Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Melion wrote: »
    What number are you on? 12 episodes per series

Ah right didn't know that just done a quick check Im on episode 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Power through the night to finish the series, it's worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Have to sit up til 3am to do taxi for my babysitter and her mates. I'll have to have a flick through Netflix and see what I can watch to keep me awake and pass a couple of hours. :rolleyes: I don't mind, she's paying me for a change! LOL

Power through the night to finish the series, it's worth it :)

Wish I could im sky+ it on TG4 so it will be another few weeks before I finish it, then hopefully they start season five straight away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Wish I could im sky+ it on TG4 so it will be another few weeks before I finish it, then hopefully they start season five straight away.

Watch it online :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I agree with Melion, should be watching that now. It's amazing. I started near the end of Season 4 and I had the whole thing. I'd come home and decide to watch one episode and suddenly it'd be 6 hours later.

I always thought it'd be cool if they did a spin off with Mike. He'd just so damn badass.

Hopper and Walken in True Romance is amazing. I love the amount of big actors in tiny roles. One thing I love about watching oldish (80s/90s) films is seeing current in small roles. Was watching The Faculty the other night and it was just full of big actors in what must have some of their first big roles.

Never seen True Romance, heard it was good though.

I liked Hopper in Red Rock West though. J.T. Walsh was cool in that too.

Watch it online :)
    Orim wrote: »
    I agree with Melion, should be watching that now. It's amazing. I started near the end of Season 4 and I had the whole thing. I'd come home and decide to watch one episode and suddenly it'd be 6 hours later.

I always thought it'd be cool if they did a spin off with Mike. He'd just so damn badass.

Hopper and Walken in True Romance is amazing. I love the amount of big actors in tiny roles. One thing I love about watching oldish (80s/90s) films is seeing current in small roles. Was watching The Faculty the other night and it was just full of big actors in what must have some of their first big roles.

Yeh Im just not big on watching things online really :o, I think its because Im not tech savvy enough to connect the laptop to the tv, its the small screen that stops me most the time. Speaking of which I have to drop my new laptop to up to currys tomorrow it keeps crashing due to some fault and its not even four weeks old yet :mad:.

The Faculty now theres a film i haven't seen in a long time does it stand the test of time?
    Never seen True Romance, heard it was good though.

I liked Hopper in Red Rock West though. J.T. Walsh was cool in that too.

Have to check out True Romance it is pure class :), Red Rock West never seen it any good?

Anytime I think of Dennis Hopper I automatically think of Super Mario Bros.

The Faculty now theres a film i haven't seen in a long time does it stand the test of time?

Jeez, haven't watched that in a while and I have it here! LOL
    Have to check out True Romance it is pure class :), Red Rock West never seen it any good?

Yeah, it's not bad at all. Nicolas Cage in it too. Good story.
    Anytime I think of Dennis Hopper I automatically think of Super Mario Bros.

Really? Anytime I think of Hopper, I think of Speed. "It's gonna be a VERY pretty day..." :pac:

I'd never seen it before but I enjoyed it. The SFX stood up well and it was an enjoyable little alien takeover romp. Have to wonder if Wes Craven was a fan with the element of using bodysnatchers to analyse the situation.

For me Hopper will always be an Easy Rider.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Why am I doing duck face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

that awkward moment when you're the person picked to pose for promotional photos. kill me now. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    that awkward moment when you're the person picked to pose for promotional photos. kill me now. :(

I hate that crap.My photo on the company website looks like a mugshot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I hate that crap.My photo on the company website looks like a mugshot :D

I was told I had to smile, so they took a photo of me grinning like a loon. as well as that, my uniform is miles too big cause they're waiting on a delivery of smaller sizes, so i look like I'm wearing a bin bag with a logo. i swear, if it makes the website, I'll crack up. :pac: I know its going into a local paper, but i don't care about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If it makes ye feel better I once had a tattoo photoshopped out of a promotional poster because "it was a bit gay"

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I was told I had to smile, so they took a photo of me grinning like a loon. as well as that, my uniform is miles too big cause they're waiting on a delivery of smaller sizes, so i look like I'm wearing a bin bag with a logo. i swear, if it makes the website, I'll crack up. :pac: I know its going into a local paper, but i don't care about that :)

You HAVE to get a copy and stick it up!! :P

Really? Anytime I think of Hopper, I think of Speed. "It's gonna be a VERY pretty day..." :pac:

Yeh I think its because as a kid i loved Super Mario Bros and must have watched that film countless times :o. He was brilliant in Speed though.

Just seen this in the film forum a Disney short its pretty cool :)

I love paperman! Seen it twice in 3d now, before wreck it Ralph. Love that film too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it makes ye feel better I once had a tattoo photoshopped out of a promotional poster because "it was a bit gay"
    Your lotus flower?

I love paperman! Seen it twice in 3d now, before wreck it Ralph. Love that film too :D

Ugh I hate 3D with a passion cant wait for the current trend of it die out, buthave been hearing great things about Wreck it Ralph and how it the computers Toy Story which is high praise to receive.

On a Stone Roses love buzz today cant stop listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Love that film short, so sweet :) what I love most about them is that very little sound is used and they still convey so much emotion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Your lotus flower?

nothing wrong with my lotus flowers but no the love heart

Ugh I hate 3D with a passion cant wait for the current trend of it die out, buthave been hearing great things about Wreck it Ralph and how it the computers Toy Story which is high praise to receive.

3D is awesome! Love films that are filmed in 3D, so immersing. And love playing my 3DS games. Think you are sadly mistaken about this being a trend that will die, sweet pea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have to side with Marty on this. I hate 3D movies and the like, a lot of that is because of companies re-releasing older films just to jam a bit of 3D in it so they can try to get a bit more money.

Do you appreciate the films shot in 3D though? I think they can be great!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not really. Seems fairly needless to me, with all the shots thrown in to try and make the 3D have even a slight point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

3D is awesome! Love films that are filmed in 3D, so immersing. And love playing my 3DS games. Think you are sadly mistaken about this being a trend that will die, sweet pea!

Only saw my first 3D film recently. Up until then I've been complaining about it being such a gimmick and not getting what the big deal is. However after having finally seen something in it I take it all back. I love it and think it's adds something else to the experience. That said I do think it is used in films that it adds nothing to sometimes just to try get more people in. I do feel it's here to stay.

That said if you really hate 3D films but keep getting dragged to them you oculd always buy yourself a pair of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

In my experience, 3D only works on an Imax screen. No point in regular cinemas, sometimes looks like blurred lines rather than 3D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement