Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I think that's how most start out isn't it. The first one or two have meaning because you think they need to have meaning then the more you become immersed in tattoos,the culture and art in them the less it becomes abut the meaning and just about what you like and the want for more tattoos.

Hmm. Not sure if I agree 100% with this. My first three have meanings, but not because I thought they needed meaning behind them. I love tattoos equally if they have meaning or not, and always planned to get tattoos. I just happened to take the plunge with tattoos around the time of a big milestone in my life, so decided I may as well get one to celebrate a milestone in my life. Same with the other two that have meaning, I wanted to celebrate something and what better way to do it than have a permanent reminder on my skin?

I hope that makes sense. :pac: It was more a case of me deciding 'feck it, may as well celebrate some shít,' rather than thinking any of my tattoos SHOULD have meaning behind them.

In 3 and a half years, I'll be getting one that will have absolutely huge meaning behind it, and in between then, I'll be getting whatever I like the look of, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ah it makes sense if you think about it.

Some people buy paintings/ get tattoos etc because they just think it looks good
    Some people buy paintings/ get tattoos etc because there is a deep meaning to them from their perspective.

Nothing wrong with either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The one I have has serious meaning behind it, though it was a bit of fun too. Had been wanting a tattoo for 3yrs before I got it, though the tattoo I wanted was a fox on my wrist. Put it on hold until I get a more permanent job under me so it's doesn't affect employment. The one I have is in no place visible in Irish weather though:)

What annoys me is when people ask me "but why would you get THAT tattooed on you. It's horrific!!"
    People still have an aesthetic view on tattoos being ugly and depreciating the value in a person because they have one. Sad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'll be adding a new meaningful tattoo in December, Domantas Parvainas mailed me back :). I always said I'd never go near Dublin Ink but his work is too good to pass up. Gonna get a portrait of my daughter.

How about we all just agree that tattoos are bleedin' deadly, and who cares why we get them? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Melion wrote: »
    I'll be adding a new meaningful tattoo in December, Domantas Parvainas mailed me back :). I always said I'd never go near Dublin Ink but his work is too good to pass up. Gonna get a portrait of my daughter.

December?? Crikey that's a waiting list and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I know, the penis tends to confuse people. :pac:

:eek: em.....what? :eek:

*hears The Crying Game theme tune in head*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    December?? Crikey that's a waiting list and a half

Hes not here till December ;), but waiting list like that arent unheard of be waiting longer than that to get near Remis or Chris Cooks.

Nice,congrats man his work is top notch look forward to seeing it.

Woah, that guy is deadly. Might even consider him instead of Andy Engel :eek:

How long is he here for and may I be so bold to ask his price range?

:eek: em.....what? :eek:

*hears The Crying Game theme tune in head*

:pac:

Joke, PKM! Eh, not going to get too literal for fear of píssing Damo off, but someone can vouch that I don't actually have a penis!

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Joke, PKM!

Well, d'uh!!! :pac:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Woah, that guy is deadly. Might even consider him instead of Andy Engel :eek:

How long is he here for and may I be so bold to ask his price range?

They never stated how long he will be here for, but you would have to imagine it wont be for to long considering the time of year he is coming over at, unless he really hates Christmas at home :pac:.

He mightn't even celebrate Christmas :p

Ah no, only curiosity asking, have heart set on hitting Germany within two years for the next piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Having fun with a new iPhone app in the run up to the return of The Walking Dead soon :D

387041_10152466399690191_573317340_n.jpg

Some of the animals uploaded on the website are quite entertaining :)

http://www.deadyourself.com/walkers

The Walking Dead should really introduce a rabid animal of some sort to liven things up even more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've been getting an error message from the site so I just downloaded the app :p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

He mightn't even celebrate Christmas :p

Ah no, only curiosity asking, have heart set on hitting Germany within two years for the next piece.

Depending on who you plan to get, it's worth looking into even now for 2 years time. Lars Uwe (Lu's lips) is based in Berlin and is booked over a year in advance.

??

I plan on Andy Engel as I said and he's booked up until the end 2014/beginning 2015.
    Research has been done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just found out Evan Rachel Wood is married. :(

I mean we weren't close but I always figured someday... :(

Orim wrote: »

Who? :confused: Someone you like, is it?

Me feckin' Sky box is acting up! It's fairly new and it's a HD box so it shouldn't be gone already!!?? Won't mark stuff to record or series link! Shite! :(

• Advertisement

Who? :confused: Someone you like, is it?

Me feckin' Sky box is acting up! It's fairly new and it's a HD box so it shouldn't be gone already!!?? Won't mark stuff to record or series link! Shite! :(

She's an actress. And a purdy one.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Evan-Rachel-Wood-evan-rachel-wood-233799_1600_1200.jpg

That's a pain in the hole regarding the box. Series link is dead handy.

That's a pain in the hole regarding the box. Series link is dead handy.

Yeah, anything I already have series linked is ok, but it won't let me mark anything new for later or tomorrow. I might just plug it out, leave it for a bit and plug it back in again.

Have you got two recordings going on at the same time PKM?

I've an older version of the SkyBox, but it won't allow series link if two things are recording at the same time. Has a bit of a hissy fit!

Yeah, anything I already have series linked is ok, but it won't let me mark anything new for later or tomorrow. I might just plug it out, leave it for a bit and plug it back in again.

Well at least that's something. Make sure you take the card out when you unplug, dunno why but that helps.

Have you got two recordings going on at the same time PKM?

I've an older version of the SkyBox, but it won't allow series link if two things are recording at the same time. Has a bit of a hissy fit!

No I don't think so. My older one was like that alright but doesn't happen on this one. I was trying to mark something for next Monday and there's nothing clashing with it, but it just won't mark. It's weird.
    Well at least that's something. Make sure you take the card out when you unplug, dunno why but that helps.

Really? Nice one, must remember that so.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

So, go Team T&P for Hell and Back Apollo??? 15th June. Sher what's the worst that could happen? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

:eek: Since when?

I used to be so in love with her after I first saw Thirteen. Went on for you a few year. Last thing I remember hearing was she had broke up with Marilyn Manson, never knew she was even engaged to anyone else.

:eek: Since when?

I used to be so in love with her after I first saw Thirteen. Went on for you a few year. Last thing I remember hearing was she had broke up with Marilyn Manson, never knew she was even engaged to anyone else.

Since October. Only a few months in so it may not last :P
    jenizzle wrote: »
    So, go Team T&P for Hell and Back Apollo??? 15th June. Sher what's the worst that could happen? biggrin.png

That's what Doctor Pepper said and then I ended up in that institution.

If I can back into some sort of fitness regime, I may be tempted towards doing it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Eso--Sorry to hear about your friend.My daughters best friend was the girl that killed herself in Maynooth a few weeks agos brother--the one with all the publicity.

Hard thing to get over.My daughter is still in counselling over it.

In the last 1 year Ive lost 1 close friend and a cousin I grew up with to suicide.

And you know theres times when you wonder is it an easy way out of RL stuff thats going on.

Look after yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I struck up a conversation with a nice guy on OKCupid but now he's gone all quiet. :( Shame. He seemed just my type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement