Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My point is that they don't have to, but there is no harm when they do.

Exactly but when people have to justify getting a tattoo with a story theres something wrong.

Ive no problem with people having a story behind it but when it *has* to have a story it does my head in or even if it hasnt got a story and people have to make one up just for a reason to get inked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think everyone here is watching too much LA Ink :pac:

Everyone on that *has* to have a story cause its a tv show. Maybe a few people are attaching meaning to their tattoos cause of it, nobody I know anyway.

Haven't seen much of it but this one woman got a tattoo of a scissors and a lock of hair cause she loved her job as a hairdresser so much :confused:

I found it! Or something very similar to it.
    tumblr_lmmnulDeyB1qcsxhto1_400.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

. Maybe a few people are attaching meaning to their tattoos cause of it, nobody I know anyway.

Plenty I know of are--Ridiculous.One bloke got a standard flash off the wall job and I asked why he went for it and he says because he just liked the look of it--the next person asks him and he says its in memory of whatever....He didnt need to justify it to me as he knew Im into my tattoos etc but he did to a more lets say "normal" person*

*normal as in I cant find the right word at the minute after beer.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Plenty I know of are--Ridiculous.One bloke got a standard flash off the wall job and I asked why he went for it and he says because he just liked the look of it--the next person asks him and he says its in memory of whatever....He didnt need to justify it to me as he knew Im into my tattoos etc but he did to a more lets say "normal" person*

*normal as in I cant find the right word at the minute after beer.

Dear God.

I was right. People are watching too much of that awful show. Only reason I watched it the few times is the tattoos are usually pretty good. Maybe it should be watched on mute. Plus this girl's a ride.

Kat-Von-D-Saint-Sinner-kat-von-d-11051254-406-583.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Everyone on that *has* to have a story cause its a tv show. Maybe a few people are attaching meaning to their tattoos cause of it, nobody I know anyway.

Ah I'm sick of the feckin sob stories on that!! I do feel sorry for some of the people and some of the stories are heart-wrencing, but enough already!!! The artwork is savage in fairness and some of the portraits done by Kat and Dan are amazing, but yeah, watch it on mute for the tatts! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Dear God.

I was right. People are watching too much of that awful show. Only reason I watched it the few times is the tattoos are usually pretty good. Maybe it should be watched on mute. Plus this girl's a ride.

Kat-Von-D-Saint-Sinner-kat-von-d-11051254-406-583.jpg

I used to think she was a super cereals babe, but the more you watch her and she her slag herself about.... i dunno... she just gets annoying!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ah I'm sick of the feckin sob stories on that!! I do feel sorry for some of the people and some of the stories are heart-wrencing, but enough already!!! The artwork is savage in fairness and some of the portraits done by Kat and Dan are amazing, but yeah, watch it on mute for the tatts! :cool:

Kats portraits are good, far from amazing.

Check out Joe Myler in Waterford for amazing, Andy Engel for mindblowingly amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I just get tattoos because I want them. Only 2 of my tattoos have a "meaning". The tattoo of my dogs name and the tattoo of the treble clef. Other than that the rest were for arts/lulz sake. You only have one life and one body so make the most of it, get the tattoos YOU want and don't worry about them having a meaning. My mam would be of the opinion that your tattoo should have a meaning and hers do which is perfectly fine, that's totally hers and whoever elses decision and more power to them. Just doesn't necessarily hold true for me. That's just my 2c anyway.

I used to think she was a super cereals babe, but the more you watch her and she her slag herself about.... i dunno... she just gets annoying!

Oh I don't wanna watch her show, I just wanna ride her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I am laughing at all these references to Miami Ink so much so I have done a bit of research on it. The show started in 2005.

Ironically I had all my tattoos bar 1 of them before that show even started. I must sit down and watch it sometime, get some pointers for me next tattoo, oh no wait I already know what I want :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Melion wrote: »

Check out Joe Myler in Waterford for amazing, Andy Engel for mindblowingly amazing!

I'll do that, cheers. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Kat is hot. I'd ride her if i was that way inclined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Am I the only one who thinks Kat VD has tranny-ish qualities?

No, I can totally see where you get that from... when she bigs up her lips with mega-red lipstick she looks a bit weird.

Also, she's quite masculine in her movements. Maybe that's why women like her... ? Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Melion wrote: »

Check out robert litcans one he posted on fb of bob marley...now thats a good ****ing portrait

Arawn wrote: »
    Check out robert litcans one he posted on fb of bob marley...now thats a good ****ing portrait

can you link it here or ... is it simple to FB search that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

some of mine mean something to me, but other people wouldn't get it. then some don't. the chinese symbol on the back of my neck is ox, i was born in the year of the ox - no brainer. the giant skull with chef hat and knives (as opposed to crossbones) is a, i am MASSIVELY into skulls, and i love to cook (and go to culinary school) so i added the twist). i have a breast cancer symbol, a butterfly, a giant cross, then there is some arty farty flowers etc with the chinese symbol for strength. and my barcode. i used to explain that one to people, but even then they wouldn't get it, and would slate it anyway!! so now it is just a barcode, pish off if you don't like it i couldn't care less. :D my next ones are just cool so i want them, nothing deep and meaningful behind them. i am tattoo mad is the meaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    That'd be this one:
    388737_341162255911793_100000540642489_1308352_1799747859_n.jpg
    Robert's Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/rlitcan

Pippy1976 wrote: »

388737_341162255911793_100000540642489_1308352_1799747859_n.jpg

• Advertisement

That is stunning!

I'm not a portrait kinda gal but that might just change my mind. It's beautiful... even that word doesn't do it justice!
    Arawn wrote: »

Tbh i'd place roberts black and grey stuff as the best among the non big name artists

judging by that one you posted you're probably right. thanks for sharing, love it

I had an ordeal today! Moved to a new town/country recently. I'm looking to get a complicated piercing done, so wanted to check out some piercing places, get something simple done and make sure I'm comfortable there, cause I'm very picky. Want to get a third set in my lobes so went to do that today!

First place I went to doesn't do piercings anymore, couldn't recommend anywhere, girl at the desk must have been a dope or something.

Travelled to a different place of town to another studio who had some very limited info of piercings on their website. Said we pierce, $35 above the waste $70 industrial. Nice looking studio, three guys hanging out behind the counter.

Asked could I get my lobes done, guy said "Yeah but I don't understand why you would come here for lobes, its $35 a hole." I said where else would I go though? He said loads of places do ear piercings. I asked with a needle? He said, no wouldn't think so. RED FLAG

A piercing studio wanted to send me to get it done with a gun at the mall or something. One of the guys said I guess we are the best place to get done with a needle.

I won't be getting anything done there. Any piercer that recommends a gun is not going near any part of my body, whether they do it all the time or not.

I'm traumatized and holeless :(

Traumatised????

Chill out...

It was a joke :confused:

I was in the square the other day and there was a child (about 2 years old) in a well known accessories shop getting her ears pierced with 2 guns and the same time, My heart broke for the poor little thing, the look of fear!

I'd love some eCLAIRES now??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I was in the square the other day and there was a child (about 2 years old) in a well known accessories shop getting her ears pierced with 2 guns and the same time, My heart broke for the poor little thing, the look of fear!

Heh, I got my very first ear piercing in a well known accessories shop in the square and it was the most terrifying experience of my life at the time :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement