Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers :o, I wont lie it was tough, real tough to the point I dont even know what was the toughest part, but a 100m barbed wire crawl through mud when you only have 1/2 km left to do has to be up there went on my ear twice which aint bad considering how slippy, rocky and muddy it was everywhere. But delighted I finished and kept with the leading pack out of my group.

Every part of my body aches, I've cut and bruises everywhere. But have a few banana bread beers chilling in the fridge they should help relaxation mode kick in:).

Edit: Just got a text from hell & back I came in position 1005, its no fourth like Eso trainers, but fook that still means there were 995 behind me :pac:, and I only began training at the end of November :).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cheers :o, I wont lie it was tough, real tough to the point I dont even know what was the toughest part, but a 100m barbed wire crawl through mud when you only have 1/2 km left to do has to be up there went on my ear twice which aint bad considering how slippy, rocky and muddy it was everywhere. But delighted I finished and kept with the leading pack out of my group.

Every part of my body aches, I've cut and bruises everywhere. But have a few banana bread beers chilling in the fridge they should help relaxation mode kick in:).
    Well done man! :-D congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Edit: Just got a text from hell & back I came in position 1005, its no fourth like Eso trainers, but fook that still means there were 995 behind me :pac:, and I only began training at the end of November :).

Massive congrats again! :) Get arnica for the bruises, it'll get rid of 'em faster. :)

One of the girls from my fitness classes cut her foot open quite badly halfway 4k through the race, forced herself to keep going and ended up getting a tetanus as soon as she finished. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

One of my mates came 5th! He's super fit though, I'd love to be as dedicated as him :)

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    One of the girls from my fitness classes cut her foot open quite badly halfway 4k through the race, forced herself to keep going and ended up getting a tetanus as soon as she finished. :pac:

:pac: fair play to her, thats some determination and impressive, seen a good few people pulling up with injuries getting medical attention etc, one blokes leg locked up in the barb wire and he couldn't move had to be dragged out by a few people, while they were crawling aswell.
    Mylina wrote: »
    One of my mates came 5th! He's super fit though, I'd love to be as dedicated as him :)

Go him :).

• Advertisement

:pac: fair play to her, thats some determination and impressive, seen a good few people pulling up with injuries getting medical attention etc, one blokes leg locked up in the barb wire and he couldn't move had to be dragged out by a few people, while they were crawling aswell.

Jesus, fair play to the people who took the time to help him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Well done Marty! Fair fucks to ya. I couldn't do this for obvious reasons but I plan to do the next one (if I don't have to get surgery in the next couple of months that is!) But seriously well done mate. smiley-happy066.gif

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Jesus, fair play to the people who took the time to help him!

Yeh its kinda like that though everyone will help others out if they need it theres a good spirit really amongst everyone doing it.
    Well done Marty! Fair fucks to ya. I couldn't do this for obvious reasons but I plan to do the next one (if I don't have to get surgery in the next couple of months that is!) But seriously well done mate. smiley-happy066.gif

Cheers PKM, still no word on what the deal is with the shoulder?

Cheers PKM, still no word on what the deal is with the shoulder?

Nope. Expecting an appointment letter for the consultant any day now. When I see him, he'll be going through the results of the C.T scan and deciding on the next step.

Nope. Expecting an appointment letter for the consultant any day now. When I see him, he'll be going through the results of the C.T scan and deciding on the next step.

Fingers crossed yeh get good news, and can get back up n the bike soon :).

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed yeh get good news, and can get back up n the bike soon :).

Thanks mate, I hope so. It's hard to describe the feeling to someone who isn't into it, but not being on the bike, is like giving up smoking. It's so difficult. Next week, I'm gonna bring her bike into the kitchen, clean it up, give it a service and get her running again (been lying up a few months) then I'll transfer the insurance and get used to being on two wheels again. Or at least that's the plan anyway. :D

Thanks mate, I hope so. It's hard to describe the feeling to someone who isn't into it, but not being on the bike, is like giving up smoking. It's so difficult. Next week, I'm gonna bring her bike into the kitchen, clean it up, give it a service and get her running again (been lying up a few months) then I'll transfer the insurance and get used to being on two wheels again. Or at least that's the plan anyway. :D

Ah yeh I get ya, I like bikes just wouldn't trust myself on one :o but I do get were your coming from must be killer. Happy days bet that first ride on her will be amazing when you finally get the chance.

Ah yeh I get ya, I like bikes just wouldn't trust myself on one :o but I do get were your coming from must be killer. Happy days bet that first ride on her will be amazing when you finally get the chance.

*sniggers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ohferfecksake... got a PM back from Swords Ink following my complaint- a note of txtspk gibberish that I just managed to decipher as a request for my email address. FFS I already gave them my details! How the hell did they loose them? I'm not holding my breath on getting a sketch anytime soon but if by some miracle I do end up with activity in my inbox, I'll just say thanks and ignore them after that.
    Crappy, shambolic customer service as rightly put me off and I'm getting too annoyed to trust myself not to give out to them more.
    I'm planning a trip into town on Friday, weather pending, so I might check out ReINkarnated in my quest to find a reputable studio.
    My mother (who is friends with Swords Ink's manager due to him being our postman too) tells me not to say anything in case I alienate him and cause some disruption in his postie rounds. :rolleyes:
    I, on the other hand, have made my complaint as I refuse to put up with being pawned off and having my time wasted.
    I might go back to Stigmata-Tau as I've looked over Suuva's portfolio and she has a flair for coloured work. Very frustrated right now over this. :mad:

McChubbin wrote: »
    Ohferfecksake... got a PM back from Swords Ink following my complaint- a note of txtspk gibberish that I just managed to decipher as a request for my email address. FFS I already gave them my details! How the hell did they loose them? I'm not holding my breath on getting a sketch anytime soon but if by some miracle I do end up with activity in my inbox, I'll just say thanks and ignore them after that.
    Crappy, shambolic customer service as rightly put me off and I'm getting too annoyed to trust myself not to give out to them more.
    I'm planning a trip into town on Friday, weather pending, so I might check out ReINkarnated in my quest to find a reputable studio.
    My mother (who is friends with Swords Ink's manager due to him being our postman too) tells me not to say anything in case I alienate him and cause some disruption in his postie rounds. :rolleyes:
    I, on the other hand, have made my complaint as I refuse to put up with being pawned off and having my time wasted.
    I might go back to Stigmata-Tau as I've looked over Suuva's portfolio and she has a flair for coloured work. Very frustrated right now over this. :mad:

If you're going to ignore them after they do the drawing, would it not be better just to tell them you no longer need it? I know they're being unprofessional, but it's really bad form to get a drawing of what you want (especially when they're not charging for it, a lot of places charge twenty euro for it) and then ignore them and go elsewhere.

McChubbin wrote: »

I went to Stigmata-Tau a couple of times, never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I too was planning on racing today but couldn't for obvious reasons.

My fatness.

I'm giving Swords Ink until Monday to come up with the goods. Even though I'm extremely put off by their conduct, after 3 weeks of messing, I'm still curious to see what they could come up with. Call it morbid curiousity I suppose.
    Anyways, not going to dwell on it for too much anymore ad the whole think is making my head hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My piercer told me I had to wait a minimum of three weeks before I could change down my tongue bar. Will of course ask her as well but does anyone think there'd be a chance of being able to change it down after two weeks? I don't have great teeth as is and now the swelling's gone I keep hitting the bar off my teeth or accidentally biting it when I'm eating. I'm really afraid of chipping a tooth with it. :/

To hell and back looks mental. Was watching an video and at first though 'Oh maybe I should try train for that some time' bit after about thirty seconds I realised no way in hell would I ever do anything in any way close to that. :P

So, my dog (the one in my avatar) jumped onto the sofa, snuggled herself underneath my blanket (after using her head to push my feet out of her way! :pac: ) and promptly fell asleep. :)

jztmhv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got a lil drink tonight so my clothes will fall off. Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That was supposed to say drunk but whatever.

My dream job is to be a stripler.

Got another PM from that crowd I mentioned: I couldn't decipher it at all. Seriously, it is not professional to be using txtspk in a business context. Trying to read it made my head hurt so I just fired off a short and curt "Thanks but I've decided to postpone getting a tattoo at this time and your services are no longer required" reply.
    Urgh. Got a bad taste in my mouth over this. :( Going to pop into StigmataTau during the week and see what happens. Hopefully Suuva will be sympathetic to my tattooing needs.
    In other news, aside from the museums and Chester Beatty Libary, anyone know of some good places to spend a dreary Thursday afternoon on the cheap? Weather permitting, I want to get some culture. Bored out of my tree at home and now that my support group has finished up I have an abundence of time at my disposal that I'd like to spend doing something productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What's on in trinity at the moment? Those exhibitions are free and open to the public, aren't they?

Started watching Archer last night. Took a few episodes to get into it but oh god what a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

McChubbin, go touch up some mummies

Probably the most interesting thing I've done in Dublin recently, and only a couple of quid :)

I'm mad for the National Art Gallery, which was free last time I was there.

I also like the dead zoo, the natural history museum!

Eeek!

So I've been sending my CV off to retail companies, because I want a retail job just to tide me over while I'm in college.

My dad sent mine off to a mate of his who knows a guy opening some shops.

I got a text this morning from the director of the company (wtf is a DIRECTOR contacting me for?!), asking me would I like to go for training in town on Thursday, and if I do well, I'll be in a full time job in a shop that's no more than 20 minutes away from my house in 2 weeks when it opens.

Excited!!! Only problem is that it's one of those 'hard sell' jobs and I'm fcuking awful at anything involving hard selling. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Started watching Archer last night. Took a few episodes to get into it but oh god what a show.

Archer is fookin' brilliant!

Danger Zone :D

Super lazy morning! Gonna get up and do all my busywork now, then put some good effort into job applications this afternoon :)

• Advertisement

Super lazy morning! Gonna get up and do all my busywork now, then put some good effort into job applications this afternoon :)

Good luck with the applications. :)

I should be getting up and finishing college work because, although I did lots of extra work to keep on top of things, I forgot one element of my assignment that'll take a few hours to sort out. Instead, I'm sitting on my sofa, cuddling my dog and drinking coffee. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement