Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

One of my mates put up a pic of his new tattoo by robert in dark raptor today...all I can say is holy ****ing hell. I'm glad Roberts here and not in dub

Yeh from what I've seen of his work he's a brilliant artist. Shame they dont make more use of there facebook page :(.

I also think you should throw pics up cant tease with it :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yeh from what I've seen of his work he's a brilliant artist. Shame they dont make more use of there facebook page :(.

I also think you should throw pics up cant tease with it :cool:.

he has his own website, I wont post it publicly but will pm you it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

**** :mad:, sorry to hear that man I can only imagine how frustrating that is. Suppose looking on the bright side at least you can start training again and begin to push yourself again and hopefully get back up on the bike soon.

Sounds like you have been dealing with a bunch of doctors like this guy

tumblr_m1c2g3lFq11roxh71o1_500.jpg

Aye, tis a load of shite alright. Just have to get on with it. I guess I'll just transfer my insurance onto her bike and get back into that slowly too. So back on a bike in the next week. Every cloud and all that. :D
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Oh Jesus, PKM, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's really awful news. Keep the chin up, being able to look for a job is a positive at least, albeit a very slight one.

Thanks. Yeah, let's hope there's something out there now. All I can do is try. :)

P_1 wrote: »
    Right interview last min prep time, time to learn those bullschite phrases that HR people seem to like to hear

I fcuking hate all that crap you are meant to spout in interviews
    he has his own website, I wont post it publicly but will pm you it

Yeh Thats how I seen the bits of his work that I have but with them not using the facebook page dont get regular updates.

Yeh cool if you don't mind pm it smile.png.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I fcuking hate all that crap you are meant to spout in interviews

Yep--When I interview someone I can tell in teh first 5 seconds if they are the type Im going to hire.Anyone that sounds lets say like a bit of a knob with the usual interview crap doesnt get my thumbs up.

I prefer someone thats actually their self and not trying to be somethign that theyre not <<<<if you get me that is.

• Advertisement

Showed Marty, Fair to say he was impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm always just really honest in interviews, never use any of those "buzz phrases".

Started my new job yesterday! Got a call from one of our competitors after work asking if I was interested in a role they have there :p Typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Showed Marty, Fair to say he was impressed!

Can I see please? :)

Best of luck tomorrow P_1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I need to stop looking at pretty notebooks on Amazon and go back to reading my book. Incidently, the whole reason I'm on Amazon right now is down to wanting to pick up a gift for my stepdad's 40th. I want to buy him the latest up to date edition of "1001 Movies To See Before you Die" as he's a total film buff but as it's only £11, I still have a bit left over in my €50 budget so I don't know what else to get him other than a 6 pack mof Bud and a kick up the hole. :P

Can I see please? :)

Best of luck tomorrow P_1 :)

Aye but don't post in a public domain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Cheers all,

Yeah I detest those buzz words that you're 'supposed' to say in interviews. Usually I just say something along the lines of 'I know what you do', 'I'm good at what I do', 'hire me' :D

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yep--When I interview someone I can tell in teh first 5 seconds if they are the type Im going to hire.Anyone that sounds lets say like a bit of a knob with the usual interview crap doesnt get my thumbs up.

I prefer someone thats actually their self and not trying to be somethign that theyre not <<<<if you get me that is.

Yeh I definitely get ya, I'd say it can be hard for some people to now what to do when they have been told so many times you need to say this or that.

Luckily Ive only had one interview recently but that was sat infront of three people which was nerve racking all firing questions at me, didn't get the job :( but even to get to that stage they made everyone sit an aptitude test for jobs which everyone applying was already over qualified because you had to have 8 years experience just to qualify for the aptitude test madness.

Luckily I have a steady job of ten years now, which I got apparently because I was the first person to arrive for the interview dressed in slacks shirt etc everyone else arrived in casual clothes he said some even rrived in tracksuits :pac:.

On a seperate note that tattoo Raze them was talking about is stunning amazing work.

Aye but don't post in a public domain

Never would, PMs stay in PM as far as I'm concerned. :)

Yeh I definitely get ya, I'd say it can be hard for some people to now what to do when they have been told so many times you need to say this or that.

Luckily Ive only had one interview recently but that was sat infront of three people which was nerve racking all firing questions at me, didn't get the job :( but even to get to that stage they made everyone sit an aptitude test for jobs which everyone applying was already over qualified because you had to have 8 years experience just to qualify for the aptitude test madness.

Luckily I have a steady job of ten years now, which I got apparently because I was the first person to arrive for the interview dressed in slacks shirt etc everyone else arrived in casual clothes he said some even rrived in tracksuits :pac:.

On a seperate note that tattoo Raze them was talking about is stunning amazing work.

8 years exp for an aptitude test?! That's bollocks!

I remember one of my interviews, I wore my usual interview outfit (pencil skirt or suit trousers, nice blouse and a blazer and flat shoes). I was asked why I was so over-dressed for such a low position retail job. I said I'd rather be over-dressed than under-dressed, and was offered the job. :pac:

Yeah I always tend to overdress for interviews, I always think it gives you a slight advantage

In kilkenny I once seen a place looking for a waiter with a minimum of 5 years experience....seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I went to my interview in my suit last week, the interviewers were in jeans, one wearing a rugby shirt :pac: Its a pretty casual office!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

i always where the suit! best way to go i reckon!

After listening to the lads in work bang on about Mark Wahlberg on the Graham Norton show, gave ita bit of watch just there on youtube brilliant he proper pissed out of his face and even managed to make Graham Norton feel awkward which im sure is a hard task.

Just watched this tonight. Was pissing myself laughing the whole way through. Very good! :D

Gonna be watching the Graham Norton show in a few minutes, I need a laugh. :)

So, my uncle is dying. This sucks. We thought he was doing well in his battle against cancer, but he's developed an infection that's untreatable, incurable and he only has til tomorrow night, possibly Thursday morning to live. They didn't expect him to even last this long, but it's gotten to the end now. :-/ Being told to go funeral clothes shopping before work tomorrow is such a depressing thing to hear. :(

• Advertisement

Just watched this tonight. Was pissing myself laughing the whole way through. Very good! :D

Yeh its brilliant, hard to pick a favorite part I reckon either were he fell asleep or the big red chair bit at the end were he started making no sense :pac:.

Gonna be watching the Graham Norton show in a few minutes, I need a laugh. :)

Well, stick on a nappy or something cos you WILL piss yourself! :pac:
    So, my uncle is dying. This sucks. We thought he was doing well in his battle against cancer, but he's developed an infection that's untreatable, incurable and he only has til tomorrow night, possibly Thursday morning to live. They didn't expect him to even last this long, but it's gotten to the end now. :-/ Being told to go funeral clothes shopping before work tomorrow is such a depressing thing to hear. :(

Sorry to hear that. Was told similar about my granny today. She was moved from the heart unit to the respiratory unit. They said it was only a matter of time now.

Feck that sucks :(

Really sorry to hear that.

Yeh its brilliant, hard to pick a favorite part I reckon either were he fell asleep or the big red chair bit at the end were he started making no sense :pac:.

Or sitting on Norton's knee, and Norton said "No, don't touch the man there." :pac:

But the chair was brilliant!! "Bring her back, I like her..."

Well, stick on a nappy or something cos you WILL piss yourself! :pac:

Sorry to hear that. Was told similar about my granny today. She was moved from the heart unit to the respiratory unit. They said it was only a matter of time now.

Really sorry to hear that, man. You'll all be in my thoughts.

No nappy here at present, I'll just double up on my underwear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aww man, bad news central here tonight!
    Lyn and PKM sorry to hear about both :(

No nappy here at present, I'll just double up on my underwear. :pac:

There ya go!

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was given one tip for interviews about 10 years ago, i've used it every time since and have always got the job. When you are being interviewed, pretend you are talking to a good friend, you'll be much more relaxed and that will always work well for you. Now if only I could get an interview :)

Best of luck today, P_1.

pp, are you starting today? I think you said you were. If so, good luck!

I hate being up early. It took about half an hour for me to wake up enough to put some make up on without smearing it across my face in my sleep addled state. I should not be allowed face the public so early in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Working on my own today. Not necessarily a bad thing but it'll probably drag!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement