Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Whassat?

I've been tempted to get a Smart Roadster several times. Tiny nippy little yokes, but .7/.8 L engine means that they cost feck all to run, or to tax!

Basically it means you can get a 1.3 on log book taxed as a 1.8 I think Jenizzle can correct me if im wrong on that one with a nice bit of power to go aswell 231 bhp in the good one (Jenizzle has) and also acceptable 196 bhp . It tends to confuse the hell out of insurance companys aswell afaik.

As for the second part of your post well that kinda made my eyes bleed a little bit :P I like big powerful engines :o. But in fairness a pretty rare car on Irish roads which means at least you would stand out from the dull everyday cars and probably would draw a lot of attention of both negative and positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Was in Derry earlier on today and it had its HMV store open. Now maybe this one is skimming by the closures that we saw down here, but I was under the impression that it had just re-opened to sell the stock out?

Any stores in Dublin re-open? Quite possibly this one never got shut to begin with. Grabbed a few bargains anywho so quite pleased with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I had to tell my trainers tonight that I couldn't go to class. They didn't believe my excuse, which was that I got a smack off a car on my way home from work and my leg's in a jocker. I'm actually telling the truth, though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Was in Derry earlier on today and it had its HMV store open. Now maybe this one is skimming by the closures that we saw down here, but I was under the impression that it had just re-opened to sell the stock out?

Any stores in Dublin re-open? Quite possibly this one never got shut to begin with. Grabbed a few bargains anywho so quite pleased with myself :D

I walk down Grafton St everyday. The shop is being torn apart on the inside :(

Yeah from what I can gather on the interweb Derry escaped the first set of closures. Have to say I got a little happy thinking stores would open for few weeks to get rid of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Thanks for the concern guys. No idea where it came from. Nothing upsetting or stressful happened and I've never had one before. Apparently a lot of people with Crohn's suffer from panic attacks but that seems to be from stressing over the symptoms, my Crohn's is so mild I don't even notice it anymore. Unintentionally slept for three hours and feeling much better now though.

All this talk about cars...wish I had the money to learn to drive.

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Isn't Derry in Northern Ireland? I think most of the UK stores are staying open for the moment.

Thanks for the concern guys. No idea where it came from. Nothing upsetting or stressful happened and I've never had one before. Apparently a lot of people with Crohn's suffer from panic attacks but that seems to be from stressing over the symptoms, my Crohn's is so mild I don't even notice it anymore. Unintentionally slept for three hours and feeling much better now though.

All this talk about cars...wish I had the money to learn to drive.

They're scary as hell, and can happen for any or no reason sometimes. Best bet is to carry a paper bag with you for the next few weeks, in case it happens again. Sugary drink for after would be good, because they wear you out, and sleep (like you did!) is good afterwards, too. Really sorry it happened to you, they're extremely unpleasant to put it mildly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The limerick store was gutted when I walked past today, it still had stock in it last weekend. Sad day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Actually drinking sugary drinks is really bad for panic attacks sufferers! Especially after one when you need to slow down your heart rate. And cutting back has been shown to reduce the likelihood of them occurring in cases. I don't drink any fizzy drinks or caffeine anymore :)

Just try getting used to a good breathing technique that works best for you, and try distract yourself! If it happens often you'll soon be able to read the signs early to prevent it taking hold once an attack does happen. Hopefully it won't come to that though!

Sleep is good, you'd be wrecked!

• Advertisement

Walking past the Galway one always makes me feel so depressed. I dunno if it's being gutted but there's cardboard stuck up to stop you seeing inside.

Actually drinking sugary drinks is really bad for panic attacks sufferers! Especially after one when you need to slow down your heart rate. And cutting back has been shown to reduce the likelihood of them occurring in cases. I don't drink any fizzy drinks or caffeine anymore :)

Just try getting used to a good breathing technique that works best for you, and try distract yourself! If it happens often you'll soon be able to read the signs early to prevent it taking hold once an attack does happen. Hopefully it won't come to that though!

Sleep is good, you'd be wrecked!

Really? I didn't know that, apologies. I haven't had one for over a year, used to get them several times a week due to PTSD before I finally responded well to years of treatment and am now healthy. I used to wait til my heart-rate felt normal again, and then would drink half a can of Fanta or something equally sugary because I was worn out. Maybe that's why I had them several times a week! :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Isn't Derry in Northern Ireland? I think most of the UK stores are staying open for the moment.

Derry is Northern Ireland and the Uk section of HMV was kept alive and is still operating although they will be scaling back there operations ;).

If I ever visit the UK again do not be suprised to see headlines of Irishman dry humps the crap out of a HMV store.

Derry is Northern Ireland and the Uk section of HMV was kept alive and is still operating although they will be scaling back there operations ;).

If I ever visit the UK again do not be suprised to see headlines of Irishman dry humps the crap out of a HMV store.

Thought so, I was 99% sure Derry was part of the UK, but actually Googled it a moment ago to check. :pac:

Yeah, UK stores are open. Think a day-trip to Belfast is in order for me soon! :) I promise not to dry-hump the store, I'll just lick the walls or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Had some good news yesterday. I work in a sales job that I get wages in alright, but commission on top of that for any sales made. I'm currently working in a really quiet shopping centre but yesterday I was offered a floating position between my store and another, much busier one! So I'm looking forward to getting more sales :D

But right now, today is my first day off of 8 in a row, and I'm flying out to Birmingham in the morning for a bit of a break! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anyone watching the football?

What is that piece of music that's played in the Gazprom ads? Can't put my finger on it but it sounds class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I had to tell my trainers tonight that I couldn't go to class. They didn't believe my excuse, which was that I got a smack off a car on my way home from work and my leg's in a jocker. I'm actually telling the truth, though! pacman.gif

You alright? Feel better.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the football?

What is that piece of music that's played in the Gazprom ads? Can't put my finger on it but it sounds class.

Haven't a clue and quick search hasn't thrown up anything.

@Miss Banana, Glad to hear you're alright. I had one panic attack a couple years, awful experience.

I just hit that sad moment when I finished the last piece of cake :(

Orim wrote: »
    You alright? Feel better.

Yeah just saw that, you ok?
    Haven't a clue and quick search hasn't thrown up anything.

This catchy little ditty:

@Miss Banana, Glad to hear you're alright. I had one panic attack a couple years, awful experience.

Likewise, glad to hear you're ok, I've had a few in the past and they're not nice at all.
    I just hit that sad moment when I finished the last piece of cake :(

Only one solution to that, find more cake :pac:

i don't know it but I defo recognise it. That's going to wreck my head now :(

Thanks Orim and P_1.

That's crazy Lyn, hope you're alright.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    i don't know it but I defo recognise it. That's going to wreck my head now :(

Feck, em sorry for that, if it's any consolation it's been wrecking my head too :pac:

Hope you feeling better killer I hav one once myself years ago at a bus stop didn't know what was going not a nice experience at all :(.

Just watched this video found it fascinating love how he speaks so philosophical.

And while on the above video was linked to this its pretty cool I think

Yes im on youtube bored and seeing were the wind takes me :o.

Yeah knew UK shops were open but so close to the border I don't really clarify the North as UK. Had been under impression all shops north and south were shut.

Well I had a few hours happy today thinking they'd re-open for a few weeks and I'd find more deals :)

Sorry to hear about he attack Banana. Only ever had one and honestly thought I was going to die!! Hyper ventilate into a bag works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My OH is away tonight, I'll be in the same boat later myself haha

And while on the above video was linked to this its pretty cool I think

That sounds class, what instruments were the two lads playing?

I'm grand guys, not a bother. I was crossing at a green light and the gobsh!te in the car ahead of me decided to reverse into me, giving me a lovely wallop to the leg. i responded by screaming abuse and throwing a bottle of water at the back window. :pac:

P_1 wrote: »
    That sounds class, what instruments were the two lads playing?

From what I can gather it's called a shamisen I'm liking it :).

If you're on japanese music, you can't go wrong with a bit of taiko drums

• Advertisement

Feck this I want to go to Japan it's certainly top of my list of places I want to visit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement