Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Working on my own today. Not necessarily a bad thing but it'll probably drag!

Same, started a while ago. boo, i hate working alone. :( no break for me! and my float was down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been having back to work blues this week after a week off, just sorted that with a wee trip booked to London to see the Book of Mormon and the Postal service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Same, started a while ago. boo, i hate working alone. :( no break for me! and my float was down :(

No break? Surely that's not right. I may be on my own but I still take breaks, I have to close up alright and leave a sign saying what time I'll be back

No break? Surely
    that's not right. I may be on my own but I still take breaks, I have to
    close up alright and leave a sign saying what time I'll be back

Yeah, I should be doing that but we're not allowed! Probably going to do it anyway, I need coffee!

Not allowed to take breaks??? How long is your shift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not allowed to take breaks??? How long is your shift?

A lot of companys are like that really, my job was the same for a long time until a few new people started and kicked up a fuss now we get one half hour break in twelve hours which is legally all were entitled to, which is why I used to prefer working night we could take our own breaks but they have now installed anew system were they can see exactlywaht were doing at anytime and check out what we done on our shift down to the finest detail along with camerasbeing everywhere all of which they can check at home I worok for a big brother like company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A lot of companys are like that really.

Really? Cause I've worked for some shít companies but I've never had less then an hours worth of breaks a day. Granted I may not take them all but it's nice to know they are there.

Hey all, been busy. Bought the new aliens game aliens game before I heard reviews and it appears that it's awful. Haven't played it yet but my heart is in my boots. I really think I'm going to have to give up on that franchise.

Lyn and PKM, I'm really sorry to hear your news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

The law is you're entitled to a 15 minute break every four and a half hours you work!

gregers85 wrote: »
    The law is you're entitled to a 15 minute break every four and a half hours you work!

Nope you're entitled to 15 minutes once you work 4 and a half hours and 30 minutes if you pass 6 hours but that's it. They don't need to be paid either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

In retail if you're working more than 6 hours between 11 and 2 you're entitled to a lunch break.

Interview went good. I've done all I can do anyway

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Nope you're entitled to 15 minutes once you work 4 and a half hours and 30 minutes if you pass 6 hours but that's it. They don't need to be paid either.

That's exactly it whilst most company's will give there staff more not in my job half hour is all we get for twelve hours :mad:.

P_1 wrote: »
    In retail if you're working more than 6 hours between 11 and 2 you're entitled to a lunch break.

Fingers crossed for ya :).

P_1 wrote: »

Good luck. Did you bring them a muffin basket? Everybody loves mini-muffins.

Good luck P_1, hope you get it :)

Good luck. Did you bring them a muffin basket? Everybody loves mini-muffins.

Mmmm mini-muffins yum.

Mmmm mini-muffins yum.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

Mini-muffin case?

465867295_604.jpg

fingers crossed p_1. :) nice meeting ya, too!

In retail, you're entitled to an hour break if you work more than six hours and your hours include 11-2. I'm entitled to an hour cause I'm doing 8 and a half, but I'm not allowed leave the unit. I did run away for a coffee, though. :) roll on 6pm!

I'm flat out at work today myself :D

240922.jpg

I hate those days. The day drags and it makes me really lazy.

Today I've been fairly flat out and the day has flown by. And I'm feeling good so I know when I go home, I'm going to be more productive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear god, I just had a sexual crepe experience. Lyle's Chocolate sauce and blueberries- chocolaty, fruit delisciousness. Nomnomnom.
    In other news, talked to Suuva down in Stigmata-Tau about my next tattoo. For the work, size, placement and colour she quoted me €160. Pity she's booked up 'til March but hey- my 25th is in April so hopefully I'll get the cash together.
    Suuva reminds me of Paloma Faith with her red hair. I think I'm getting a bit of a girl crush...

Fook me running in the rain and wind is a killer, took a new route tonight thats full of hills thinking it would work me harder, never mind the hills the wind and rain were in my face the first 3km and it killed me that when I finally got to a point were the rain were the rain and wind weren't in my face had to stop for about thirty seconds and walk, I don't know about anyone else but once I stop once I find it really hard to get a good rhythm going again :mad:, done 8.5km but had to stop a few times so not happy with tonight;s run at all :( Next time will be better :).

Also note to self do not try use after shave balm for chafed nipples is a bad bad idea stung like a bitch :pac:, back to wearing body armour after that :o.

Finally ate for the first time today, got home from work, went for a run, now I'm in the bath refusing to move and getting very sleepy. I don't want to go to bed this early, though, so might have more coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

McChubbin wrote: »
    In other news, talked to Suuva down in Stigmata-Tau about my next tattoo. For the work, size, placement and colour she quoted me €160. Pity she's booked up 'til March but hey- my 25th is in April so hopefully I'll get the cash together.

Nice one!! They're really good down there.
    Fook me running in the rain and wind is a killer, took a new route tonight thats full of hills thinking it would work me harder, never mind the hills the wind and rain were in my face the first 3km and it killed me that when I finally got to a point were the rain were the rain and wind weren't in my face had to stop for about thirty seconds and walk, I don't know about anyone else but once I stop once I find it really hard to get a good rhythm going again :mad:, done 8.5km but had to stop a few times so not happy with tonight;s run at all :( Next time will be better :).

Sounds tough but sounds good!! After sort of getting the all-clear from the docs to start training again, I did a 2 hour workout this evening. Not as intense as what I normally would have done, but my arms and legs were trembling after it. :o I enjoyed it though.

For dinner I ordered a chipper, got a 12" Pepperoni and chips and 2 litre of Pepsi. :D Just chillin' now watching The Office (US) on Netflix and nibbling on munchies. Nom, nom, nom....

Also note to self do not try use after shave balm for chafed nipples is a bad bad idea stung like a bitch :pac:, back to wearing body armour after that :o.

You should play rugby! you become immune to the cold and rain after awhile haha

Nice one!! They're really good down there.

Sounds tough but sounds good!! After sort of getting the all-clear from the docs to start training again, I did a 2 hour workout this evening. Not as intense as what I normally would have done, but my arms and legs were trembling after it. :o I enjoyed it though.

For dinner I ordered a chipper, got a 12" Pepperoni and chips and 2 litre of Pepsi. :D Just chillin' now watching The Office (US) on Netflix and nibbling on munchies. Nom, nom, nom....

Did an hour session myself tonight! very high intensity! strong man style stuff! Im paralized on the bed at the mo! need to get a shower in before i sleep lol
    Im starvin for a pizza now tho hmmmm

Yeh it's not the easiest of roots I suppose on a bit more positive note seen though I done the 8.5k and had to stop a few times since I couldn't find a rhythm dont feel one bit tired which i thinking means I'm getting fitter :o.

Yeh I'd say it felt great to get back at it, how often would you normally workout a week?

Im well jealous im hungry was going to go root in the kitchen you now have me tempted to order some chipper :cool:, waiting on the football to end then I will decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Watching the football, 2nd half has been a bit of a disappointment.

Need to start getting out on the bike again

gregers85 wrote: »
    You should play rugby! you become immune to the cold a rain after awhile haha

Ah the cold and rain don't bother me really not after hell and back anyway :pac:. Its the running into the wind that was the killer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My mother stopped me from eatting more than three pancakes. I am disappoint. I demand moar pancakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement