Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

P_1 wrote: »
    Lol, not really, some drinks leave me grand some others cripple me the next day :confused:

Heineken and vodka are on the bad list
    Whiskey and most other beers are on the good list ;)

Absolutely everything is on my good list. :D

The only thing I have to be careful of is not to mix more than about 3 different drinks. So I can have vodka, beer and sambuca in a night, but add in a whiskey and I'll die. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I always mix drinks and always get hangovers to some extent, but whiskey kills me leaves me feeling like someone tore my stomach out the night before and left this big bag of unsettled acid in there instead ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rotgut'll do that to ye ;)

Ye need some fine sippin' whisky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

gregers85 wrote: »

And I started last night using a fecking guide and still have gotten no-where. Well actually I keep getting quite close to the end and then **** it up and end up back at the start. I should really spend my time actually doing something useful like editing or college work...

Rotgut'll do that to ye ;)

Ye need some fine sippin' whisky

Ive tried sippin fine whisky but still didn't enjooy it maybe it because of all my previous bad experiences with it,, I might have to fine tune my pallet :cool:.

• Advertisement

Ive tried sippin fine whisky but still didn't enjooy it maybe it because of all my previous bad experiences with it,, I might have to fine tune my pallet :cool:.

Try Greenore. I usually don't like whiskey much at all, but Greenore is lovely. Can't beat an Irish-distilled burbon.

God, I want some whiskey now.

I've had Middleton Rare or the proper Middleton whiskeys a few times maybe next time ill try it with an open mind :).

I've had Middleton Rare or the proper Middleton whiskeys a few times maybe next time ill try it with an open mind :).

I've had Middleton once or twice. It's nice. :)

Tbh, it's an acquired taste, I think. I hated Greenore the first few times I tried it, and just got used to it in the end. Bit like smoking, hated it at first but soon learned to like the taste of it. Except, you know, I'm not addicted to alcohol.... :rolleyes:

ahaha. Just told the mother that if I pass my probation in work, I'll be getting a tattoo to celebrate. Her reaction was 'FCUK OFF!' I laughed and said 'What?,' to which she just sighed loudly and hung her head.

Better reaction than I've gotten for any of my past tattoos. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    ahaha. Just told the mother that if I pass my probation in work, I'll be getting a tattoo to celebrate. Her reaction was 'FCUK OFF!' I laughed and said 'What?,' to which she just sighed loudly and hung her head.

Better reaction than I've gotten for any of my past tattoos. :pac:

Ha good stuff, I never get a bad reaction from the folks apart from my Dad slagging me over them.

Probably helps that the mother and brother also have tattoos

• Advertisement

Ha good stuff, I never get a bad reaction from the folks apart from my Dad slagging me over them.

Probably helps that the mother and brother also have tattoos

My family all despise tattoos. Anytime I get one, my dad calls me a 'fcuking moron,' my sister tells me that tattoos make me look like a lesbian, my ma just shakes her head and looks away. that said, she actually admitted to liking two of mine. :pac: She won't look at my most recent because it's a lizard/gecko type thing and she's got a phobia of them so bad that she genuinely can't even look at the tattoo. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    My family all despise tattoos. Anytime I get one, my dad calls me a 'fcuking moron,' my sister tells me that tattoos make me look like a lesbian, my ma just shakes her head and looks away. that said, she actually admitted to liking two of mine. :pac: She won't look at my most recent because it's a lizard/gecko type thing and she's got a phobia of them so bad that she genuinely can't even look at the tattoo. :pac:

Yikes, a new tattoo sounds like fun in your place.

The worst reaction I tent to get is a 'you're mad' in my Da's long lost Mayo accent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

My mother hasn't looked at my half sleeve yet. I'm pretty sure she cried when she saw the tree on my back :L My dad is more easy going. He doesn't like them but he doesn't get upset over it!

My folks and basically all my relatives hate tattoos,with a passion so much so that majority have only seen the one on my arm and refuse to look at the others which are easily covered, My gardfather when He was alive had two on his forearms I think that were my initial curiousty about tattoos came from as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

My tattoos cause HUGE issues at home... my mother stops talking to me anytime I get a new one.... Considering my last couple of biggish ones were christmas pressies from hubby, makes new years shit when she hasn't spoken to me the last 2 NYE..... hubby doesn't like them, but he keeps quiet about it mostly..

Mylina wrote: »
    My tattoos cause HUGE issues at home... my mother stops talking to me anytime I get a new one.... Considering my last couple of biggish ones were christmas pressies from hubby, makes new years shit when she hasn't spoken to me the last 2 NYE..... hubby doesn't like them, but he keeps quiet about it mostly..

Damn. I thought the reaction I got was bad! :pac:

I remember I had this friend, called Tony. Lovely guy, intelligent, funny and I loved chatting to him. He had asked me out a few times and accepted my 'no' gracefully each time. At the time, I only had 2 tatts on my calves, which he hadn't seen and didn't know about. The day after I got my third one done, he lost the plot. He started telling me I was destroying my body and he 'never wanted to go out with me now.' I ended up falling off my sofa from laughing so hard and informed him that I was never going to go out with him in the first place. We haven't spoken since. :pac:

My tattoos caused me to come to this forum, and caused Marty to find me on another site, so for those reasons (along with others), because I get to talk to all of you lovely people and learn more about tattoos each day, I like them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My Mam doesn't like them, but didn't freak. But definitely doesn't like them at all.

Still haven't had the heart to show her my leg :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Mylina wrote: »
    My tattoos cause HUGE issues at home... my mother stops talking to me anytime I get a new one....

Yeah - likewise. I'm 42 and my mum (and dad) still tut at me when I get new ink. :rolleyes: I guess we never grow up in their eyes. :pac:

Speaking of which - MORNIN' ALL!. Just getting ready to head to Carlow to get my Alien tatt finished. YAY!!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

None of my family particularly care about my tattoos mainly because I don't live at home so don't have to see them that often :)
    My nan hated them though, until I arrived at her house one day with hers and my grandads name on my arm, she wouldn't stop smiling and hatred turned to curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I feel quite lucky reading these comments, I've never had any issues with my tats. My mam gives me the ol exasperated "not another one" but she's grand with them really. Although we'll see what happens when I get something that's not easily hidden.

Watching the rugby at the mo. Going well thus far :D

• Advertisement

Hon Ireland!

Thats the tattoo fund up at 55 blips now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Im stuck at work! got to see a few mins here nd there! looked like a great match!!! hate watchin the replay when u know the score!! On the other hand the in-laws are Welsh! let the teasing commence haha

gregers85 wrote: »
    Im stuck at work! got to see a few mins here nd there! looked like a great match!!! hate watchin the replay when u know the score!! On the other hand the in-laws are Welsh! let the teasing commence haha

First half was great for us but that second half was some of the most exciting rugby I've watched.

Get up the Zebo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Back from Dubbyland, got myself a couple of new books so I'm happy :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Denny M wrote: »
    Back from Dubbyland, got myself a couple of new books so I'm happy :D

Books??
    What are they??
    I vaguely remember them being made of something called paper!!!

Buy yourself a Kindle.

Best gadget I own.Thousands of books in one place.

Really couldnt live without it.And Im a big reader.Must have hundreds of books here.I was quite aprehensive about the Kindle but seriously they are just the best invention ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just like having the physical book. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a kindle or something similar at some point, but I just prefer having the physical thing, so I'm in no rush to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I got it about two years ago but my mum only found out about my tattoo recently. She said she doesn't mind it and thinks it nice but then started talking about women she works with who have 'ruined their arms' with tattoos. I decided not to mention I hope to eventually completely cover my legs in ink. :p

She also once told me she doesn't mind any of us getting piercings as long as it's not a tongue piercing so I've decided to wait till it's completely healed before letting her know about it...if I do at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Denny M wrote: »
    I just like having the physical book. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a kindle or something similar at some point, but I just prefer having the physical thing, so I'm in no rush to get one.

Honestly--I was the exact same.Nevre thought Id ever read from a "device" but having used one for over a year now Id never go back to a physical book.

And you can "acquire" books for free if you know where to look ;););)

It's probably because I've been using my phone rather then an actual e-reader but I can't warm to reading on screen rather then an actual book or comic or whatever. Even in college I'd always print off notes and what not rather then read on the laptop.

• Advertisement

On the subject of parents liking or not liking tattoos / piercings my 15 year old who I brought to get her nose pierced at Xmas now wnats a septum piercing / industrial bar / snakebites.

Keeps calling me a hypocrite because both myself and wife have piercings including facial ones.

Its a hard one to deal with.Id prefer her to wait a few years but Ive been there done that and still have the piercings to show for it so I cant really criticise her for wanting them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement