Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I'm in my pj's and a culchie. Shop would cost too much on petrol to get to :p

Fair play going back after 7yrs. Have you changed career paths if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't had a set career path before now. I had to drop out of college in 2006 due to illness, and couldn't afford to go back for several years because my mother became severely disabled so I had to be her carer for a few years. So I've spent the last 5 years working in retail and retail management. So now it's back to education to get to where I want to be. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I haven't had a set career path before now. I had to drop out of college in 2006 due to illness, and couldn't afford to go back for several years because my mother became severely disabled so I had to be her carer for a few years. So I've spent the last 5 years working in retail and retail management. So now it's back to education to get to where I want to be. :)

Jeez, when it rains it pours eh?!

Hope both ye are doing better now. Least ya dropped out and don't have to pay an extortionate amount going back like you would if you'd got the degree ;)

Jeez, when it rains it pours eh?!

Hope both ye are doing better now. Least ya dropped out and don't have to pay an extortionate amount going back like you would if you'd got the degree ;)

Ah, shít happens! Took 6 years to get my own health back on track (only considered to be recovered for the past 6 months, actually, with a chance of relapsing!), but all is good. My mother is disabled for life now, but can look after herself, thankfully. :)

I have to pay a fortune for first year, full fees. But the mammy and daddy offered to cover it without wanting a cent of it back. :cool: That said, I'll probably work full time and go to night school for my degree, I don't fancy being a broke student!

Fingers crossed on no relapse then. Plenty of vitamins and veggies on your dinner plate ;)

Sounds like a supporting family ya have. Always good to have when climbing back on the ladder ;). Was thrown out of the workforce myself for a few years and only getting back in the game now ;) Always good having the support ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The Christmas tree is coming down :( I'm very sad.

I need a job soon to pay off all my student loans. Paid for college myself, my parents are supportive but weren't able to help financially :)

• Advertisement

I'm out of mixer :(

Can I ask why is the tree still up this late into January :)

No drink this end, but tucking into some yummy sweeties very similiar to this basket :D

http://www.chewbz.com/Sweetshop-Hamper.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm out of mixer :(

I have loads :pac:
    Can I ask why is the tree still up this late into January smile.png

No drink this end, but tucking into some yummy sweeties very similiar to this basket biggrin.png

http://www.chewbz.com/Sweetshop-Hamper.html

That looks delish :( Reminds me I was in the shops earlier and I was thinking how cruel it is to have all the sweets and chocolates beside where you have to queue :(

Houseworks all done and breakfast and lunch are all ready for tomorrow. Watching enemy of the state at the moment. Fun but silly film.

The tree was up cause it saddens me to take it down.

I made a weird mixer from double concentrate squash. It's odd. I like kitting and drinking though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Can I ask why is the tree still up this late into January :)

No drink this end, but tucking into some yummy sweeties very similiar to this basket :D

http://www.chewbz.com/Sweetshop-Hamper.html[/QUOTE]

yeah might aswell av left it up sure its only 337 day till xmas after all:pac:

could be getting my half sleeve started tomorrow not sure yet.....:confused:getting a guardian angel on the front of my forearm to link in with the cross i got...

• Advertisement

Massive headache. :( I've had it for three days, and no idea why. Usually I can just ignore headaches, but it's really bad today. :(

Boo-urns.

The tree was up cause it saddens me to take it down.

I made a weird mixer from double concentrate squash. It's odd. I like kitting and drinking though biggrin.png

Weird mixers are the best :D

Drinking and knitting seems like an unusual combo. I can see it working though. Would be awesome in a nice old pub with an open fire.
    Rich11 wrote: »
    could be getting my half sleeve started tomorrow not sure yet.....:confused:getting a guardian angel on the front of my forearm to link in with the cross i got...

How are you not sure yet? Seems like something you should know :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    Weird mixers are the best :D

Drinking and knitting seems like an unusual combo. I can see it working though. Would be awesome in a nice old pub with an open fire.

How are you not sure yet? Seems like something you should know :pac:

i know:rolleyes::( had it booked for tomorrow since last week, cause i was supposed to be off, but we're down a man in work atm so its long weeks till we get a short term replacement, and seen the people we have had in on trials so far it could be a while:pac:, so texted him this morning sayin il let him know first thing in the morning if il get it done and go into work later which is not a prob. or put it off for a while which he doesnt seem to mind..................... too much:pac:

i know:rolleyes::( had it booked for tomorrow since last week, cause i was supposed to be off, but we're down a man in work atm so its long weeks till we get a short term replacement, and seen the people we have had in on trials so far it could be a while:pac:, so texted him this morning sayin il let him know first thing in the morning if il get it done and go into work later which is not a prob. or put it off for a while which he doesnt seem to mind..................... too much:pac:

Ah stress, hopefully it'll work out for you.

Ah stress, hopefully it'll work out for you.

hope so, but i was told in an e-mail that me leaving that job for the next while is out of the question:(

but workin 6/7 days in january and its not busy so cant really complain:D

but was so lookin forward to getting my tattoo done, mite even get a bigger tat, with the extra funds:)

but was so lookin forward to getting my tattoo done, mite even get a bigger tat, with the extra funds:)

Now there's a plan :D

Although is your current plan to have a half sleeve on the forearm? Seems unusual. Like the sound of it though, will look forward to pics if you ever get it done :P

Now there's a plan :D

Although is your current plan to have a half sleeve on the forearm? Seems unusual. Like the sound of it though, will look forward to pics if you ever get it done :P

yep, hopefully soon enoug....whenever that will be:rolleyes: but the beers, which i think im going too, are in less than 3 weeks by my counting, yes its not far away, so should have it done by then:)

but if i dont the extra funds will go on boooooooooze:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oh and yeah, seen that movie too and was expecting so much more since Daniel Day Lewis was in it. Not much to it other than his acting skills. Storyline was a bit "meh" and all :confused:

Im with yeh on that one I expected so much from There Will Be Blood after hearing all the rave reviews, Yes Day Lewis was brilliant as always but I found myselfincredibly bored by it and kept watching okay its leading somewhere something must happen three hours later boom over well that was a waste of time :cool:.

On a seperate note my night sucked was in work just in the door getting changed into the work gear get a phone call were all going the pub for my mates first night out home and im stuck in work :(:mad: was raging. Anyways im off to sleep work done for now no more work for 6 days :).

god, i hate being outside this early. thank god i get free net on my phone, cause i have no music on my new phone yet. how is everyone this morning? sweet dreams, Marty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

back to work this morning after 10 days off!! jesus im depressed haha

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    god, i hate being outside this early. thank god i get free net on my phone, cause i have no music on my new phone yet. how is everyone this morning? sweet dreams, Marty!

I very nearly got out of bed on time this morning. Quite proud of myself for that.

I hate not having music when I'm out and about. Although my headphones broke the other day so I only have one side working at the moment, which is especially bad as a lot of what I have on my phone at the moment uses stereo for effect, so every so often I'll have no sound or just hear the drums, etc.
    gregers85 wrote: »
    back to work this morning after 10 days off!! jesus im depressed haha

I don't generally mind the first day back. It's kind of like the first day back at school. Easing yourself back in and having a laugh with people you haven't seen in a while. It's the second day back is the bad one.

I don't generally mind the first day back. It's kind of like the first day back at school. Easing yourself back in and having a laugh with people you haven't seen in a while. It's the second day back is the bad one.

I work in a call centre and have been gettin abused by customers all morning since I came back haha the way the layout is here Im sittin in a corner on my own! so i wont get any craic with the lads till tea break haha ah once i get back in the swing of things I'll be good to go :p

gregers85 wrote: »
    I work in a call centre and have been gettin abused by customers all morning since I came back haha the way the layout is here Im sittin in a corner on my own! so i wont get any craic with the lads till tea break haha ah once i get back in the swing of things I'll be good to go :p

That sucks, I work in a call centre myself and we'd never set up so someone was stuck on their own. It's a bad enough job without it. Ah well at least you've got the internet to keep you company.

Did you do much for your days off?

That sucks, I work in a call centre myself and we'd never set up so someone was stuck on their own. It's a bad enough job without it. Ah well at least you've got the internet to keep you company.

Did you do much for your days off?

I'm a senior agent and I do a lot of manager work nd stuff like that so they have me siting where the other TLs sit (even tho im not one myself!) sort of next in line kind of thing! i dont mind doing the extra work coz it gets me off the line for a few hrs every day!! but it a disaster in off time - no one to chat to really and they blocked facebook 2 weeks ago grrr hahaha

Im doing a course in quality management in the evenings and had my exams so took week off to study! exams went pretty good thank fook haha! other then that i sat on my Ass and watched TV haha started watching Curb your enthusiasm! Funny stuff! Im hooked!!

Ah Curb, what a great show. Larry David is just brilliant.

Congrats on the exams, glad it went well.

Ah Curb, what a great show. Larry David is just brilliant.

Congrats on the exams, glad it went well.

Cheers mate!!

Yeh its brilliant! I dont know know how it slipped my Radar before haha worst part is he kinda reminds me of me a lot of the times haha Im deadly for speaking with out thinkin and putting my foot in it haha :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I did call centre work myself, found it pure hell so I don't envy you!

It'd be a bad day if my phone rings once a day now though, tis great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jenizzle wrote: »
    It'd be a bad day if my phone rings once a day now though, tis great :D

Sometimes I like you Jen. This is not one of these times. ¬_¬

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Sometimes I like you Jen. This is not one of these times. ¬_¬

*snuggles* :P

• Advertisement

The lack of Christmas tree had allowed me to turn the room into my own dance studio!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement