Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Saw this the other day, have fallen in love with it.. love it...
    tumblr_mgrzyu6BOL1qikl3co1_250.jpg
    will be a while before funds allow me to get another tattoo though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

gregers85 wrote: »
    getting a japanese dragon on my fore-arm! getting it done by Matt Beckerich - He's guesting in Allstar from Kings Avenue tattoo, New York! I was getting tattoo'd in sept in Allstar and seen a piece he did while guesting at same time and have been mad to get something by him since, this is a fb page of some of his dragon and koi stuff

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.100193883348341.215.100000731883330&type=3

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I do still enjoy Miami Ink I have to say! not the biggest fan of LA ink tho, Have u seen NY ink??

No, haven't seen it yet. Any good? I seen an ad for a new season starting soon, would that be right? Might have a look anyway.

So heading down to Carlow on Saturday to get the third (and final) stage done on the Alien tatt. He said he's gonna make it "pop", whatever he means by that. :confused: He wants to extend the background on it to bring it round the front a bit more.

And - FINALLY, I got my letter today, I'm in Tullamore hospital with my orthopedic consultant on Tuesday February 12th at 3pm. This will be the decider as to what the next step is, surgery or not. I really hope not. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.

cheers mate! ill pop it up on the show me yours thread when its done! will take 2 sittings tho I reckon

No, haven't seen it yet. Any good? I seen an ad for a new season starting soon, would that be right? Might have a look anyway.

So heading down to Carlow on Saturday to get the third (and final) stage done on the Alien tatt. He said he's gonna make it "pop", whatever he means by that. :confused: He wants to extend the background on it to bring it round the front a bit more.

And - FINALLY, I got my letter today, I'm in Tullamore hospital with my orthopedic consultant on Tuesday February 12th at 3pm. This will be the decider as to what the next step is, surgery or not. I really hope not. :(

Not really to be honest! some good tattoos in it but they spend more time showing the fighting and at each others throats then anything else! lucky to see 2 tattoos a show! its startin on DMax or wanna them channels shortly i think!

Looking Forward to seeing that!! Love Alien!!

Best of luck at the hosp!! hopefully it works out for you!!!

• Advertisement

Not really to be honest! some good tattoos in it but they spend more time showing the fighting and at each others throats then anything else! lucky to see 2 tattoos a show! its startin on DMax or wanna them channels shortly i think!

So it's like the rest of them then. :rolleyes:
    Looking Forward to seeing that!! Love Alien!!

Dying to have it finally finished!!! :D
    Best of luck at the hosp!! hopefully it works out for you!!!

I hope so mate, thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

To make it pop means making it REALLY stand out, almost like it's coming off of your skin. :)

Best of luck, mate. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    To make it pop means making it REALLY stand out, almost like it's coming off of your skin. :)

Yeah, he said something about making it almost like 3D. :D :cool:
    Best of luck, mate. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Thank you!! Hopefully this will be it. I want to hear them telling me that it's finally healing and I can get back training and get back on the bike again. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's worth watching for Megan Massacre alone!

181179_442141642520738_1403840210_n.jpg

Yeah, he said something about making it almost like 3D. :D :cool:

That's EXACTLY what 'making it pop' means. :) I'm such a feckin' woman, I know this because it's a term used in make up application. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's EXACTLY what 'making it pop' means. :)I'm such a feckin' woman, I know this because it's a term used in make up application. :pac:

Good to know, wasn't sure :P

Orim wrote: »
    Good to know, wasn't sure :P

I know, the penis tends to confuse people. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Interestingly all my tattoos have some kind of concept/meaning to me behind them.

You wouldn't see me blabbing all about these concepts unless asked intelligently though

P_1 wrote: »
    Interestingly all my tattoos have some kind of concept/meaning to me behind them.

You wouldn't see me blabbing all about these concepts unless asked intelligently though

All of mine bar one have meaning, too. But when artists ask the meaning behind them, I tend to give a short answer. I'm not telling an artist about any hardships I've suffered in the past, ffs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

All of mine bar one have meaning, too. But when artists ask the meaning behind them, I tend to give a short answer. I'm not telling an artist about any hardships I've suffered in the past, ffs. :pac:

Ah yeah same here, i'd explain the concept and that'd be that :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Meaning behind tattoos???? Pah, no need.

I have 5 that mean something to me, the rest are just random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Some mine do, so mine dont like the movie themed one Remis is doing is just because I love films nothing more nothing less. Never really had an artist ask me the reason behind my tattoos just generally talk about the tattoo and ideas.

Some mine do, so mine dont like the movie themed one Remis is doing is just because I love films nothing more nothing less. Never really had an artist ask me the reason behind my tattoos just generally talk about the tattoo and ideas.

It's okay. My last one, me and the artist and the other artist that was hanging around ended up talking about your tattoo by remis, so I've done enough talking for ya. :pac:

none of mine have any meaning! just like the design or the artist! I will be getting a meaningful one done during the year though! but it will be small & out of plain sight! it will be just for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mine have meaning thus far but I'm moving away from that. It's funny each tattoo I've gotten seems to have shifted my ideas of what I'm willing to get.

My batman tattoo is going to have the most meaning of all. It'll mean that I am the goddamn batman.

• Advertisement

It's okay. My last one, me and the artist and the other artist that was hanging around ended up talking about your tattoo by remis, so I've done enough talking for ya. :pac:

:pac: in a strange way that's kinda creepy thinking there were random people sitting around talking about my tattoo but also flattering that people liked it enough to talk about it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Same. That duck on my leg is deep man.

:pac: in a strange way that's kinda creepy thinking there were random people sitting around talking about my tattoo but also flattering that people liked it enough to talk about it :).

Oh, I'm just a random person to you now? THANKS FOR THAT, MATE. :(

Never making you cake or buying you a tattoo magazine again! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My batman tattoo is going to have the most meaning of all. It'll mean that I am the goddamn batman.
    308707749426892636_C2OWnJQB_b.jpg
    Yeah ya are, you know it, we know it, Marty knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I always get asked by randomers what's the meaning of my Batman stuff - I like Batman, why the hell does it have to have any more meaning you goons :pac:

Oh, I'm just a random person to you now? THANKS FOR THAT, MATE. :(

Now it was fairly obvious I was talking about the random artists chatting about it ;).
    Yeah ya are, you know it, we know it, Marty knows it.

But yeh what Damo said :cool: :p.

Now it was fairly obvious I was talking about the random artists chatting about it ;).

But yeh what Damo said :cool: :p.

Smartarses, the lot of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

No meaning behind my tattoos here either, other than the fact that they're things I like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I got my meaningful ones out of the way at the beginning. Now I just want loads of ink under my skin.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    I got my meaningful ones out of the way at the beginning. Now I just want loads of ink under my skin.

I think that's how most start out isn't it. The first one or two have meaning because you think they need to have meaning then the more you become immersed in tattoos,the culture and art in them the less it becomes abut the meaning and just about what you like and the want for more tattoos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement