Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm drunk. Just slightly. :D

I'm still very disappointed in y'all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Why, every time I decide to change my hair, to I fall in love with hair cuts which would make me un-hireable. :(

I want pink hair back. I was gonna see if my office would go for me doing shave or dye this month, but there's still parts of my hair pink from last time I put it in, last September :/

Speaking of rants! Got my fringe trimmed yesterday by a stylist who wasn't my regular woman and I mentioned how damn fast my hair grows and she says, she say, "you must hate that with your roots" Well exsqueeze me! My blonde isn't from a bottle like your's missy.

Insult!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well the Boards film forum must not be the people filling the seats in cinemas so! Taking into consideration both the box office sales of recent 3D releases and the investments studios are making into 3D technology it ain't going anywhere soon!

Sorry for the delay got eh well drunk smile.png. How is everyone enjoying there Sunday?

here is the two posts I was thinking of and these guys seriously know there films

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82891511&postcount=800

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82891899&postcount=802

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

240398.png

Stuck in work! and I'm bloody dying :( 2 days straight on the lash!! getting old body cant handle it anymore! thank god its quite today!!

Anyone here know anything about consumer rights?

Since im borrowing the mothers laptop while she's away she is banging on about how never mind there own 21 days return policy since my laptop is only four weeks old and is in being looked at due to a fault I should be due a refund or new replacement? Im clueless :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Since im borrowing the mothers laptop while she's away she is banging on about how never mind there own 21 days return policy since my laptop is only four weeks old and is in being looked at due to a fault I should be due a refund or new replacement? Im clueless :o.
    AFAIK, they're entitled to offer refund, replacement or repair. I think it's at the shop/merchants discretion which one they offer.

For what it's worth, I love *well done* 3D in movies. Primarily those that are filmed in 3D, or animated ones generated in 3D. Conversions are generally poor, and suffer the pop-up-book effect. Best conversion I've seen was Thor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

all electronic goods in the EU come with a 2 year warrenty by law. Was a big kick up over the xbox S only coming with 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

the shop, no matter how ol the product is, can offer a repair, replacement or refund. currys have a store policy of replacement within six weeks, so i dunno why they didn't do that tbh, but they're within the law to repair it, but the repair must be permanent.

god, work is so quiet, im bored off my trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

AFAIK, they're entitled to offer refund, replacement or repair. I think it's at the shop/merchants discretion which one they offer.

I had a monitor that was faulty straight out of the box, sent it back and was told it'd have to go for repair and that it would take months before I'd have it back. It was absolute piss taking and couldn't believe something that was unuseable would need to go back for repair. I rang up a consumer affairs hotline and they told me I didn't have to agree to a repair if I felt it was unreasonable and could demand a replacement or refund. So I called back the place I got the monitor from, and repeated what the consumer affairs people told me, so then they offer me a refund or a replacement. Got my replacement in a few days and boom, it lasted for years. ;)

It's up to the merchants, but you don't have to agree to it if it's unreasonable.

Links234 wrote: »
    I had a monitor
    that was faulty straight out of the box, sent it back and was told it'd
    have to go for repair and that it would take months before I'd have it
    back. It was absolute piss taking and couldn't believe something that
    was unuseable would need to go back for repair. I rang up a consumer
    affairs hotline and they told me I didn't have to agree to a repair if I
    felt it was unreasonable and could demand a replacement or refund. So I
    called back the place I got the monitor from, and repeated what the
    consumer affairs people told me, so then they offer me a refund or a
    replacement. Got my replacement in a few days and boom, it lasted for
    years. ;)

It's up to the merchants, but you don't have to agree to it if it's
    unreasonable.

Anything over ten working days is considered unreasonable, so you were fully entitled to a replacement, as repair time frames must be reasonable.

• Advertisement

ah! didn't know there was an exact time frame for being unreasonable, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I want pink hair back. I was gonna see if my office would go for me doing shave or dye this month, but there's still parts of my hair pink from last time I put it in, last September :/

Speaking of rants! Got my fringe trimmed yesterday by a stylist who wasn't my regular woman and I mentioned how damn fast my hair grows and she says, she say, "you must hate that with your roots" Well exsqueeze me! My blonde isn't from a bottle like your's missy.

Insult!

What dye did you use? Some silicone based ones essentially stick the hair if you use heat on them. Also I think blonde hair has a tendency to 'stain'. I want to shave part of my head so if I had a job already then I might ask to do shave or dye but as it currently stands I have nothing. I've always wanted to dye my hair a crazy colour as well.

Well in fairness, since it a recessive gene, natural blondes are literally facing extinction. I think I've only ever met one natural blonde. I was blonde as a child but then my hair turned brown and I've spent the last five or so years trying to turn my hair ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 anuksunamon

I'm ginger at the moment working up the courage to go fire engine red:p

I've been tempted to dye mine black :p

Cheers peoples :), in fairness they have told me three days and I should have it back although in saying that the technician couldn't tell me what the problem was he had to diagnose it but couldn't tell what error report I was receiving was :(, just not to happy with a new laptop having issues after a couple of weeks doesn't inspire confidence.

I had black hair to which my mother told me 'jaysus you look sick'

I had it done black years ago and I loved it ;)

really should do it again some time

Yeah i thought i was rockin the black but apparently with my lovely irish tan i was sorely mistaken

I'm fairly pale, and it worked well. ;)

but I can be a bit of a goth anyway so

right now I'm desperately drooling over a new pair of boots that I really wanna get :D

right now im desperately drooling over a raspberry coloured kitchenaid artisan mixer......purely for aesthetic reasons......

i really need to get out more !!!!

• Advertisement

not a bad thing to be drooling over ;)

good mixer can be useful

I'm so pale, I look like a ghost, and I look good with black hair, tbh, not sickly at all. I dyed my hair dark red a few days ago, but have decided I hate it, so I'm going to dye it again in a few days.

Good god, work was horrendous. At least I got to close up early and go home. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Jaysus, hair dyes!! :rolleyes: Herself changes her colour every few months.

Here's the pink she had during the summer, it'll be going back this way again soon.

240474.jpg

And this is the atomic red she had before it...

240478.jpg

It's kinda purple now, no pics. But already plans to change in the next while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Most exciting thing to happen to me lately?
    My dress for my cousin's christening arrived AND I got an electric blanket to help with soothing my chroniclly cold toes.
    I'm hoping to go to the beers in April so I can chat to folks and see about getting a recommended a studio/artist.
    I also could do with a decent pair of waterproof boots as my current pair look nice but are completely soluble. :( I'm thinking of getting a simple pair of black hiking boots in Guineys as I can't afford Doc Martens but then again, if anyone can recommend anywhere that does them cheap...

Here's the pink she had during the summer, it'll be going back this way again soon.

I like her!

I've had *deep breath*: blonde (naturally blonde), red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, lilac, white, black, brown, auburn, turquoise, purple, blue-black, and pretty much any other colour you can think of! I had it in a rainbow at one point! :)

Lads. Post things to make me smile. I'm in a rotten mood today and was last night, too. :(

On the plus side, two days off work, wahey!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Most exciting thing to happen to me lately?
    My dress for my cousin's christening arrived AND I got an electric blanket to help with soothing my chroniclly cold toes.
    I'm hoping to go to the beers in April so I can chat to folks and see about getting a recommended a studio/artist.
    I also could do with a decent pair of waterproof boots as my current pair look nice but are completely soluble. :( I'm thinking of getting a simple pair of black hiking boots in Guineys as I can't afford Doc Martens but then again, if anyone can recommend anywhere that does them cheap...

Penneys do mock Doc Martins for 20 euro in red, black, pink and glittery black. They take about a week or two to properly break in, just to warn you. Think they do up to a size 9, I only wear a 5 so not 100% sure.

i've always wanted the blue/black but it never really turned out properly .............love that atomic red but im just afraid i will look like bosco and 70's bowie love child.......

i've always wanted the blue/black but it never really turned out properly .............love that atomic read but im just afraid i will look like bosco and 70's bowie love child.......

What brands did you use? The only one that worked properly for me was Schwarzkopf, though I usually HATE their dyes with a passion. :pac:

And this is the atomic red she had before it...

240478.jpg

Hair talk goes woosh over my head :cool:, but im liking that monkey she's working on :) looks cool. I'd love to be able to do something like that.

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a simple pair of black hiking boots in Guineys as I can't afford Doc Martens but then again, if anyone can recommend anywhere that does them cheap...

what's your price range?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement