Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

3D is awesome! Love films that are filmed in 3D, so immersing. And love playing my 3DS games. Think you are sadly mistaken about this being a trend that will die, sweet pea!

I don't think I am sadly mistaken 3D has come and gone many times with it never lasting ;) its a trend nothing more each time it has been branded the best thing since slice bread and each time it has faded away this time will be no different, look in the films forum on here and the hate for 3D far outweighs those that like it, in fact there only one regular poster in there who has a love for it. I think its a gimmick and have seen some the films were 3D is at its supposed finest in Avatar and hated it, to the point I refuse to go see a film in 3D at all these days its add nothing to the movie going experience.

So new laptop has been taken in to find out the problem its not even a month old yet :mad:, luckily the mother is off to South Africa for just over three weeks so Ill have hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well the Boards film forum must not be the people filling the seats in cinemas so! Taking into consideration both the box office sales of recent 3D releases and the investments studios are making into 3D technology it ain't going anywhere soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well the Boards film forum must not be the people filling the seats in cinemas so! Taking into consideration both the box office sales of recent 3D releases and the investments studios are making into 3D technology it ain't going anywhere soon!

People go the cinema regardless a lot of people have no choice but hate 3D so have to watch it, time will tell im confident illl be right on this one ;), there is a brilliant post in the film forum on 3D it sums it all up perfectly. Ill see if i can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I know someone who can't see 3d. It just looks like a normal film to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I can't cos of colour blidness. It just gives me a headache

• Advertisement

I don't think he's colourblind. He has glasses though so maybe it is something to do with his sight. A lot of people have problems with it causing headaches I think.

People go the cinema regardless a lot of people have no choice but hate 3D so have to watch it, time will tell im confident illl be right on this one ;), there is a brilliant post in the film forum on 3D it sums it all up perfectly. Ill see if i can find it.

If they are paying to see it then the studios are gonna keep making them! 3D is the best weapon against piracy these days, so they will continue to be made.

Have you seen the hobbit? I thought it was the best looking film I have ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I really need to go see the Hobbit. You just reminded me, PP. :)

I'm not a fan of 3D films but tbh that is purely because the 3D glasses don't fit over my own glasses, and I'm too blind to go without my own glasses. :pac:

Have you seen the hobbit? I thought it was the best looking film I have ever seen!

It really did add to the visuals. I can't even describe how it just looked so pretty...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I really need to go see the Hobbit. You just reminded me, PP. :)

I'm not a fan of 3D films but tbh that is purely because the 3D glasses don't fit over my own glasses, and I'm too blind to go without my own glasses. :pac:

I've been meaning to watch that on 1channel but my computer keeps crapping out on me.

Haven't had a regular smoke in about a week, those ecig things seem to be working

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to watch that on 1channel but my computer keeps crapping out on me.

Haven't had a regular smoke in about a week, those ecig things seem to be working

Believe it or not, the majority of my customers have said the same. I bought my sister a starter pack and a pack of filters today and she hasn't had a smoke since opening those, and she'd normally smoke around 30 a day. What strength are you on?

Also, come buy your refills from me. I'm deadly. :cool: Tbh, I'm killing my targets this week anyway. :D

Believe it or not, the majority of my customers have said the same. I bought my sister a starter pack and a pack of filters today and she hasn't had a smoke since opening those, and she'd normally smoke around 30 a day. What strength are you on?

Also, come buy your refills from me. I'm deadly. :cool: Tbh, I'm killing my targets this week anyway. :D

On the 16 meg ones, don't like the tobaco flavour ones but loving the menthol ones.
    Lol, where's your shop?

On the 16 meg ones, don't like the tobaco flavour ones but loving the menthol ones.
    Lol, where's your shop?

Yeah, loads of people are saying they don't smoke menthols, but prefer the menthol refills, which is strange. :pac: 16 isn't bad, most people go for the 24 and end up coming back into me with really sore throats, after I tell them to go for the 16. :pac:

It's in Donaghmede. I also do loyalty cards. ;) I'm one of only two staff there, and the only one under 40, with tattoos, so not too hard to find. ;)

Yeah, loads of people are saying they don't smoke menthols, but prefer the menthol refills, which is strange. :pac: 16 isn't bad, most people go for the 24 and end up coming back into me with really sore throats, after I tell them to go for the 16. :pac:

It's in Donaghmede. I also do loyalty cards. ;) I'm one of only two staff there, and the only one under 40, with tattoos, so not too hard to find. ;)

Donaghmede? Jesus haven't been there in years, so much so that I've lost my accent :pac:

Donaghmede? Jesus haven't been there in years, so much so that I've lost my accent :pac:

I live nearby, but have never had the accent. The only time it appears is when I'm seriously annoyed, or when I'm extremely drunk. Marty has laughed at it the few times he's heard it, because it's so unlike my usual accent, I usually speak in a way that'd be considered posh. :pac:

Sure come on out for nostalgia's sake, and buy some refills while you're at it. :p

I'm taking to this sales rep bollocks too easily.... :(

I'm out of wine! Why did I offer to split a bottle :(

I live nearby, but have never had the accent. The only time it appears is when I'm seriously annoyed, or when I'm extremely drunk. Marty has laughed at it the few times he's heard it, because it's so unlike my usual accent, I usually speak in a way that'd be considered posh. :pac:

Sure come on out for nostalgia's sake, and buy some refills while you're at it. :p

I'm taking to this sales rep bollocks too easily.... :(

My accent is just plain weird, sometimes its pure Dublin, sometimes its posh southside, sometimes its country :confused:

It happens once commission is involved, been there, done that, have several tshirts :o

Might have to do that, bought too many tobacco refills and not enough menthol ones.

The only time it appears is when I'm seriously annoyed, or when I'm extremely drunk.

What is with accents strengthening with anger/alcohol? I find it so funny how strong my Mexican friend's accent gets when she's angry. She says she can't hear her accent normally but even she notices it when she's angry.

My accent is just plain weird, sometimes its pure Dublin, sometimes its posh southside, sometimes its country :confused:

It happens once commission is involved, been there, done that, have several tshirts :o

Might have to do that, bought too many tobacco refills and not enough menthol ones.

I don't actually care about commission, my commission is feck all. I get wages, which is all I care about tbh. I just genuinely see people every day that are getting off the smokes with these, so I'm kind of happy for them. Suppose it's good to believe in what you're selling. :pac:

Hmm. If you have any unopened boxes of 5 refills, I should (not 100% sure) be able to change them for boxes of menthols.

@killer_banana - thing is, my accent isn't even getting stronger, so to speak. It's changing! I'm pretty well spoken (thank you years of stupid elocution classes :rolleyes: ), but I turn into a pure northsider when I'm drunk or annoyed. I don't really know why. I remember the first time Marty heard it (he can't remember, he was drunk), I was walking home after a night out and he was on the phone to me. I was drunk, and some guys flung a bottle of beer from their car at my head. I roared 'you fcuking cnuts' at them in a REALLY thick northside accent, and Marty heard it as I was still on a call to him. His reaction was 'ahahahaha, northsider.' My friends all react that way, only one of them is actually used to it happening. :pac:

I don't actually care about commission, my commission is feck all. I get wages, which is all I care about tbh. I just genuinely see people every day that are getting off the smokes with these, so I'm kind of happy for them. Suppose it's good to believe in what you're selling. :pac:

Hmm. If you have any unopened boxes of 5 refills, I should (not 100% sure) be able to change them for boxes of menthols.

@killer_banana - thing is, my accent isn't even getting stronger, so to speak. It's changing! I'm pretty well spoken (thank you years of stupid elocution classes :rolleyes: ), but I turn into a pure northsider when I'm drunk or annoyed. I don't really know why. I remember the first time Marty heard it (he can't remember, he was drunk), I was walking home after a night out and he was on the phone to me. I was drunk, and some guys flung a bottle of beer from their car at my head. I roared 'you fcuking cnuts' at them in a REALLY thick northside accent, and Marty heard it as I was still on a call to him. His reaction was 'ahahahaha, northsider.' My friends all react that way, only one of them is actually used to it happening. :pac:

Ah sound, if ye can do that that'd be savage :) I could pop in on Weds, I'd be wearing a suit though so you'd have to promise not to laugh at me :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah sound, if ye can do that that'd be savage :) I could pop in on Weds, I'd be wearing a suit though so you'd have to promise not to laugh at me :pac:

Can you do me a favour? Take a photo of your refill boxes, just so I can verify that the ones sold online are the same packaging as the ones I'm selling. If they are, I can definitely change them. I'm the only one in on Wednesday anyway, I'm 10-6 AFAIK. :)

I won't laugh at you if you don't laugh at me! I'll be wearing a hoodie that looks more like a bin bag because it's so big on me, and I have dark red hair atm, and am chubby with tattoos. :pac:

Can you do me a favour? Take a photo of your refill boxes, just so I can verify that the ones sold online are the same packaging as the ones I'm selling. If they are, I can definitely change them. I'm the only one in on Wednesday anyway, I'm 10-6 AFAIK. :)

I won't laugh at you if you don't laugh at me! I'll be wearing a hoodie that looks more like a bin bag because it's so big on me, and I have dark red hair atm, and am chubby with tattoos. :pac:

Deal :)

It's this packaging: 1ZZRQ that the same one?

Deal :)

It's this packaging: 1ZZRQ that the same one?

Yup, that's the one! :)

I' 99% sure I can change any unopened boxes you have (they have plastic wrapping on them, yeah?). I'll be chatting to my area manager tomorrow morning when I'm in, so I'll double check with him then, but should be fine 'cause we don't sell many menthols and are running out of the tobacco flavoured ones. :pac:

Yup, that's the one! :)

I' 99% sure I can change any unopened boxes you have (they have plastic wrapping on them, yeah?). I'll be chatting to my area manager tomorrow morning when I'm in, so I'll double check with him then, but should be fine 'cause we don't sell many menthols and are running out of the tobacco flavoured ones. :pac:

Urgh, eh one of them does ha. Is it just the tobacco and menthol ones that ye do?

Urgh, eh one of them does ha. Is it just the tobacco and menthol ones that ye do?

Balls, I'm pretty sure it's only the ones in the plastic that I can change, but again, I'll check that out in the morning for ya. :)

Pretty much. We do rollie flavour too, which most people are saying tastes more like a 'normal' cigarette than the tobacco flavoured one, weirdly enough.

I have one of every strength/flavour open anyway if you wanna give any of them a try. :) And I have to wander around smoking a 0% nicotine one because I don't smoke anymore (cold turkey is horrendous!), but have to use an e-cig to advertise. :pac:

Balls, I'm pretty sure it's only the ones in the plastic that I can change, but again, I'll check that out in the morning for ya. :)

Pretty much. We do rollie flavour too, which most people are saying tastes more like a 'normal' cigarette than the tobacco flavoured one, weirdly enough.

I have one of every strength/flavour open anyway if you wanna give any of them a try. :) And I have to wander around smoking a 0% nicotine one because I don't smoke anymore (cold turkey is horrendous!), but have to use an e-cig to advertise. :pac:

That sounds rough as hell if you're in the middle of quitting.

Lol could end up there for ages so :p

That sounds rough as hell if you're in the middle of quitting.

Lol could end up there for ages so :p

Ah, it's actually fine. I get so many people telling me their life stories that it turns me off smoking 'cause I get 'I was smoking turty tree year til I tried deez tings, bleedin' good so dey are.' Kind of turns me off smoking. :pac: Using the 0% nicotine 'smoke' is horrible though, really makes me psychologically want a smoke, even though I have no nicotine craving because I've gotten past the worst of the cravings. :(

Ha, yeah we have people who want to come in and use them all day. After a while, I kind of have to tell them nicely to feck off. :pac:

Ah, it's actually fine. I get so many people telling me their life stories that it turns me off smoking 'cause I get 'I was smoking turty tree year til I tried deez tings, bleedin' good so dey are.' Kind of turns me off smoking. :pac: Using the 0% nicotine 'smoke' is horrible though, really makes me psychologically want a smoke, even though I have no nicotine craving because I've gotten past the worst of the cravings. :(

Ha, yeah we have people who want to come in and use them all day. After a while, I kind of have to tell them nicely to feck off. :pac:

Freeloaders eh? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. What's the story?

Was down in Tesco earlier and bought the new Resident Evil movie. Have it on now. It's eh.....not as lively as the others. The acting seems strained or something. confused.png

Had the kids for the first time since Christmas too. Was nice to see them. Had some food and fun with them. :D

• Advertisement

Why, every time I decide to change my hair, to I fall in love with hair cuts which would make me un-hireable. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement