Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Oh, I forgot. @McChubbin, aside from Penneys, Motive (in the back of the Ilac) do fake Docs in about 10 different colours, both calf length and knee high, from 15-30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 anuksunamon

i've stopped using the home hair dye's since the fiasco of blue/black 2008 I now have a lovely hairdresser who hacked off my long hair in 2010 gave me a funky pixie cut dyed it light auburn colour and i haven't look back;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

but im liking that monkey she's working on :) looks cool. I'd love to be able to do something like that.

One of many things she's done (painting/sculpting etc) here's the finished item...

240481.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hoooome! Getting ready to start my training in the morning. Nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I've only ever had various shades of red and a blackish brown colour. I tried going purple once and it came out red. I'd like to something mental but again being hireable and all that jazz... As I earlier said I'd love to be ginger but still no luck getting there.

I've used a lot of schwarzkopf dyes and they really damaged my hair. My own fault really but they only cost a fiver. I used a different one now which is meant to all natural. I forget the name but you can only get it in chemists and its comes in a white and green box. I don't know if it's as natural as it claims but it doesn't dry out my hair, I know that much. I used henna once which was grand but sitting around for a minimum of four hours with mood on my head wasn't the most pleasant. Also I managed to dye my hands orange with it.

• Advertisement

I've only ever had various shades of red and a blackish brown colour. I tried going purple once and it came out red. I'd like to something mental but again being hireable and all that jazz... As I earlier said I'd love to be ginger but still no luck getting there.

I've used a lot of schwarzkopf dyes and they really damaged my hair. My own fault really but they only cost a fiver. I used a different one now which is meant to all natural. I forget the name but you can only get it in chemists and its comes in a white and green box. I don't know if it's as natural as it claims but it doesn't dry out my hair, I know that much. I used henna once which was grand but sitting around for a minimum of four hours with mood on my head wasn't the most pleasant. Also I managed to dye my hands orange with it.

The reason Schwarzkopf damage your hair is because they have massive amounts of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide in them, moreso than most other box dyes. My uncle's a hairdresser, so I got him to teach me to dye my hair properly after a bleaching incident saw me wearing a wig for 6 weeks when I was a teenager. :pac:

I've absolutely never found crazy hair colours to be a deterrent when it comes to employers hiring me. my manager actually complimented me on my newly red hair when he saw me today. :pac:

The main thing to look for in dyes is ones that have no, or low levels of ammonia/hydrogen peroxide. A brand called Olia (I think) is a new one out that has no ammonia. They do have peroxide, but I find the really good and my hair is in perfect condition after using one, whereas normally my hair dries out like crazy for a week after dyeing it.

Also did henna hair dye years ago when i was a teenager and also managed to dye my hands and nails a lovely shade of violet which after scrubbing the bejaysus out of them faded to a nice scruffy shade of ' i haven't washed my hands in a while'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yes Home Alone is on E4 :), feels strange watching it at this time of the year also strange time for it to be on but feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Penneys do mock Doc Martins for 20 euro in red, black, pink and glittery black. They take about a week or two to properly break in, just to warn you. Think they do up to a size 9, I only wear a 5 so not 100% sure.
    A size 9? Sometimes I can JUST squeeze me foot into a Penneys size 9 but in general, I'm lucky if I can get into a size 10 pair of men's canvas tops in that bloody shop.

EDIT: @ Links324: My price range is around €50, 60 at a push. I might check out that place in the Ilac though. I usually take a size 44 europeon or a men's size ten but I have massive calves so the knee-highs are out. :(

McChubbin wrote: »
    A size 9? Sometimes I can JUST squeeze me foot into a Penneys size 9 but in general, I'm lucky if I can get into a size 10 pair of men's canvas tops in that bloody shop.

Could check the bloke's section, but I don't know of any shop that sells them past a size 8/9 except for real doc martins.

• Advertisement

love these not that im big into butterflies and teddy bears just love the style of them.

560259_614337505250352_1790445095_n.jpg

536129_544233555594081_1638100327_n.jpg

and this is how I feel right now hate hungover Sundays

meFHe29490.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS5A20w-dUm9lKhjx9lTz6SvTO_0F6-GqDGU8eK4R5tG6LbItBmQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Who did those?? Love the butterfly

Melion wrote: »
    Who did those?? Love the butterfly

Ivana if your on facebook here is a link to her page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ivana-Tattoo-Art/208943449123095?ref=ts&fref=ts

Ivana if your on facebook here is a link to her page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ivana-Tattoo-Art/208943449123095?ref=ts&fref=ts

She is kinda Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Very very annoyed at a few English lads who were incredibly ungracious in victory earlier today. Something about hearing the words 'Paddy' and 'potato' being said in a mocking English accent is like waving a red flag towards a bull to me.

Moving house is horrible :(
    I have a ridiculous amount of clothes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

P_1 wrote: »
    Very very annoyed at a few English lads who were incredibly ungracious in victory earlier today. Something about hearing the words 'Paddy' and 'potato' being said in a mocking English accent is like waving a red flag towards a bull to me.

Sports really brings out the worst in people, it's horrible. I've never really liked English rugby fans though, they seem to have a bit of a superiority complex ( or at least the ones I've met have).

90% of rugby fans have a superiority complex, not just English ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well maybe they are just worse than the others I know, so it's more obvious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Irish rugby fans would have been soooo much worse if Ireland had won yesterday. Last time Ireland bet England in rugby people were talking about it like Ireland had secured independence again. The hatred. T'was pure cringe.

• Advertisement

Like I said, sports tend to bring out the worst in people.

Happy Monday everyone!

Never mind. :( Howyis.

How's it going PKM?

Denny M wrote: »
    How's it going PKM?

What's the story? Feck all happening here. Back into hospital tomorrow to get results of the CT scan and get a decision on surgery (or not) hopefully not. Apart from that, ordered pads and shoes to do the brakes on the car so I can get her in for the NCT. :rolleyes:

Likewise, not a whole pile going on. Lots of people talking about the rat faced fellow stepping down as pope though, so I guess that's news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Links234 wrote: »

They are wellllll creepy!!! :confused:

Awww, I think they're cute :)

what do they do when your angry? horny? hungry? generally have a pain in your backside with the injustice of not fitting into that tight dress from all the crunchies one has consumed?

• Advertisement

no clue! I guess we'll have to find out :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement