Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Careful now remember you do follow spurs who aren't even in the champions league or when was your last league title??? Sit back down :P:)

The DVD has been rushed into production as we speak :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ouch damo, hope your day gets better! :(

So quiet in here, I've only had two sales. And I've been informed I've not reached my commission targets, even though I have till reads proving I exceeded them. :mad: So looks like I'm not getting the commission I'm owed :mad:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ouch damo, hope your day gets better! :(

So quiet in here, I've only had two sales. And I've been informed I've not reached my commission targets, even though I have till reads proving I exceeded them. :mad: So looks like I'm not getting the commission I'm owed :mad:

For jobs involving commission I always found it useful to keep my own record of any sales that I made. Just keep a little notebook by the till and jot down the times and values of your sales. That way you can stop them from trying to rip you off.

P_1 wrote: »
    For jobs involving
    commission I always found it useful to keep my own record of any sales
    that I made. Just keep a little notebook by the till and jot down the
    times and values of your sales. That way you can stop them from trying
    to rip you off.

Myself and the other girl here have all our sales records on till reads, written down in our sales book, and written on our phones, but he's still saying we only 'nearly' hit targets, even though we exceeded them by several hundred :( Ah well, guess I'll be broke til payday!

Myself and the other girl here have all our sales records on till reads, written down in our sales book, and written on our phones, but he's still saying we only 'nearly' hit targets, even though we exceeded them by several hundred :( Ah well, guess I'll be broke til payday!

Urgh, sounds like your boss is trying to cut corners so. Em did ye get your sales targets in writing? Could be an idea to insist on that in future?

• Advertisement

Urgh, sounds like
    your boss is trying to cut corners so. Em did ye get your sales targets
    in writing? Could be an idea to insist on that in future?

Yeah, I'm assuming that's what he's doing! Yup, I asked him what the targets were and have a text stating the targets that I saved. I'm gonna let the other girl deal with it tomorrow since she's not only my manager, but his cousin too! she's as annoyed as I am! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of my friends was doing a commission based job a while back, and then was told he wasn't reaching his quota. Turned out his supervisor had been taking credit for his sales, but my friend couldn't prove it.

Denny M wrote: »
    One of my friends was doing a commission based job a while back, and then was told he wasn't reaching his quota. Turned out his supervisor had been taking credit for his sales, but my friend couldn't prove it.

Happens all the time in commission related jobs. You really have to watch your back and be prepared to fight your corner when needed.

Happens all the time
    in commission related jobs. You really have to watch your back and be
    prepared to fight your corner when needed.

Yeah, that happened to a friend of mine too. thankfully, my manager is brilliant, our sales are pretty much dead even and our targets are group targets rather than individual. i wouldn't have taken the job if it were based on individual targets! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So I think I just had a panic attack...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Spill....why? You ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Never fun :( Everything alright?

yikes, hope you're okay! :(

Got stopped at a checkpoint today (in the car) bricking it cos the tax is just out of date and there's no NCT. The cop just walked round the car and told me to go ahead. confused.png

Re: commission, I have weekly targets with how much cash I need to shift. My target this week is €1200, and I already have €4200 booked. :D Should be a nice bonus at the end of the month. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »
    Totally within the rules then (Half your age +7) :pac:

Having thought it about a bit more most of the girls I've gone out with have 3 or 4 years younger.

Hmm Ive just skirted in around the acceptable rule the last few years so, Ive always seem to have dated younger woman lately, maybe im clinging to my youth :).
    Had to try to be in work ten minutes earlier than usual this morning, so I left the apartment in plenty time. Get to the front door of the apartment block, and the button (yes button) to release the door is broken off the door completely. With no other way to open it. After trying to jam my keys in, and looking around, I found the bits of the mechanism lying on a window sill nearby. Partially reassembled the thing, door opens then on the 2nd/3rd go. Scrape ice off windscreen. Get out onto the roads, much more traffic than usual. >_< Then I get stuck behind some old fart in a beemer that jammed on the brakes at a junction (with green lights!), and then after changing lanes, slammed his brakes on again and tried to merge into the lane in front of me at the last minute. So instead of being 10 minutes early, it took me those extra 10 minutes just to get to work! >_<

:mad:
    Fooking hate days like that and drivers like that came to the conclusion I hate Nissan Qashqai's and the drivers yesterday, it's like all retarded Nissan Micra drivers have evolved into Qashqai drivers.

Got stopped at a checkpoint today (in the car) bricking it cos the tax is just out of date and there's no NCT. The cop just walked round the car and told me to go ahead. confused.png

Love when that happens, my car is constantly out of tax always let it go a few months then stamp it off the road then tax for three basically I pay about 6 months motor tax a year. I know I should pay my taxes and all that but as a single man I get raped by the tax man on a weekly basis and I can get off with a few hundred a year to right I'm going to do it.

The phrase 'clinging to your youth' doesn't actually mean you should fondle younger women, Marty. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Love when that happens, my car is constantly out of tax always let it go a few months then stamp it off the road then tax for three basically I pay about 6 months motor tax a year. I know I should pay my taxes and all that but as a single man I get raped by the tax man on a weekly basis and I can get off with a few hundred a year to right I'm going to do it.

I traditionally did the same thing, however this got my car seized two weeks ago (fuse went in the back, killing the back lights. Garda pulled me over for no lights, found the tax out, seized it).

400 euro for tax + backtax
    125 to get the car released

Should have just paid my tax :P Luckilly the garda was grand about it and they are not taking me to court for driving with out of date tax

I do the same. Both my cars are 2 litre so the tax is extortionate. I tax them for 3, break for 3, tax for 3 etc. Fuck 'em!! They get enough off us!! :mad:
    The phrase 'clinging to your youth' doesn't actually mean you should fondle younger women, Marty.

Why not?? I do!! :P And I'm clinging for dear life! :pac:

The phrase 'clinging to your youth' doesn't actually mean you should fondle younger women, Marty. :p

Ive had no complaints :).
    oeb wrote: »
    I traditionally did the same thing, however this got my car seized two weeks ago (fuse went in the back, killing the back lights. Garda pulled me over for no lights, found the tax out, seized it).

400 euro for tax + backtax
    125 to get the car released

Should have just paid my tax :P Luckilly the garda was grand about it and they are not taking me to court for driving with out of date tax

I've gone through loads of checkpoint to be honest without it, and always manage to talk my way out of it or give them some bull**** excuse, yeh someday I may get one strict Garda who will seize my car and will cost me a few hundred quid,but fook that I will still have saved thousands over the years ;), my car like pkm is a 2.0 litre petrol the tax they charge for it extortionate, we live in a country were car owners and enthusiasts are treated with disdain by our government. I was looking at buying a Jag Xf in a few months but tax of 1500 a year scared me off in the uk it could be taxed for roughly half of that :mad:.

Although I am on the lookout for a 3.0 litre BMW which has lowish tax here due to emissions :).

• Advertisement

Ive had no
    complaints. :)

I'll bitch at ya next time I see you so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got stopped at a checkpoint today (in the car) bricking it cos the tax is just out of date and there's no NCT. The cop just walked round the car and told me to go ahead. :confused:

Oh yeah, this day last week (Ash Wednesday) I was driving from the chipper round to mine (short distance, but it was miserable) and I'd pulled out, onto a round about, off it again, next thing I see is flashing lights behind me and screaming siren! Garda with the surliest temperament I've ever encountered asked me where I was coming from, for my license, checked tax, insurance, NCT etc... and seemed pissed off then that the only thing he could say to me was that my NCT would be due soon, did I have it booked, and to get it booked because if it went a minute out of date they would seize my car!

Think he thought I was coming from the pub or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I know a good breathing technique called square breathing you can look up. Works pretty well for me :) and a cup of tea afterwards!

I lost my anti panic attack pills a while back. I liked having them with me for just in case :p but been doing really well!

... and seemed pissed off then that the only thing he could say to me was that my NCT would be due soon, did I have it booked, and to get it booked because if it went a minute out of date they would seize my car!

Think he thought I was coming from the pub or something!

FFS! A bit extreme wasn't it?? You'd swear you robbed a place or something.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That 'declaring cars off the road' thing is going soon though, right? Tbh, I couldn't live with the fear of being stopped to have a lecture from an Garda Siochana and possible seizure of my car, so I just pay up. In saying that, my car is taxed as a 1.3. Rotary engine FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

FFS! A bit extreme wasn't it?? You'd swear you robbed a place or something.

In fairness he was wearing a hoodie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Fooking hate days like that and drivers like that came to the conclusion I hate Nissan Qashqai's and the drivers yesterday, it's like all retarded Nissan Micra drivers have evolved into Qashqai drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVVet6TNoyA

jenizzle wrote: »
    That 'declaring cars off the road' thing is going soon though, right? Tbh, I couldn't live with the fear of being stopped to have a lecture from an Garda Siochana and possible seizure of my car, so I just pay up. In saying that, my car is taxed as a 1.3. Rotary engine FTW :D

Ah I don't know if it is they have been saying that for a long time now but have yet to get it through whether they will or not I don't know but until they do Ill be stamping her off the road on regular basis :), but I have no fears most Gards give yeh a two to three month grace period, so I never let it go past three months.

Rotary is nice though :).
    legspin wrote: »

I remember that video wouldn't mind seeing the same being done with all Qashqais.

Just back from a long driving lesson driving through Drogheda, my left leg feels like it does after a 30+k cycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jenizzle wrote: »
    ...Rotary engine...

Whassat?

I've been tempted to get a Smart Roadster several times. Tiny nippy little yokes, but .7/.8 L engine means that they cost feck all to run, or to tax!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement