Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

jenizzle wrote: »
    So how the feck is everyone in here? Damo, are ye still aliiiiive?!

Oh he is alive and well! Have you seen his new tattoo? Looking good

tumblr_luv8tx9oAf1qasthro1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh he is alive and well! Have you seen his new tattoo? Looking good

tumblr_luv8tx9oAf1qasthro1_500.jpg

Your hotlinking joke attempt failed... :D

Yeah I'm very much still alive and well, but no new tattoos sadly. :( I've got mad itch for new ink though, that's gonna be painful come the tattoo convention!!!

How's young Jen? :)

Your hotlinking joke attempt failed... :D

Yeah I'm very much still alive and well, but no new tattoos sadly. :( I've got mad itch for new ink though, that's gonna be painful come the tattoo convention!!!

It was working last night!!!

Here it is :)

twilight-tattoo-fat-thigh.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm alrighty!

RE yer icon, shouldn't "all your webs ARE belong to him"?

It was working last night!!!

Here it is :)
    Sweet jebus that is almost as bad as the movies!
    I'm alrighty!

RE yer icon, shouldn't "all your webs ARE belong to him"?
    Shup pedantic pants, I know it should, but didn't wanna make the text smaller to fit that in, as it'd be pretty illegible then!
    Well spotted though. NEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDD! ;):p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Booked next Wednesday off to get my newest tattoo done, can't wait already.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Shup pedantic pants, I know it should, but didn't wanna make the text smaller to fit that in, as it'd be pretty illegible then!
    Well spotted though. NEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDD! ;):p :pac:

I <3 being a nerd :D

I <3 being a nerd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

going to Naas tomorrow to get my fourth, will post pics of them all when its healed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Booked next Wednesday off to get my newest tattoo done, can't wait already.

Whatcha gettin' done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Whatcha gettin' done?

Getting a dragon on my calf, I'll have the picture up on Wednesday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop watching Miami Ink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Melion wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop watching Miami Ink

Mate im afraid i have never watched an episode of that in my life so im not really sure what you mean by that comment :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop watching Miami Ink

Would that be the same Miami Ink you wanted to go to?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055151496?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

lulz you dug up a post from 5 years ago??? lulz!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Arawn wrote: »
    lulz you dug up a post from 5 years ago??? lulz!!!!
    lulz no I didn't dig up a post from five years ago. I was contacted by the poster about rehoming a pitbull a while back and checked his posts to make sure I wasn't giving the dog to someone who was going to mistreat it, that's when I came accross it. I thought it was a bit ironic that he was mocking peoples tattoo choices by referencing something that he himself showed an interest it a while back. I wouldn't dream of mocking somebody elses choices, everybody has different tastes.
    Eta it's also against the forum rules to slag other peoples tattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I was in favour of allowing chat in the new 'I'll show you mine' thread....................think I've just changed my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah no chat in the thread, can't we use elbow's template idea?

And aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Melion ;)

LucyLouLou wrote: »
    Would that be the same Miami Ink you wanted to go to?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055151496?page=1

5 years ago before i saw sense and had my mind opened to proper tattooing :confused:

• Advertisement

5 years ago before i saw sense and had my mind opened to proper tattooing :confused:

Oh right and my body art is not proper as it has meaning behind it? Just really interested to understand what you meant by your comment?

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Oh right and my body art is not proper as it has meaning behind it? Just really interested to understand what you meant by your comment?

That not all tattoos have to have meaning.
    I can never understand how or why people try to attach meaning to a certain tattoo they have got.

I can never understand how or why people try to attach meaning to a certain tattoo they have got.
    They may have gotten the tattoo in the first place because the idea behind it means something specific to them.
    Certainly not a reason to look down on people.

Fair enough. But if i am going to deface my body for a life time it needs to be for something that means something to me and something that i will never tire of as a tattoo is there for life in my opinion. I would never dream of getting something silly on a whim. Maybe if people thought about their body art then less people would regret them as i know a few people who do regret their body art. Why? Because it means nothing to them and they did it for a laugh. I have said all i need to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Fair enough. But if i am going to deface my body for a life time it needs to be for something that means something to me and something that i will never tire of as a tattoo is there for life in my opinion. I would never dream of getting something silly on a whim. Maybe if people thought about their body art then less people would regret them as i know a few people who do regret their body art. Why? Because it means nothing to them and they did it for a laugh. I have said all i need to say on the matter.

I really hate that word used in relation to tattoo's, such negative connotations. Imo, it's not defacing, it's modifying.

I really hate that word used in relation to tattoo's, such negative connotations. Imo, it's not defacing, it's modifying.

Defacing, body graffiti, modifying call it whatever you like just make sure whoever is doing doesnt it colour outside the lines and does a good job. Nothing worse than when you used to share your colouring books when you were younger and your mates used to wreck them!

Defacing, body graffiti, modifying call it whatever you like just make sure whoever is doing doesnt it colour outside the lines and does a good job. Nothing worse than when you used to share your colouring books when you were younger and your mates used to wreck them!
    not_sure_if_serious.jpg?w=600

I've yet to come across anybody who's actually into ink that asks that question " whats the meaning behind that"

Arawn wrote: »
    I've yet to come across anybody who's actually into ink that asks that question " whats the meaning behind that"

Isn't that just a rephrase of "Where did you get the idea from?" Some people get a tattoo just because they like the design, some get it because of that and it symbolises something. I wouldn't really ask someone if it has a meaning, that's pretty personal and not always applicable but if they wanna share that's nice. If you have a major event in your life why not get a tattoo for it? Not saying every tattoo has to have a meaning, but no harm if they do.

A friend of mine got a tattoo the other day for her recovery from eating disorders, which has huge meaning behind it for her.

• Advertisement

Isn't that just a rephrase of "Where did you get the idea from?" Some people get a tattoo just because they like the design, some get it because of that and it symbolises something. I wouldn't really ask someone if it has a meaning, that's pretty personal and not always applicable but if they wanna share that's nice. If you have a major event in your life why not get a tattoo for it? Not saying every tattoo has to have a meaning, but no harm if they do.

A friend of mine got a tattoo the other day for her recovery from eating disorders, which has huge meaning behind it for her.
    never had that, all i get asked is who did that for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement