Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't think of anyone I knew with funny names :(

I'm home now and cooking dinner. I love cooking with something pungent like rosemary. I'd nearly just feck a load in the oven just for the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wasn't the Neville brothers' father's first name Neville?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah Neville Neville. A true king's name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Did a wee bit of training again today. Jesus I'm SO way off where I was!! :o Did a 5k run (if you could call it that) and did 40 minutes sledghammer training and tractor tyre flipping. My legs are sore and tired now. :( Have to keep at it though.

So how's all?

Jesus, fair play. I just spent the last 3 quarters of an hour browsing the net without really meaning to. But I'm back doing stuff now so I'm going to play with GIMP for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Did a wee bit of training again today. Jesus I'm SO way off where I was!! :o Did a 5k run (if you could call it that) and did 40 minutes sledghammer training and tractor tyre flipping. My legs are sore and tired now. :( Have to keep at it though.

So how's all?

Fair play pkm :) one my mates is at me to join the gym the runnings going well but the last few weeks I'm having trouble with my knees and everyone is telling me I'm running to much on concrete and I need to vary it more, only problem is with Barcelona in a few weeks money is tight so have to wait and see what price my mate can get on membership.

Only 5 and a half hours left in work :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

A colleague of mine is called Dave Davey. Brilliant name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Any one listening to Ian Dempsey this morning on today FM?? he had a contestant on for a comp and his name was Samuel Jackson! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Happy birthday, Gregers. :D

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Happy birthday, Gregers. :D

thanks Lyn!! the OH got me tickets for ZZ-Top in Cork in June delighted!! :D

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    thanks Lyn!! the OH got me tickets for ZZ-Top in Cork in June delighted!! :D

That's a GREAT present. They're a cool band. Speaking of names, is Frank Beard still with them?? :pac:

Happy Birfday man.
    Fair play pkm one my mates is at me to join the gym the runnings going well but the last few weeks I'm having trouble with my knees and everyone is telling me I'm running to much on concrete and I need to vary it more, only problem is with Barcelona in a few weeks money is tight so have to wait and see what price my mate can get on membership.

Aye, squats and lunges will strengthen your legs but your knees too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

trying to convince the wife for us to go down to dublin for the day and see if we can get a walk-in somewhere and get some random ink done

That's a GREAT present. They're a cool band. Speaking of names, is Frank Beard still with them?? :pac:

Classic piece of trivia that. The only man without a beard is called beard.

Happy birthday Gregers.

Happy Birfday man.

Thanks PKM! ya as far as I know he's still with them!! Frank Beard, ironically the only one with out a beard haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Rag Week makes me embarrassed to be a student. Riots outside of Supermacs for a second year in a row...some people are such gob****es.

I'm currently trying to remember why I was so convinced I needed a degree when I left secondary school. I could have a piercing apprenticeship by now (I know they're not easy to find but it's been three years so you never know). Really wish I'd applied when Áine was taking one on but I thought college was more important...I don't even want to be a hotel manager...

Orim wrote: »
    Happy birthday Gregers.

Thanks bud!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rag Week makes me embarrassed to be a student. Riots outside of Supermacs for a second year in a row...some people are such gob****es.

I'm currently trying to remember why I was so convinced I needed a degree when I left secondary school. I could have a piercing apprenticeship by now (I know they're not easy to find but it's been three years so you never know). Really wish I'd applied when Áine was taking one on but I thought college was more important...I don't even want to be a hotel manager...

Again? Fecking hell, I was down in Galway last year, and I didn't bother really going out during rag week cause of that crap.

Denny M wrote: »
    Again? Fecking hell, I was down in Galway last year, and I didn't bother really going out during rag week cause of that crap.
    I've never gone out during rag week and never intend to. It's gotten worse since official rag week was cancelled because now both NUI and GMIT have it the same week (although based on when they had them separately the NUI students seem to cause more trouble). I really don't get the mentality behind it though. I've been very drunk in the past and I've never considered rioting, setting bins on fire or abusing strangers. I remember when I was in secondary school I had a buckfast bottle thrown at my head during rag week. I don't understand how it seems to bring out the worst of the worst in some people, you wouldn't see them behaving that badly on a normal night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's all down to mob mentality I guess. Get people drunk and in large enough numbers, and any stupid idea can suddenly seem like genius, or one person does something bad and everyone else figures "why not?". Rag week does seem to be the worst time of the year for it all right.

There's also the fact that some people are just assholes.

I still can't believe how easily mob mentality takes hold. It's depressing to think people are that easily influenced, even if they are drunk.

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Gregers:)
    trying to convince the wife for us to go down to dublin for the day and see if we can get a walk-in somewhere and get some random ink done

I likes that idea let us know if all goes to plan :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wanna go to Dublin soon :(

Aye, squats and lunges will strengthen your legs but your knees too.

That's what Ive been hearing alright so gym probably would be a good idea every second day or so. Its my left knee giving the most trouble I'm assuming since I'm a leftie it means I'm putting more pressure on that leg. This fitness lark does kinda suck ya in :).

Denny M wrote: »
    Rag week does seem to be the worst time of the year for it all right.

There's also the fact that some people are just assholes.

Both very true statements. Never made sense to me.
    That's what Ive been hearing alright so gym probably would be a good idea every second day or so. Its my left knee giving the most trouble I'm assuming since I'm a leftie it means I'm putting more pressure on that leg. This fitness lark does kinda suck ya in .

You don't even need a gym though, have you any weights at home you could use?

You don't even need a gym though, have you any weights at home you could use?

Nah nothing at all at home really,was thinking If I can ill join for a few months and see if I get a feel for it, my friend said he will help me out with cardio excercises he knows. If I do go through with it ill be popping my gym cherry :pac:.

Nah nothing
    at all at home really,was thinking If I can ill join for a few months
    and see if I get a feel for it, my friend said he will help me out with
    cardio excercises he knows. If I do go through with it ill be popping
    my gym cherry :pac:.

Go to lifestyle sports and grab some kettlebells. do squats and lunges and a few other things i can show u and you'll be flying. You don't need huge amounts of pure cardio because you have thee cardio aspect down with all the running. use weights while doing lunges and stuff and it'll improve your muscles and stamina :)

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Go to lifestyle sports and grab some kettlebells. do squats and lunges and a few other things i can show u and you'll be flying. You don't need huge amounts of pure cardio because you have thee cardio aspect down with all the running. use weights while doing lunges and stuff and it'll improve your muscles and stamina :)

I really want to make a joke here along the lines of helping him to help yourself :P

I really want to make a joke here along the lines of helping him to help yourself :P

That's not the kind of stamina I'm talking about ffs! :pac:

:pac: I would come up with some smart and possibly witty reply but damn night shifts have my brain fried, so I'll just go with flipping-the-bird.gif:o:cool::D.

• Advertisement

:pac: I would come up with some smart and possibly witty reply but damn night shifts have my brain fried, so I'll just go with flipping-the-bird.gif:o:cool::D.

Doesn't that mean that for now, Orim is correct in his insinuation? :p

*runs*

Edit: Stamina is erm, not an issue, except in sports terms. I apologise for being a cheeky cow. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement