Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    My dad sent mine off to a mate of his who knows a guy opening some shops.
    I got a text this morning from the director of the company (wtf is a DIRECTOR contacting me for?!), asking me would I like to go for training in town on Thursday, and if I do well, I'll be in a full time job in a shop that's no more than 20 minutes away from my house in 2 weeks when it opens.
    G'luck with that!
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Archer is fookin' brilliant!

Danger Zone :D
    You better call Kenny Loggins, because you're in the Danger Zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You better call Kenny Loggins, because you're in the Danger Zone!

I fcuking love Kenny Loggins pure 80's cheese thats just brilliant.

On a seperate note im no fan of Dublin Ink think everyone knows that, but they just announced on facebook that Domantas Parvanis will be doing a guest spot there this year which is fairly impressive I love his work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hmm. Despite having several coffees today, I'm wrecked. Must have worn myself out doing basically nothing. :D Nap time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

On a seperate note im no fan of Dublin Ink think everyone knows that, but they just announced on facebook that Domantas Parvanis will be doing a guest spot there this year which is fairly impressive I love his work.

Just had a look at his portfolio on Facebook, WOW. Some seriously impressive work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Just had a look at his portfolio on Facebook, WOW. Some seriously impressive work.

Yeh his album looks class!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just mailed him there to try and get a booking, he is amazing.

Some of his work really is top quality Ive been a fans of his for a while ,I'd imagine he will book up fairly quick, no mention of how long he will be guesting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Rain, rain and more rain. Everything in Galway is flooded (including the one place interested in possibly hiring me) and I forgot to bring my umbrella with me. I've wanted to go back to Spain quite a few times since I left but never more than now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    Just mailed him there to try and get a booking, he is amazing.
    Brilliant looking portfolio! Fingers crossed that you can get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah was looking through it when Dublin Ink put up that photo earlier. Incredible stuff. For all the slagging that Dublin Ink get (and probably deserve), when it comes to bringing guest artists into the country they're great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Jebus I'm hanging today! if i got 10 seconds to myself id nodd off here at my desk easy!! cant wait to get home! straight to bed me thinks!! taughts of training is killing me!!

Popcorn on. Third alien film for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah was looking through it when Dublin Ink put up that photo earlier. Incredible stuff. For all the slagging that Dublin Ink get (and probably deserve), when it comes to bringing guest artists into the country they're great.

Fairly unfamiliar with Dublin Ink, what they get slagged for?

maximoose wrote: »

Among other things, treating their clients like crap and being overpriced for the quality of work they produce.

Off to college for me. Stupid printer won't work, so I'm just dragging my laptop with me and making the lecturer sync it up to the printer there. :pac:

Yeh as much im not a fan of there's if they continue to get guest artists of Domantas caliber in you would have to respect them. There already asking people who else they would like to see, and after being flooded with Kat Von D requests they said no people off the tv.
    Popcorn on. Third alien film for me :)

Nice :cool:. Lady Vengeance arrived in the post today its the only one of Park Chan-Wook's vengeance trilogy I haven't seen so that will be going on later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I get so long winded when I type out my profile for online dating. Sure, it asks you to be specific but despite clearly stating that I won't reply to profiles without pictures or people who typ liek dis, my inbox gets constantly spammed by pictureless, illiterate trolls. *sigh*

and after being flooded with Kat Von D requests they said no people off the tv.)

:P That's brilliant.
    maximoose wrote: »

I've not been myself like so I don't wanna slam them too hard cause they do seem to be quite popular. There's been a few threads on here about them and a few different people have complained about a substantial difference in the price/amount of time needed to do the piece when quoted and when it gone down to doing it. Also a couple of bits about ego and the amount of time the artists actually put into the designs. But everybody has their off days like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

IMO Dublin Ink got their marketing too right and have created a massive supply/demand problem.

That's good for them as it lets them charge more (so many people want to get work done there but they don't have as much space as they would want).

That, combined with the massive waiting lists and the odd admin cock up, is probably what gives them a bit of a bad rep.

Just seen a video on facebook of a kid getting tattoo'd while he cries with his mother and the tattooist ( not calling him an artist) holding his arm steady.

WTF is wrong with people, some people shouldn't be allowed have kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just seen a video on facebook of a kid getting tattoo'd while he cries with his mother and the tattooist ( not calling him an artist) holding his arm steady.

I saw that video today, disgusting.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    IMO Dublin Ink got their marketing too right and have created a massive supply/demand problem.

That for sure. What have they got like 50,000+ likes on facebook? Good spot in town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What? :eek: Jesus.

That for sure. What have they got like 50,000+ likes on facebook? Good spot in town too.

Yeah, plus they got in with the Fade Street setup too. I'd say its frustrating as hell for the lads who run it having so much potential business but being unable to fully capitalise on it.

That's good for them as it lets them charge more (so many people want to get work done there but they don't have as much space as they would want).

That, combined with the massive waiting lists and the odd admin cock up, is probably what gives them a bit of a bad rep.

They did get there marketing right with promising a tv show when they first launched that never materialised, but I dont think they have huge waiting lists to be honest, Ive never heard of them or in my experience with them had they waiting lists.

They overcharge for the quality work they put out, Im no fan of them for a few reasons and it not all admin cocks ups either, but im not going into it Ive done so a few times on here before. But I will give them one thing it because of them that I really began to look into artists and try educate myself more.

They did get there marketing right with promising a tv show when they first launched that never materialised, but I dont think they have huge waiting lists to be honest, Ive never heard of them or in my experience with them had they waiting lists.

They overcharge for the quality work they put out, Im no fan of them for a few reasons and it not all admin cocks ups either, but im not going into it Ive done so a few times on here before. But I will give them one thing it because of them that I really began to look into artists and try educate myself more.

Ah that was my experience of them when I was seeing if I should give them my custom, could well be different now seeing as I haven't considered them in a while.

Ah that was my experience of them when I was seeing if I should give them my custom, could well be different now seeing as I haven't considered them in a while.

You could be right its a few years now since I had any dealings with them, just never hear much about them having waiting lists. Plus I personally don't think any of there artists warrant a waiting list. Domantas is a terrific artist though.
    Melion wrote: »
    I saw that video today, disgusting.
    Orim wrote: »
    What? :eek: Jesus.

Disgusting is right, kid should be taken of the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

teh **** is this now??? any chance of a pm with the link?

teh **** is this now??? any chance of a pm with the link?

Yeh no bother ill send it on now, I wouldn't post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the only good thing about that is that its not in Ireland. That is a ****ing disgrace.

• Advertisement

Marty, can you PM me a link too? That's fúcking horrendous. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement