Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Bummer. Had a similar experience once with a guy I knew who had a massive win on the lotto. He left his wife, bought himself a sports car, bought a shop and went on a bender. He disappeared and I seen him 3 years later, on O'Connell Street bridge with a paper cup in his hand. I almost felt sorry for him....almost.

Wow, talk about mixing the good with the bad :eek:

Some people just don't know what to do with money when they have it. Poor impulse control/will power by him it seems. People don't get to stay at the top by p!ssing it all away :(

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I've obviously never tried gear, but it must seriously fúck you up. I cut contact with him while he was an addict, because he threatened to stab me (and was sincere about it!), but he can't remember anything about his time as a junkie. He contacted me 6 months after he got clean to apologise for 'whatever I did to you because I know I must have done something for you to cut contact with me and I never meant to hurt you but I can't remember.' It's nice now though. He's doing great for himself and is back to his old self, acting like a protective big brother to me. :)

Jeez fair play to him, takes a lot of dedication to make the full walk back up the road. Can't have been easy for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Wow, talk about mixing the good with the bad :eek:

Some people just don't know what to do with money when they have it. Poor impulse control/will power by him it seems. People don't get to stay at the top by p!ssing it all away :(

Yep. And the worst part was walking out on his wife and kids. Just cos he had money!!?? FFS! In a way - karma got him.

Yep. And the worst part was walking out on his wife and kids. Just cos he had money!!?? FFS! In a way - karma got him.

Meh, sounds like the wife and kids were better off without him if that was his way :rolleyes:

Meh, sounds like the wife and kids were better off without him if that was his way :rolleyes:

Yeah, he was a piss head anyway, gave them nothing but abuse. So yeah, they were MUCH better off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I love this thread :), it has to be the most random thread it can go from tattoos, alcohol, films,music, serious issues such as junkies, day to day stuff and even after all that never any heated arguments :D:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I love this thread :), it has to be the most random thread it can go from tattoos, alcohol, films,music, serious issues such as junkies, day to day stuff and even after all that never any heated arguments :D:cool:.

Yeah this is probably the coolest social thread I've used on boards. Probably why it's the only one I really use regularly anymore. :pac:

Honestly this is really one of the more level headed threads on boards :)

Followed it for awhile before posting waiting for something to rear its ugly head, but nope, not here :)

Even the same advice that's given out every week isn't thrown out in CAPS in a wearisome manner. Some other forums could take a bit of heed from that!!

Well said that man. And yeah, no bitching! :D
    Yeah this is probably the coolest social thread I've used on boards. Probably why it's the only one I really use regularly anymore. :pac:

Really? Awwww....so you like it here? :cool:

Yeah, he was a piss head anyway, gave them nothing but abuse. So yeah, they were MUCH better off.

Whatever about being a pisshead thats doing yourself damage, but being abusive towards kids and women is just unforgivable really.

• Advertisement

Really? Awwww....so you like it here? :cool:

Well, except when you're here. You kind of kill the buzz.

*runs*

Whatever about being a pisshead thats doing yourself damage, but being abusive towards kids and women is just unforgivable really.

I have zero tolerance for that. I fucking HATE bullies! :mad: :mad:

Yeh I mostly post here, films and motors in periods and the soccer forum compare this to the soccer forum its like two different worlds there rows in there every five seconds its can get heated.

Well, except when you're here. You kind of kill the buzz.

*runs*

Cheeky bitch!! :eek: Little apples girlie, little apples! :P :pac:
    Yeh I mostly post here, films and motors in periods and the soccer forum compare this to the soccer forum its like two different worlds there rows in there every five seconds its can get heated.

I didn't post here that much either. Like Foxy Vixen, I was watching. I did post in other forums but it's gotten out of hand now (for different reasons) and I don't bother so much. So I spend most of my time here. (When not posting/moderating on other sites.)

should we start "waving" at the new lurkers and invite them in to get them to start posting :)

Cheeky bitch!! :eek: Little apples girlie, little apples! :P :pac:

I didn't post here that much either. Like Foxy Vixen, I was watching. I did post in other forums but it's gotten out of hand now (for different reasons) and I don't bother so much. So I spend most of my time here. (When not posting/moderating on other sites.)

You love me really. :p

I jumped pretty much straight in, tbh. I started by posting an intro in the intro thread, followed by a tatt pic in the show me yours thread, followed a few days later by Marty finding me on another site from that tattoo pic, he was lovely and sweet, so I decided to post in here. AND I WAS HORRIFIED. :pac:

should we start "waving" at the new lurkers and invite them in to get them to start posting :)

Good idea. How do we do that? You go lure them in! :D :pac: :P
    You love me really.

Ah you're not the worst! LOL
    ...followed a few days later by Marty finding me on another site from that tattoo pic, he was lovely and sweet...

aww_how_cute_card-p137918340457885218envwi_400.jpg

Good idea. How do we do that? You go lure them in! :D :pac: :P

I'll set up a live stream and flash any new man, and wave nice shoes at any new woman. I'm sure it'll work. :pac:

I'll set up a live stream and flash any new man, and wave nice shoes at any new woman. I'm sure it'll work. :pac:

Must...not....reply....with....smart....ass....comment....

Must....resist.... :P

*runs like fuck!

Must...not....reply....with....smart....ass....comment....

Must....resist.... :P

*runs like fuck!

I can't wait til you're in the well next. ;)

• Advertisement

I mightn't lure them in but I'm sure Ms Rabbit might work.............

I mightn't lure them in but I'm sure Ms Rabbit might work.............

I know she's not real and all, but I had a complete girl-crush on her as a child, despite being straight. :pac:

In fairness I think the world did :)

Yeh she was in the same bracket as Sgt Callahan in Police Academy used to love to watch her, then came along Pamela Anderson running on the beach she was the one who made it click in the head :pac:.

Love that films though, still looks good even to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Watched Alien last night after all the talk here. Forgot how awesome it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I lurk here a lot, but the thread is too hard to keep up with! Go away for 10 mins and there's about 50 new posts :pac:

In fairness I think the world did :)

Nah, I was a Bob Hoskins man myself!

ymca.gif
    Watched Alien last night after all the talk here. Forgot how awesome it is.

Yeah it is!!! :D
    maximoose wrote: »
    I lurk here a lot, but the thread is too hard to keep up with! Go away for 10 mins and there's about 50 new posts :pac:

Ah you need to stay on top of it. A lot happens in a short space of time! :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That's only when everyone is drunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm the same with big, active threads but with this one I find you can just jump in whenever. Maybe check the last couple of posts to see what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Just got a rejection email from Sky. Owch. That hurt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement