Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Melion wrote: »
    I get way more nervous before a piercing than a tattoo. I fúcking hate needles.

Remind me what a tattoo gun uses to get the ink in your skin.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Magic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A gun???

Those needles are completely different because you dont see them going into your skin.

A gun???

Those needles are completely different because you dont see them going into your skin.

close yer eyes!! I find it odd, I have a weird perversion where I like watching the needles pierce me. Though I ****ing hate injections

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Getting pierced is a great feeling.

Someone almost fainted watching me get pierced before :pac:

• Advertisement

close yer eyes!! I find it odd, I have a weird perversion where I like watching the needles pierce me. Though I ****ing hate injections

I like watching other people getting pierced, its strange.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm hoping to give blood later on, so good thing I'm fine with needles and blood :pac:

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm hoping to give blood later on, so good thing I'm fine with needles and blood :pac:

That is just about my ultimate nightmare.

That is just about my ultimate nightmare.

I'm not sure if I can yet to be honest. Last time I went, I couldn't donate cause I'd just started on some meds, and they didn't wanna take it so soon after starting them. I'm hoping I'll be ok to give some now, seeing as I've been on the meds about 2-3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac: Im the exact same when possible I love watching the needles pierce the skin and watch the tattoo evolve, although when getting injections I like watching that to for some reason it doesn't bother me in the slightest and I find it interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm the same as you Melion, tattoos are no bother generally, but I'm more likely to feel light headed before/during a piercing. Big needles and blood freak me out...

Hmm so this years Dublin Tattoo Convention is in the Red Cow nice and handy for me :), hopefully its a bit cheaper this year with no empty booths, and an artist list up with some notice. Ill be keeping an eye on it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Hmm so this years Dublin Tattoo Convention is in the Red Cow nice and handy for me :), hopefully its a bit cheaper this year with no empty booths, and an artist list up with some notice. Ill be keeping an eye on it :).

was mad to go last yr myself but was too pricey and had a bit going on at the time so cash was tight!! hopefully make it up this yr!! red cow is much handier for me too!!

gregers85 wrote: »
    was mad to go last yr myself but was too pricey and had a bit going on at the time so cash was tight!! hopefully make it up this yr!! red cow is much handier for me too!!

Yeh Im hoping since it in the Red Cow should make booths a bit cheaper bringing in more artists and hopefully cheaper for us aswell, here's hoping anyway as Im thinking the Red Cow would be a cheaper venue to book than Ballsbridge Hotel. Plus I live about a ten minute drive from the Red Cow so very handy :).

last years was a disgrace, it was only about making money as they could of set it up for pretty cheap as hotels would gladly give the room for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Getting pierced is a great feeling.

Someone almost fainted watching me get pierced before :pac:
    >_>
    <_<
    x_x
    Yeh Im hoping since it in the Red Cow should make booths a bit cheaper bringing in more artists and hopefully cheaper for us aswell, here's hoping anyway as Im thinking the Red Cow would be a cheaper venue to book than Ballsbridge Hotel. Plus I live about a ten minute drive from the Red Cow so very handy :).

Yeah, it'd be about the same for me, much handier that driving to Ballsbridge and paying for parking there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I've had to have blood tests every three months for that past seven years so needles don't bother me. I have fainted getting blood taken but that's more to do with my crappy veins than anything else. My tongue piercing was practically painless. Friend of mine said her friend fainted getting it done with the whole eyes rolling back into her head and everything. I was surprised how little tattooing hurt as well. I mean it is sore but I had expected much worse. Angus said I sat like a champ. Was booked in for an hour and a half and we were finished in forty five minutes. My next planned tattoo is on my arm so looking forward to actually seeing it happen this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm diabetic so I'd be kinda fecked if I was afraid of needles :)

I miss getting pierced tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all, what's happening?

last years was a disgrace, it was only about making money as they could of set it up for pretty cheap as hotels would gladly give the room for cheap.

Yeh I remember hearing they were charging artists 500 euro per booth, then along with 40 euro entry for weekend passes they must have raked in the cash.

It came in for a lot of criticism last year so hopefully they took note and will make some changes, the change of venue could be a good sign. Hopefully they get some top artists over aswell.

Just home nothing to exciting :cool:,how did the doctors appointment go?

• Advertisement

How'd ya get on dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

how did the doctors appointment go?
    How'd ya get on dude?

Bone still hasn't healed. So my name is on the waiting list for surgery. He said it could be 5 or 6 months, but by then I could have healed. He also mentioned that due to the location of the breaks, that it would be a complicated and risky surgery and there was no guarantee that I'd be any better off than I am now. frown.png So fucked if I do and fucked if I don't. But he DID say I could look for work and start training as I can't do any more damage than what's already been done. confused.png

Bone still hasn't healed. So my name is on the waiting list for surgery. He said it could be 5 or 6 months, but by then I could have healed. He also mentioned that due to the location of the breaks, that it would be a complicated and risky surgery and there was no guarantee that I'd be any better off than I am now. frown.png So fucked if I do and fucked if I don't. But he DID say I could look for work and start training as I can't do any more damage than what's already been done. confused.png

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Oh Jesus, PKM, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's really awful news. :( Keep the chin up, being able to look for a job is a positive at least, albeit a very slight one. :(

**** :mad:, sorry to hear that man I can only imagine how frustrating that is. Suppose looking on the bright side at least you can start training again and begin to push yourself again and hopefully get back up on the bike soon.

Sounds like you have been dealing with a bunch of doctors like this guy

tumblr_m1c2g3lFq11roxh71o1_500.jpg

Sorry to hear that man, sounds like a right nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Creating characters for my novel is kind of how I imagine parenthood to be: 7 children of various ages all vying to be the favourite and have their story told first whilst simultaniously refusing to sit still long enough to let me tell it. *sigh* I have no idea where to start but at least I've got the basic outline down on paper. If I can muster up the motivation, I might crack open that sketchbook I bought in Ikea last month and attempt a hard-copy basic first draft of how my two female protagonists meet. :/ Mrrgh. I wish I could strap a pasta strainer to my head, wire it up to my computer and let it read my thoughts as they come. Why hasn't such a thing been invented yet? It's 2013 for fecksake! I want my mind-reading novel-writing computer now!
    Also, monkey butlers and hover cars that can be steered by PS3 controller powered by toothpaste.

Meh. My mother's not making any pancakes today because we had them yesterday. I call shenanigans. I'm also bracing myself for the pain of getting waxed tomorrow. Eyebrows will be a doddle but it's my first time getting my armpits done and vI'm told it hurts like a bitch. Still, anything's better than razor burn...

One of my mates put up a pic of his new tattoo by robert in dark raptor today...all I can say is holy ****ing hell. I'm glad Roberts here and not in dub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I would get EVERY part of my body done before eyebrows! I find eyebrows the worst!

Beauticians think I'm a freak cause I chat through bikini wax grand, and armpits, and cry at eyebrows :pac:

• Advertisement

Right interview last min prep time, time to learn those bullschite phrases that HR people seem to like to hear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement