Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I can confirm cake is delicious, I really should be sleeping since im up at 8:30 but cant put the cakes down tooo niiiccee on my fifth now ill be up all night on a sugar buzz who needs alcohol what :).

Whats this Archer thing all about? Ive never even heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    He's driving, give him a few minutes! :pac: He dropped me home and lives a good bit away from me. :pac:

Hmm, she's posting it express from Canada, huh? :p

Um... no? She's taking it back up with her from home to where we live in Dublin... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I can confirm cake is delicious, I really should be sleeping since im up at 8:30 but cant put the cakes down tooo niiiccee on my fifth now ill be up all night on a sugar buzz who needs alcohol what :).

Whats this Archer thing all about? Ive never even heard of it.

You told me you were on number 3! You're not gonna sleep tonight. :pac:

Damo, I thought PP lived in Canada? Wat? :confused:

Nah, she was there for a year studying, and is home again since mid December.

Nah, she was there for a year studying, and is home again since mid December.

It all makes sense to me now!

Enjoy your cake, so! :D

• Advertisement

I have now put the box down for my own safety otherwise ill be running around the house like a coke addict burning the ears of anything that moves.

Damo save us all a bit ill even give ya one of Esoterics cakes so we can sample both :D.

Enjoy your cake, so! :D

Assuming she doesn't try to poison me, I'm sure I will! :pac:
    Damo save us all a bit ill even give ya one of Esoterics cakes so we can sample both :D.

Swapsies!

I have now put the box down for my own safety otherwise ill be running around the house like a coke addict burning the ears of anything that moves.

I know exactly how much sugar I made those things with. How are you not gone into hypoglycemic shock?!

I'll make Damo his own so he can keep the other cake too.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bleh. I've to go to a Christening next month and I've feck all to wear other than a black dress with little white sugar skulls on it. *I* like it but methinks it wouldn't be appropriate attire for a church. I REALLY don't want to go shopping and spend money I barely have but it looks like I might be pressured into it. :( Also, my new boots are barely 8 weeks old and although I can find no visable holes in the leather, they are FAR from waterproof. Also have no idea what to get as a Christening gift. I'm thinking a disposable camera and a fancy photo album or maybe some Mothercare vouchers. Mrrrgh. I dunno...

McChubbin wrote: »
    Bleh. I've to go to a Christening next month and I've feck all to wear other than a black dress with little white sugar skulls on it. *I* like it but methinks it wouldn't be appropriate attire for a church. I REALLY don't want to go shopping and spend money I barely have but it looks like I might be pressured into it. :( Also, my new boots are barely 8 weeks old and although I can find no visable holes in the leather, they are FAR from waterproof. Also have no idea what to get as a Christening gift. I'm thinking a disposable camera and a fancy photo album or maybe some Mothercare vouchers. Mrrrgh. I dunno...

The dress will work, skulls on clothing are 'in' at the moment so it'd be considered fairly normal, fashionable attire. :)

What about a silver birth cert holder? Most baby clothing shops sell them for around 20 euro and you can get them engraved. :) When I was working in a baby shop, that was our biggest seller for gifts. :)

• Advertisement

SO, my mam just got rushed into hospital. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

SO, my mam just got rushed into hospital. :(

Oh no... is she ok?

Sending positive and healing vibes your way hon... hope she's ok and everything works out ok xxx

Mylina wrote: »
    Oh no... is she ok?

Sending positive and healing vibes your way hon... hope she's ok and everything works out ok xxx

Don't know really, hopefully nothing too serious. She's severely disabled and has regular health scares, so here's hoping it's just a scare! Basically, my sister was talking to her, and within a matter of seconds, blood started filling up in her eye and her eyelids started swelling and turning purple. We called an emergency doctor, as she can't really sit in a chair so would have huge trouble sitting in a hospital waiting room, but the doctor told her to go straight in. :-/ Hopefully nothing too serious.

Thanks for the good wishes. :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The dress will work, skulls on clothing are 'in' at the moment so it'd be considered fairly normal, fashionable attire. :)

What about a silver birth cert holder? Most baby clothing shops sell them for around 20 euro and you can get them engraved. :) When I was working in a baby shop, that was our biggest seller for gifts. :)
    Ooooh that sounds good. I also saw a gorgeous silver frame with Winnie The Pooh characters embossed on it. Might be a bit pricey-my budget is €50.

EDIT: Feck, sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she'll be alright. :( Happy thoughts!

Ooooh that sounds good. I also saw a gorgeous silver frame with Winnie The Pooh characters embossed on it. Might be a bit pricey-my budget is €50.

The smaller, independent baby shops sell things like that at lower prices than mothercare. :) I remember when I was working in that place, we were about 50% cheaper than mothercare for the same stock. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is there anything better than really buttery toast? Off to bed now only to be woken at 9am in the morning by my ex delivering my darling daughter for a day of daddy wrapped around a 3yr olds finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hope every things ok Eso, sounds so scary!

Hope every things ok Eso, sounds so scary!

Haven't heard anything else yet, but hopefully it'll all be okay. I have to stay up in case my kid sister wakes up and gets scared being alone, so I'll hear anything as soon as it happens. Thankfully, we only live 5 minutes from the hospital, because the doctor was adamant about her getting in within minutes, she said she wouldn't risk leaving her even an hour (when my mam asked could she have a cup of tea and food before going in!).

At least I had Marty making me smile all evening so I have something to smile about while I try to stay awake! :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hope your mum is okay lyn.

Thanks mate. :) Hopefully it's just something stupid like burst blood vessels.

• Advertisement

Can't sleep.

Hope your mum is ok Lynda!

Hope you mam is ok Lyn :(.

There's nothing quite like waking up 8:15 on a Sunday morning without a hangover looking out the window to see a raging wind, dull sky and a wet ground and thinking to yourself can't wait to go running for 10k in that in waist high water and mud, climbing 7 1/2 foot walls, crawling under barbed wire for a 100m etc. WHAT THE FCUK WAS I THINKING :cool:.

Im off to eat brown rice and other healthy stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Damn hangover :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Melion wrote: »
    Off to bed now only to be woken at 9am in the morning by my ex delivering my darling daughter for a day of daddy wrapped around a 3yr olds finger.

Best feeling in the world mate!! Have a great day!

@ Lyn - sorry about your mum, I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

@ McChubbin - You're in Swords, have a stroll around the Pavillions, you'll see something. Eason's has a baby section for gifts IIRC, but there's plenty of choice in there. If you go into the likes of Mothercare or any of the jewellery's (who do these silver Christening gifts) you'll pay over the odds. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Make a gift! You like to paint? Why not paint a picture and frame it? Baby will get tonnes of presents, be nice to get something different and memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Hope your Mam is ok Lyn!!!!

Nothin beats a boring lazy sunday!

thanks for all the well wishes, guys. They don't know what's wrong so they sent her home this morning. thankfully, she seems okay at the moment. :)

Good luck, Marty! You'll do brilliant and I'll make ya more cake to celebrate. :p

Guess I'll be making more cake soon enough....

Congrats on finishing Hell and Back, Marty! Proud of you! <3:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

My cousins did Hell and Back today too. We'll done Marty :)

• Advertisement

Mylina wrote: »
    My cousins did Hell and Back today too. We'll done Marty :)

Just saw on Facebook that one of my two trainers came 4th out of 2,000 people, chuffed for him. :D He's training to do it again in June, but I'll be doing it too, then! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement