Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just got a rejection email from Sky. Owch. That hurt.

Shít Buzz :(

I hear alcohol is good for these kind of moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Orim wrote: »

Shít Buzz :(

I hear alcohol is good for these kind of moments.
    Dont tempt me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah shiit sorry to hear that :(. Keep the head up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Sorry to hear that Cupcake. You'll find something soon, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Got two PFO's myself this week. Chin up, at least ya know you're not the only one ;)

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Got two PFO's myself this week. Chin up, at least ya know you're not the only one ;)

Moar drink!

At least you're getting responses I spent about a year on the dole and I think in that time I got one rejection email. The rest just didn't bother.

Can be so deflating though and nearly makes ya not bother sending the next one out!!

Been finding it harder since the new year turned. Ya sometimes wonder when will your luck change :)

C'moooooon the lotto :)

Can be so deflating though and nearly makes ya not bother sending the next one out!!

Been finding it harder since the new year turned. Ya sometimes wonder when will your luck change :)

C'moooooon the lotto :)

I know it can be deflating but really have to keep the head up I know people in similar situations and they can become almost deflated to the point were they stop trying and start to accept a life of being broke and living off the dole :(, its hard but got to try keep the chin up. Stupid economy has seen a lot of my friends leave this country:mad: or gone to college to get degrees on the back to eduction.

Im greedy the lotto aint good enough for me I want euro millions :D. If I win free tattoos for all as a prezzie :).

I know it can be deflating but really have to keep the head up I know people in similar situations and they can become almost deflated to the point were they stop trying and start to accept a life of being broke and living off the dole :(, its hard but got to try keep the chin up. Stupid economy has seen a lot of my friends leave this country:mad: or gone to college to get degrees on the back to eduction.

Im greedy the lotto aint good enough for me I want euro millions :D. If I win free tattoos for all as a prezzie :).

Agreed with this 100%. Too many people let it get to them too much. I'm technically unemployed, but I do work here and there on computers when people need me to do it, and I'm going to college, so I'm refusing to allow myself to be broke on the dole. And I'm always looking for a job. :) Just have to stay determined and keep fighting. :)

I want a full leg by Andy Engel!

Aye, I know. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I just started going nuts after a while. Chin up and keep pumping out CVs. Unfortunately, it's all you can do especially since I plan on winning the lotto :P

On the plus side, I'll be opening a bar when I win the lotto so I could sort ye out with jobs.

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I want a full leg by Andy Engel!

If I win the euro millions no problem what so ever :).
    Orim wrote: »
    Aye, I know. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I just started going nuts after a while. Chin up and keep pumping out CVs. Unfortunately, it's all you can do especially since I plan on winning the lotto :P

On the plus side, I'll be opening a bar when I win the lotto so I could sort ye out with jobs.

Well I have a job at the moment so ill pass,but alternatively I would be willing to accept a life time supply of free alcohol in said bar :).

If I win the euro millions no problem what so ever :).

Well I have a job at the moment so ill pass,but alternatively I would be willing to accept a life time supply of free alcohol in said bar :).

I also want it designed by Picasso, so you'll have to figure out how to pay someone enough money to resurrect him. :D

I'll also accept free booze. >.>

I'll also accept free booze. >.>

All the lottos in the world wouldn't be enough to afford that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've been in the job seekers market since last week and I'm already going mad! Looked at the Concern people on the street today and wondered how long till I'm that desperate...

I've been in the job seekers market since last week and I'm already going mad! Looked at the Concern people on the street today and wondered how long till I'm that desperate...

One of my mates did door to door for them for a few months. The rate of pay is crazy. 9 an hour, but for every sign up you get, that's an extra 2 euro per hour for the day. So if you sign 2 people a day, you get 13 euro an hour for that full 10 hour day. :eek:

That said, they fire people constantly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

One my friends works for em, tis quite a well paid job. You may think they're desperate but they are far from it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

One of my mates did door to door for them for a few months. The rate of pay is crazy. 9 an hour, but for every sign up you get, that's an extra 2 euro per hour for the day. So if you sign 2 people a day, you get 13 euro an hour for that full 10 hour day. :eek:

That said, they fire people constantly. :pac:

I know others that have done that kind of work, and were paid on a commission only basis. That, combined with how people hate 'chuggers' makes it a pretty horrible job.

I know others that have done that kind of work, and were paid on a commission only basis. That, combined with how people hate 'chuggers' makes it a pretty horrible job.

Yeah, there's a group called Total Fundraising that a lot of charities outsource their work to, and they pay on a commission only basis. I did it for a week when I was 19 before getting disgusted by it and throwing in the towel. I was hitting my targets for the week but it was a soul destroying job. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That, combined with how people hate 'chuggers' makes it a pretty horrible job.

Was very close to becoming one when I first moved to dub, so glad I didn't. All the rejection and hatred must really be tough.

That said, every single one of them I've spewed hatred at thoroughly deserved it :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    That said, every single one of them I've spewed hatred at thoroughly deserved it :pac:

Never really get the hatred for chuggers. They can be annoying but end of the day they're just trying to get by. I tend to find a no and just keep walking sorts them out. Although some of them can be asses, keep following you and what not but it's never bothered one.

A response I want to try is tell them you're well up for it but you want them to give you their bank details.

One I thing I do hate is the celebrity chefs and their balderdash regarding cooking great meals in 20 mins blah blah blah. Yeah it's done if you don't have to worry about prep or cleaning up or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Having some hassle with Swords Ink regarding a prelim sketch of my tattoo design. It's been two weeks since I put the request in and twice they've told me that they've forgotten it due to being busy. Yesterday I was doing my usual round of dropping in my accumulated tattoo and Bizarre magazines into them and I got talking to Fernando who told me he had the sketch but left it at home. I tried to stay calm and not get annoyed so I gave him my email address and he told me he'd scan it and email it to me.
    So far, I've yet to recievce the damn sketch.
    It's getting ridculous at this stage and I'm at the point where I'm going to just stop dealing with them.

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's getting ridculous at this stage and I'm at the point where I'm going to just stop dealing with them.

That's what I'd do. Haven't done a sketch because they've forgotten about it? Feck off.

Tattooing is different from most businesses but it's a still a business and I would take my custom elsewhere if I was you.

If they're being unprofessional, forget them and go to a more professional studio. No point being tattooed in a place where you're being messed about before even getting tattooed!

Have you put down a deposit yet? Some artists prefer to free hand on the day though rather than commit to anything on paper.

Finally sitting down now, two hours of course work done. Would love some beer or chocolate. What's the bet neither are in the house!!

Oh and watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night, pretty happy with how they did it. Second one tonight :)

Have you put down a deposit yet? Some artists prefer to free hand on the day though rather than commit to anything on paper.

Finally sitting down now, two hours of course work done. Would love some beer or chocolate. What's the bet neither are in the house!!

Oh and watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night, pretty happy with how they did it. Second one tonight :)

Actually yeah, didn't think of that.

Most places won't bother drawing up anything until you've paid a deposit. As they said they were drawing one, I just assumed McChubbin had paid one.

Go to the shop and buy beer and chocolate!

I spent 4 hours today doing assignments. Not completely finished, but I flew through them a lot faster than I was expecting, so I'm pretty happy with myself. After 7 years away from it, I slipped straight back into academia easily enough. :)

I thought about the deposit but I figure if they say they're going to draw it up then they should draw it up. If they want a deposit then they should make that clear, which I get the impression that they didn't.

Good work on the course work. I miss college, love to go back but I don't know how much of the feelings is just from that time period in general.

I'm watching There will be Blood at the moment. I don't get how this film gets so much good press . Day Lewis is fantastic, as he is wont to be, but other then that it's just not that interesting a film. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thankfully I haven't given them any money so I haven't lost out on anything other than my time.
    I'm currently on the look out for a reputable studio and I'm looking at both Skin City and ReINKarnated on Parliment Street but the only bugbear is the money problem. I've decided to wait 'til the end of the year as I want a lot of things but I have no money. :P
    In other news, I've reserved the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Assassin Creed Freedom for the PC. Any good?
    I've never played the AC games before so I'm a bit green around the ears.
    TBH I just wanted the epic statuette of Enzo that came with it. :P

McChubbin wrote: »
    Thankfully I haven't given them any money so I haven't lost out on anything other than my time.
    I'm currently on the look out for a reputable studio and I'm looking at both Skin City and ReINKarnated on Parliment Street but the only bugbear is the money problem. I've decided to wait 'til the end of the year as I want a lot of things but I have no money. :P
    In other news, I've reserved the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Assassin Creed Freedom for the PC. Any good?
    I've never played the AC games before so I'm a bit green around the ears.
    TBH I just wanted the epic statuette of Enzo that came with it. :P

You'd honestly be better off waiting til you have more money and going somewhere like Skin City. I got one of my tattoos done in ReInkarnated and I think they're lovely lads, extremely professional, friendly, polite and they focus on the job. BUT, the work coming out of Skin City is better work at a similar price. Either place would be a good bet, though, can't recommend either place enough :)

Assassin's Creed is awesome. That is all.

I'm in my pj's and a culchie. Shop would cost too much on petrol to get to :p

Fair play going back after 7yrs. Have you changed career paths if you don't mind me asking?

@Orim, mmm, my experience with my tattoo even though I'd given the idea nearly a year ahead, still had 2hrs of sifting through internet images at the shop when I landed. I couldn't be sure, but with the way things are now, people aren't all in secure jobs, so I think the tattooist may have the perspective of having a general ieda where to run in their heads before putting time to paper designing a piece. If the person pulls out due to lack money/job loss/personal reason, that's time the tattooist has lost out on - irregardless of deposit.

I could be way off mind you :D But to me it makes perfectly good buisness sense to run it like that.

• Advertisement

Oh and yeah, seen that movie too and was expecting so much more since Daniel Day Lewis was in it. Not much to it other than his acting skills. Storyline was a bit "meh" and all :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement