Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My other favourite alien film is.... Mars Attacks

While I get why people like this film, I can say hand on heart I despise that film. Howard the Duck and Independence Day its all good :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My other favourite alien film is.... Mars Attacks
    I saw this film first when I was like 8 or so, I loved it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Love Mars Attacks. It's just silly.

I made a mistake and went to the shops while hungry. May have gone overboard on the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Never good grocery shopping when hungry. So much crap just jumps into the basket, unreal how it happens. It's a conspiracy I tells you!!

Ohh, should of had a right lazy day and added Species to your dvd marathon :)

Think I shall watch the millenium series now I've finished reading the books. Hope Girl with a Dragon Tattoo lives up to my expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I watched all the Millenium films, thought they were great! Confusing if you haven't read the books I would imagine, they leave a lot out and change things. But they are good for what they are I thought.

Except in the films Mikael is not slutty enough!!

• Advertisement

I look forward to it then :)

Always wary of movies from books, nearly always a let down. Hard to cram in so much detail and information from a novel into a 90min film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Always wary of movies from books, nearly always a let down. Hard to cram in so much detail and information from a novel into a 90min film.

Yep. I don't read normally, but I read The Hellbound Heart recently. The Hellraiser movie was based on it, and while there was similarities, there was a lot of differences too. So I've decided not to read any more! :pac:

I go through spells of reading but when I do read I pretty much just read through crime novels my three favorites of late been The Westies ( not the ones from Dublin the famous one from New York), Killing Pablo, Pablo Escobar sure was some character and led some life and This is for the Mara Salvatrucha a brilliant but tough read based on one girls story in the MS13 .

Of the millenium series never read the books but have seen the the first of both series of films and I prefer the Swedish version myself.

Turn on Sky Action and after everyone banging on about Independence Day today bang there it is sorted :D.

Turn on Sky Action and after everyone banging on about Independence Day today bang there it is sorted :D.

LOL. Good timing. Well, as there's nothing on, I stuck on Air Force One. Thank Jebus for Netflix! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

First night in college done. Massive assignment to do, another smaller assignment to do, and a headache. Wahey! :)

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    First night in college done. Massive assignment to do, another smaller assignment to do, and a headache. Wahey! :)

Nice one, and were the nerves justified?

Nice one, and were the nerves justified?

Yes! It's even more difficult than I was expecting. :pac: That's just 'cause it's so bloody long since I was in education, though. I'll fly through it once I get started. :)

That's just 'cause it's so bloody long since I was in education, though. I'll fly through it once I get started. :)

Ah you're only a young one, you'll adapt. Me on the other hand - well, we used the abacus when I was in school last!! :pac: I'd be rightly fucked.

Ah you're only a young one, you'll adapt. Me on the other hand - well, we used the abacus when I was in school last!! :pac: I'd be rightly fucked.

We used an abacus when I was in Junior and Senior Infants. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

whats an abacus:pac:
    i kinda miss school love to go back for a day just for the craic thats it:)

soooooo another day another puncture this time on my car:mad:, noticed when i got out of tescos, and said a few choice words and got look for a woman with a kid:o

gonna start getting the dart to work if this keeps up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I miss college sooo much. Made up a few jobs applications today and just doing that exhausted me :pac: Maybe I should do give up and look into PHDs, I miss the life of procrastination.

In the process of looking into masters/phds/research opportunities myself. Exhausting work!!

Sad how little work is in this country.

Aren't we a well educated bunch in here :), I never done the college thing but did have fun in Bolton St D.I.T in the year I was in there as part the apprenticeship, spent that majority of time in the pub:).

Haven't seen Air Force One in a long time hows it holding up after the years? Wouldn't mind viewing it now.

Haven't seen Air Force One in a long time hows it holding up after the years? Wouldn't mind viewing it now.

Pretty decent. Ford is good as the President, but Gary Oldman is class as a Russian terrorist!

Aren't we a well educated bunch in here :), I never done the college thing but did have fun in Bolton St D.I.T in the year I was in there as part the apprenticeship, spent that majority of time in the pub:).

I spent most of my time in DCU in the pub, tbh. Still managed to get straight As, despite only going to the absolutely mandatory tutorials and labs, and never checking my notes online. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pretty decent. Ford is good as the President, but Gary Oldman is class as a Russian terrorist!

I really need to get myself a copy of it, I completely forgot Gary Oldman was even in this :o.
    I spent most of my time in DCU in the pub, tbh. Still managed to get straight As, despite only going to the absolutely mandatory tutorials and labs, and never checking my notes online. :pac:

Yeh we often went for lunch in Bodkins pub across the road two or three pints later it would be screw going back docked a half days pay, spending a fortune and falling out the pub at closing time, was good craic.

Bumped into one the lads a while back in town hes now a junkie was sad to see.

I really need to get myself a copy of it, I completely forgot Gary Oldman was even in this :o.

Tut,tut, tut....the shame. :P

Bummer. Had a similar experience once with a guy I knew who had a massive win on the lotto. He left his wife, bought himself a sports car, bought a shop and went on a bender. He disappeared and I seen him 3 years later, on O'Connell Street bridge with a paper cup in his hand. I almost felt sorry for him....almost.

Poor guy. That's a sad state of affairs to find yourself in that position.

Speaking of old cheesy movies.....surprised no-ones mentioned Police Academy :)

Classic cheese!!! :D Steve Guttenburg hitting on Kim Catrall was priceless. "The thighs Thompson, the thighs" :pac:

Bummer. Had a similar experience once with a guy I knew who had a massive win on the lotto. He left his wife, bought himself a sports car, bought a shop and went on a bender. He disappeared and I seen him 3 years later, on O'Connell Street bridge with a paper cup in his hand. I almost felt sorry for him....almost.

Jesus thats some rags to riches story :eek:
    Poor guy. That's a sad state of affairs to find yourself in that position.

Yehs it a sad state of affairs alright but I have to say some people I known in that state deserved sympathy other haven't but either way I wouldn't wish that exsistance upon anyone.

:pac: Love Police Academy, wasn't one character in the first four you couldnt love. With Sgt Callahan even as kid I was mesmerized by her even though I didnt know why at the time :pac:.

Jesus thats some rags to riches story :eek:

Aye, sad but true. His own fault though. He had it all and pissed it away. Greed and alcohol destroyed him.

:pac: Love Police Academy, wasn't one character in the first four you couldnt love. With Sgt Callahan even as kid I was mesmerized by her even though I didnt know why at the time :pac:.

Yeah right! Twin airbags had nothing to do with it! :rolleyes: :pac:

Jones and Hightower were my favourites. Next to Thackleberry of course. And who could forget The Blue Oyster.

That's really sad. :( Saw it happen to a friend of mine back when I was 17, he was 22 and had been smoking weed for years, as ya do. When his fiancee cheated on him, he went off the rails. Started doing coke and acid recreationally (as ya do, I've done it myself sure), but that wasn't enough to make him forget her, so he moved to crack and heroin after a few months. Spent 4 years addicted to the stuff, in and out of prison for violent crime and theft offences. Luckily, he turned his life around and is training to be a drug addiction counsellor now, I still see him around every now and then and always have a chat, it's lovely to see someone get out of it, very rare though.

Yeah right! Twin airbags had nothing to do with it! :rolleyes: :pac:

Jones and Hightower were my favourites. Next to Thackleberry of course. And who could forget The Blue Oyster.

Hey I was a kid I didn't understand why I found her mesmerizing at the time ;) but im sure the twin airbags she possessed played some part in it alright :pac:.

Yeh Jones, Hightower, Thackleberry and also loved Sweetchuck when he came into it.

Love this scene

That's really sad. :( Saw it happen to a friend of mine back when I was 17, he was 22 and had been smoking weed for years, as ya do. When his fiancee cheated on him, he went off the rails. Started doing coke and acid recreationally (as ya do, I've done it myself sure), but that wasn't enough to make him forget her, so he moved to crack and heroin after a few months. Spent 4 years addicted to the stuff, in and out of prison for violent crime and theft offences. Luckily, he turned his life around and is training to be a drug addiction counsellor now, I still see him around every now and then and always have a chat, it's lovely to see someone get out of it, very rare though.

Fair play to him really, sadly them kinda cases are very rare anyone Ive ever known thats gone down that path has never managed to turn it around or make a good life for themselves, and going to prison never helps always seem to make them worse. But nice to read a story about someone who not only turns it around but is trying to be a positive influence on others who find themselves in similar situations.

• Advertisement

Fair play to him really, sadly them kinda cases are very rare anyone Ive ever known thats gone down that path has never managed to turn it around or make a good life for themselves, and going to prison never helps always seem to make them worse. But nice to read a story about someone who not only turns it around but is trying to be a positive influence on others who find themselves in similar situations.

Yeah, it's really rare, I'm surprised he managed it tbh. I always remember him teaching me to roll joints when I was 15, so that when he and the lads were too baked to roll, I could do it for them because I didn't smoke. :pac:

I've obviously never tried gear, but it must seriously fúck you up. I cut contact with him while he was an addict, because he threatened to stab me (and was sincere about it!), but he can't remember anything about his time as a junkie. He contacted me 6 months after he got clean to apologise for 'whatever I did to you because I know I must have done something for you to cut contact with me and I never meant to hurt you but I can't remember.' It's nice now though. He's doing great for himself and is back to his old self, acting like a protective big brother to me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement