Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The thing I hate most about that isn't the fact that it was done with guns, it's that the kid was so young. I hate parents either getting it done, or letting the kid get it done when the kid is barely out of nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Denny M wrote: »
    The thing I hate most about that isn't the fact that it was done with guns, it's that the kid was so young. I hate parents either getting it done, or letting the kid get it done when the kid is barely out of nappies.
    Worse when they're very small babies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Worse when they're very small babies!!!

My little girl had hers done in that same place just before Christmas, and yes, i know all about piercings with guns etc, but I don't think a 7 year old would appreciate her ears being pierced with a needle.

However, it was her choice, she was old enough to know whether she wanted them or not and all her little friends in school had them so she was happy enough. I would have preferred her to wait until she was older but hey.....

At 7, she already wants to know can she have more piercings (she won't be getting anymore until she's an adult) and when can she have her first tattoo.... Anyone think her mammy may be a bit of a bad influence?? LOL :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Reminds me of a friend of a friend who's got 3MM spirals in her four year old sons ears.

Appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Reminds me of a friend of a friend who's got 3MM spirals in her four year old sons ears.

Appalling.

You think it's appalling i allowed my 7 year old to have her ears pierced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yes I do actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

BadGirl wrote: »

I don't a gun was a good option. I understand totally it was her choice but def you should have brought her to a good place.

I got mine done with a gun when I was 7 and I was actually traumatised. They got infected not soon after so I took them out and let them close up and didn't get them re pierced till I was 22 I had such a bad memory of that first time. I can remember they did the first ear and I begged them not to do the second but went through with it.

Which is mad cause I love the feel the needle now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I wasn't replying to you or referencing your post. I was talking about someone who is stretching her toddlers ears.

I wasn't replying to you or referencing your post. I was talking about someone who is stretching her toddlers ears.
    Now THAT is appalling! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Denny M wrote: »

When i worked there a woman brought in her THREE WEEK OLD BABY and wanted us to pierce her ears. I was told to politely tel her we couldn't do it. Politely. I could have killed her. She was genuinely put out that we wouldn't do it too.

Appalling.

Thats very cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

You can only do so much to stop it though. My niece begged my sister to let her get her ears pierced at 7 years old. My sister asked for my advice, and went against it and got them done in a jewellery shop. All I could do was ensure she didn't use surgical spirits to clean her piercings afterwards :rolleyes:

I hope you're all showing off your tattoos that you got at the convention!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Appalling.

:eek:that is all

i had mine pierced at 4
    Now THAT is appalling! :mad:

diabolical baxtards them. wtf would a tiny kiddy be wanting with stretched ears ffs
    jenizzle wrote: »
    You can only do so much to stop it though. My niece begged my sister to let her get her ears pierced at 7 years old. My sister asked for my advice, and went against it and got them done in a jewellery shop. All I could do was ensure she didn't use surgical spirits to clean her piercings afterwards :rolleyes:

I hope you're all showing off your tattoos that you got at the convention!

i think mine were cleaned with spirits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Some incredible pictures of tattoo's done at the convention starting to filter in through facebook and here. I'm seething with jealousy!!

There were some awesome pieces done alright! In awe of some of them!

This probably deserves a thread of it's own, but can't hurt to have it here either...

From Snakebite Dublin:
    We were robbed over the weekend and the scumbags got away with most of Seán's and Denise's machines and more!
    Please spread the word to anyone you know working in the business to be on the lookout for stolen equipment being offered for sale to tattoo shops around the country.
    The list includes:
    Eikon EMS300 power supply
    Micky Sharpz Mikrodial #16491
    Stigma Fly (silver)
    Starr black rotary (gem classic)
    FK Irons AL13 Galaxie colour packer
    Dragonfly (purple)
    Swashdrive Whip
    Kingpin Dial Liner
    Kingpin U-shape shader
    Gem Rotary
    Micky Sharpz Dial liner and shader
    Workhouse Iron Feather shader
    Please contact us if you are offered any of these items.
    Please share, thanks very much

Hope they get their equipment back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

This probably deserves a thread of it's own, but can't hurt to have it here either...

From Snakebite Dublin:

Hope they get their equipment back!

That's disgraceful!! Hope they get some (if not all) of their stuff back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I don't a gun was a good option. I understand totally it was her choice but def you should have brought her to a good place.

I don't know of an reputable places that will pierce kids ears though. I get why piercers have issues with it but I also understand parents who give into their kids. I got my ears pierced when I was eight and my mum initially said that I was too young and had to wait. After months and months of me pestering her she took me to get them done and I don't blame her. She wasn't getting a moment of peace till I had holes in my ears. :P

Personally I think, if the kid is old enough to request ear piercings themselves then piercers should pierce them. Either way it's going to be done, better a needle than a gun surely. Also if piercing studios were offering lobe piercings for under eighteens it might raise awareness of how bad guns actually are.

That's just my two cents though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Forgive the noob question, but cliffnotes on why piercing guns are so terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

keane2097 wrote: »
    Forgive the noob question, but cliffnotes on why piercing guns are so terrible?

1. The gun can't be sterilised properly. Needles can be autoclaved whereas the gun itself can't.

2. It uses blunt force trauma to pierce the ear. A needle will slice cleanly through the skin but a gun just rams the (blunt in comparison to a needle) stud through the ear causing a lot of trauma and pressure.

3. The studs used in piercing guns are blunt in comparison to a piercing needle and are usually too short and unsuitable for a fresh piercing.

4. If they are used to pierce cartilage this can cause the cartilage to shatter which can cause ear collapse and leave you with a deformed ear.

Sounds pretty awful alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I updated my blog

go on, go see

http://vandallaureate.blogspot.com/

Some nice designs there!
    Missing Ireland yet? ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd love to get the "slow down" one. It's awesome.

More awesome tattoos to perv on! Is it just me, or has the standard improved 10 fold in the last few months? It could even be that more people are more willing to post their work, but still...

More awesome tattoos to perv on! Is it just me, or has the standard improved 10 fold in the last few months? It could even be that more people are more willing to post their work, but still...

I honestly think the standard has increased over the last few years, as people get bolder and look for more from their artists, which in turn let's them develop their skills as well!

I suppose you have the social aspect too, it's more acceptable for people to have tattoos too, people aren't as fearful of a 'big' tattoo. I welcome this change anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I suppose you have the social aspect too, it's more acceptable for people to have tattoos too, people aren't as fearful of a 'big' tattoo. I welcome this change anyway :D

Absolutely! Even last night after training (boxing) when I was getting changed, I turned to see four young lads (about 16/17) standing with their mouths open. I asked what was wrong and they replied "that tattoo is SOOO cool!!" referring to the last big piece I got done. (Alien) :D

Do any of the shops around the city centre in Dublin do walk-ins on a Saturday?

Also, anyone care to make a guess how much I'm looking at to get something along these lines done:

4826380022ac17676459.jpg

I'd guess quite a few do, Snakebite only do walk in jobs on Saturday as far as I can recall. Certainly be worth calling a few places to check with the artists you like!
    My advice, if you're looking for a walk in appointment with anyone, be there when they open!

• Advertisement

I'd guess quite a few do, Snakebite only do walk in jobs on Saturday as far as I can recall. Certainly be worth calling a few places to check with the artists you like!
    My advice, if you're looking for a walk in appointment with anyone, be there when they open!

Thanks. It's not really the most complicated of pieces so I'm not too pushed about who does it (within reason obviously!).

I'll check out opening times in a few places (Wildcat, Dublin Ink, who else is there?) and stroll in Saturday to see can I get done :)

Care to hazard a guess how long it would take?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement