to just kick myself in the arse, and force myself to walk up to someone and say hello. Then confidence grows and it's not so hard to do next time. It can be nearly harder to do with someone you've spoken to online cos there's a preconception of what the situation will be like and the pressure is on you to be the same way as you are online. I'd like to think I'm not much different IRL, I dunno though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

DO IT!!!!!!!!

Pffft, I will not! Can you imagine?? Actually, don't! hahaha
    Hell, if worst comes to worst we can all just sit in the pub posting in here about what a great night we're having. Everyone has smartphones right?

No. :o Herself has I suppose. I could use that. :D
    Say this'd be a good group alright to have a few drinks with.

Well if they're as fun and outgoing as they are in here, then yeah - it'll be a fun night.
    Though might start to look weird as skin gets flashed showing off tattoos, doubt that's happened at a boards beers before :)

True. But my better ones are on my back and I don't think it'd be a pretty sight for me to remove my t-shirt in a bar. EWW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

True. But my better ones are on my back and I don't think it'd be a pretty sight for me to remove my t-shirt in a bar. EWW! :pac:
    Better you than me mate!

Quiet today.

I just splashed hot oil on my hand :( If anyone wants to get me a deep fat fryer it would be appreciated :pac:

I want to try that lovely looking recipe for buttermilk fried chicken in the Cookery Club but I have no chicken boobs. :(
    Got the spices alright but no boobs. Damnation.

Boxing class tonight. Absolutely dreading it, my triceps and my core are killing me still from Monday's class. :pac:

That said, I'm in a rotten mood due to a freaky stalker guy who I rejected 6 months ago deciding to start stalking me again, so I might punch all the anger out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Quiet today.

I just splashed hot oil on my hand :( If anyone wants to get me a deep fat fryer it would be appreciated :pac:

My own one packed up last week.Eating a lot healthier since!!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    My own one packed up last week.Eating a lot healthier since!!!

Like just shallow frying everything? :P
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I want to try that lovely looking recipe for buttermilk fried chicken in the Cookery Club but I have no chicken boobs. frown.png
    Got the spices alright but no boobs. Damnation.

That sounds good. I neve tend to make stuff to recipes, I just follow the theory that if you put things together that you like then it will wind up good.

Tonight, I've made what I've dubbed as Mace Shrimdu chicken. Deep fried chicken and shrimp with a nice tomato and pepper sauce.

Ooo, nice take on the surf and turf, Orim. Granted, I'm not the biggest lover of prawns but I enjoy the odd bit of dressed crabmeat from time to time. :) Might be going to see Django Unchained on Friday in the Odeon. I won two free cinema vouchers so I'm taking one of my besties as a treat. Hope it's good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was out buying the whole of Ikea. MEATBALLS!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never been to an ikea, but I like to imagine that every store has their own little Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Denny M wrote: »
    I've never been to an ikea, but I like to imagine that every store has their own little Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

236604.JPG

SO fúcking happy. Boxing went amaaaaaaazing tonight. The trainers both commented more than once on how well I did and how much I've improved. They even high fived me, they never ever do that, haha. Seriously delighted. In pieces physically, can barely move, but omfg that was such a fantastic class. :D:D:D

SO fúcking happy. Boxing went amaaaaaaazing tonight. The trainers both commented more than once on how well I did and how much I've improved. They even high fived me, they never ever do that, haha. Seriously delighted. In pieces physically, can barely move, but omfg that was such a fantastic class. :D:D:D

Go you :), I finally hit the 10k mark tonight with less than two weeks to go before Hell and Back still think it will be very hard but feeling I can do it :).

On a side note now that HMV is fooked :(, weres the nearest Tower Records or decent dvd/music shop in town in relation to Skin City does anyone know? Was planning on going to Liffey Valley to pick up to blu rays for myself to watch but eh no point now.

Oh and none of the banana bread beer in Tescos in Clondalkin today :(, so im going to try the Lucan Tescos tomorrow I have to get my hands on a few bottles.

On a side note now that HMV is fooked :(, weres the nearest Tower Records or decent dvd/music shop in town in relation to Skin City does anyone know? Was planningo going to Liffey Valley to pick up to blu rays for myself to watch but eh no point now.

There's a tower records down the road from the HMV on grafton street. IIRC walk from skin city towards the liffey and swing a right, it's just down the road on your left.

• Advertisement

There's a tower records down the road from the HMV on grafton street. IIRC walk from skin city towards the liffey and swing a right, it's just down the road on your left.

Thanking you, I really am useless when it comes to towns I know pubs and tattoo studios because other than that im never in town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement