Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

gregers85 wrote: »
    Seen Argo last night!! Great film! well recommended!!!

Brilliant film, saw it the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Eso, sorry about your uncle.

Going to a surprise 21st tonight. Meant to go to a joint 21st and 20th tomorrow but really don't want to. I might be more enthusiastic if it hadn't been organised literally last minute and I'm only good friends with one of them...I really should go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. Hope everyone is ok. @ Lyn - sorry about your news. :(

Tattooist confirmed for 12.30 tomorrow. Can't wait!! :D

On another note, a mate got sponsorship to race this season in the Irish Championship (motorbikes) It's an expensive thing to get into so unless you're minted or have sponsorship of some sort, you won't do a whole lot. But wee Joe as we call him, has been ruffling some serious feathers the last couple of years (and he's only 18) and was approached by a crowd called Crossans. They're pretty big here and said they'd supply a bike (if needs be) any tyres, parts, gear etc. So I'm well chuffed for him. Roll on March 25th for the first race. Here's the official pic released today....

241235.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Melion wrote: »
    Getting proper internet installed today \o/ 50mb from UPC. I have so many movies and tv shows to catch up on.

2511335071.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

holy mother of god. That's ridiculous.

@PKM that's awesome.

Got meself a chinese tonight. After all the talk last night, I just couldn't help myself.

• Advertisement

Bloody annoyed at the health system of this country tonight.

My gran had to go to the hospital today, she's 88 years old so any illness means trouble for her these days. She spent 12 hours in a chair in A+E today and only got a trolley after we complained to the front desk, now she has a trolley but isn't allowed to have any of us sit with her tonight when the A+E is going to be full of drunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wow PKM happy days for your mate thats brilliant news I know how hard it is to break into any kind of motorsport generally speakingonly those with money can ake any kind of mark in it, best of luck to your mate he must have some talent :).

P1 thats a fcuking disgrace to treat a woman of that age like that cold make you blood boil theres no way she should be left like that :mad::mad:.

Just getting settled down now, work done, run done just done my personal best :) 10k in in 57 mins well happy :) pringles in hand and banana bread beer chilling as we speak happy days.

Wow PKM happy days for your mate thats brilliant news I know how hard it is to break into any kind of motorsport generally speakingonly those with money can ake any kind of mark in it, best of luck to your mate he must have some talent :).

Genuinely not being biased, but he's a savage on the track. Set records all over the place last year for fastest laps, top speed through speed traps etc. He's gonna be huge!
    P1 thats a fcuking disgrace to treat a woman of that age like that cold make you blood boil theres no way she should be left like that :mad::mad:.

Agreed whole heartedly, and the annoying part is nobody gives a fuck and nothing will ever be done about it!!
    Just getting settled down now, work done, run done just done my personal best :) 10k in in 57 mins well happy :) pringles in hand and banana bread beer chilling as we speak happy days.

Good man!! Fair play.

Have lots of munchies too, Netflix ready to go!! :D

Genuinely not being biased, but he's a savage on the track. Set records all over the place last year for fastest laps, top speed through speed traps etc. He's gonna be huge!

Good man!! Fair play.

Have lots of munchies too, Netflix ready to go!! :D

Yeh certainly sounds like one to watch at 18 if he's getting noticed by sponsors has to be a serious talent. Hopefully he can keep improving and moving up :), always nice to see someone Irish making it.

Sounds like a good night Aveneger is this weeks movie on premiere think it could be in for a re watch Hulk rocks :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Watched the Avengers on wednesday on blue-ray!! quite enjoyable!! very funny scene that one haha

edit: watchin Superman Returns now...... meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks for the condolences. He's not dead, yet. They stopped all treatment last night after they found that an abcess on his brain doubled in size over an 8 hour period. So he's now only getting palliative care, which is upsetting.

Surprised my little sister after work. I told her to meet me in town because I wanted to go shopping, but I knew the shops were closed (she didn't). So when she got into town, I dragged her to her favourite restaurant and bought her dinner because she's too broke to go out to anywhere but McDonald's since being let go a few weeks ago. :pac:

I'm so feckin' tired, I've been ready to fall asleep for the night since about 5pm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the condolences. He's not dead, yet. They stopped all treatment last night after they found that an abcess on his brain doubled in size over an 8 hour period. So he's now only getting palliative care, which is upsetting.

that's awful news Lyn! hope your ok!!!

gregers85 wrote: »
    that's awful news Lyn! hope your ok!!!

Ah, I'm all right for now. I've been pretty upset all week, but I've been managing to distract myself for the most part. It won't really hit me til he actually dies. A 'normal' uncle or aunt, I wouldn't even get very upset over, as I usually deal REALLY well with death, but this guy's been like a second dad to me since I was born. My poor dad is having an awful time of it.

But on the plus side, I'm going into town before work in the morning to go shopping. Shopping always cheers me up :D Plus most of my dresses that I got at Christmas are too big now, so I need more clothes. :pac:

Sorry to hear about your uncle Lyn, not a nice situation at all to be putting it mildly.

Sounds like a good night Aveneger is this weeks movie on premiere think it could be in for a re watch Hulk rocks :).

No....no, I didn't like it. Don't know why. Thor and Captain America bug me. Iron Man and Hulk are cool and that scene was probably the best in the movie! Roll on Iron Man 3 in April/May. :D
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    .....most of my dresses that I got at Christmas are too big now, so I need more clothes. :pac:

One of the few things that make women happy. Bet you're chuffed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I feel rather merry right now, which is nice :D

Bought 2 dresses, tiny shorts, tights and underwear. Also spoiled my kid sister rotten by spending most of my wages on her 'arse she's doing her mocks. now off to work, boo-urns :(

No....no, I didn't like it. Don't know why. Thor and Captain America bug me. Iron Man and Hulk are cool and that scene was probably the best in the movie! Roll on Iron Man 3 in April/May.

Ah I loved it, I get ya though as individual films I wasn't big on the Thor or Captain America films, but to to pull of a film of such epic scale with an ensemble cast of such big characters and for it not to have been an absolute mess takes some doing. Joss Whedon done an amazing job keeping the story flowing with touchs of comedy and brilliant action scenes and an interesting bad guy, beats the hell out of every Spiderman film ever made imo.

Buy yeh bring Iron Man 3 thus far my favorite of the Avengers films, including Iron Man 2 which lot of people hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

You're very good to spoil your sister Eso. Also sorry to hear about your uncle, must be very tough :(

Working myself till 6 this evening, and off tomorrow. Can't wait to have a lie in, but also want to try and be productive by either exercising, taking out my camera or both!

Ankhyu wrote: »
    You're very good to spoil your sister Eso. Also sorry to hear about your uncle, must be very tough :(

Working myself till 6 this evening, and off tomorrow. Can't wait to have a lie in, but also want to try and be productive by either exercising, taking out my camera or both!

Camera you say, photography is something Ive always enjoyed looking at but really lack any skill or knowledge in really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

The party was brilliant last night but I'm paying for it today. I sent some very drunk fb messages last night. Embarrassed is not the word...

Camera you say, photography is something Ive always enjoyed looking at but really lack any skill or knowledge in really.

Yup, I find it very interesting. It's basically just a case of learning about shutter speeds, aperture and how they affect the outcome. There's a lot more to it than just those, but it's a start. I found it all very interesting so it's just a matter of learning as you go. Also a good eye is very helpful!

I did an evening course in photography years ago and then went on to do a year studying it. Twas great!

I just lack the motivation at the moment to take the camera out, haven't picked it up in months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

This is top class though....

day-dead-inspired-tattoos--large-msg-134834977791.jpg

tut you didnt like that one when i showed it to you. ;-) I would much prefer something like that.

Evenin' all. Just in. Hope this finds you all well. :D Pic of new tatt in the "Show me..." thread. :cool: What's everyone up to tonight?

Looks class PKM! Doing nothing this evening myself. I had two late-ish nights in a row Thurs and Friday and up for work at 9 both of the following mornings so I think a relaxing evening in now, and a lie in tomorrow is just what I need!

Gotta save my money anyway, heading to Birmingham next week for a few days :)

You?

Looks class PKM! Doing nothing this evening myself. I had two late-ish nights in a row Thurs and Friday and up for work at 9 both of the following mornings so I think a relaxing evening in now, and a lie in tomorrow is just what I need!

Thanks. :D Might try for a lie in tomorrow myself, could do with one. Don't know if it'll happen or not but one can hope.
    Gotta save my money anyway, heading to Birmingham next week for a few days :)

You?

Aw nice one. What's the plan there? Just a break or work?

Doing feck all myself - another The Office (US) marathon and lots of munchies (again! LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm thinking about little bits and pieces of filler for my arm that's edging closer to sleeve territory. Small stupid things from my childhood, the Foot Clan logo from the old TMNT cartoon, cave drawing of Simba from the Lion King and other ****e. I'm struggling for ideas as to what to get from the original Power Rangers series though.

Liking the new piece PKM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Doing feck all myself - another The Office (US) marathon and lots of munchies (again! LOL)

Have you ever given Parks & Recreation a go? It's done in a similar style to the American Office.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'm thinking about little bits and pieces of filler for my arm that's edging closer to sleeve territory. Small stupid things from my childhood, the Foot Clan logo from the old TNNT cartoon, cave drawing of Simba from the Lion King and other ****e. I'm struggling for ideas as to what to get from the original Power Rangers series though.

Sounds cool. Let us know what ideas you come up with.
    Liking the new piece PKM.

Thanks very much. Chuffed to bits. Back in 2 weeks, but not sure who to do next. He's gonna do stencils for Billy (Jigsaw) Leatherface and Jason. So we'll decide on the day I suppose.
    Have you ever given Parks & Recreation a go? It's done in a similar style to the American Office.

Never heard of it. If it's the same kind of humour, I'd be into it alright.

• Advertisement

Thanks. :D Might try for a lie in tomorrow myself, could do with one. Don't know if it'll happen or not but one can hope.

Aw nice one. What's the plan there? Just a break or work?

A break thankfully! Heading over to a couple of friends, nothing in particular planned, sure I'll see what happens when I get there! :P

I've only started watching the US Office recently. I'm behind on most TV series...
    I'm thinking about little bits and pieces of filler for my arm that's edging closer to sleeve territory. Small stupid things from my childhood, the Foot Clan logo from the old TNNT cartoon, cave drawing of Simba from the Lion King and other ****e. I'm struggling for ideas as to what to get from the original Power Rangers series though.

Love the Lion King idea :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement