Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Tasty, tax and insurance could be 'interesting' on that though

Yeh tax is 1500 for a the year,insurance im not to worried about as the car doesn't fall under the boy racer bracket reckon I'd find it harder ti insure a Subaru STi or a Jap import. Tax is scary though but the thought of a 2.9 twin turbo petrol engine literally sends shivers down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeh tax is 1500 for a the year,insurance im not to worried about as the car doesn't fall under the boy racer bracket reckon I'd find it harder ti insure a Subaru STi or a Jap import. Tax is scary though but the thought of a 2.9 twin turbo petrol engine literally sends shivers down my spine.

Ah stop, you're making me jealous! Pretty annoyed at myself for only starting at this driving lark fairly recently. The best I'll probably be able to get for the foreseeable is a 1.4 Golf or something similar.

Ah stop, you're making me jealous! Pretty annoyed at myself for only starting at this driving lark fairly recently. The best I'll probably be able to get for the foreseeable is a 1.4 Golf or something similar.

Ah I was the same even though I always loved cars didn't start driving till I was 22, back when I was 18 they were charging people 5,000 to insure a car worth 500 was madness.

1.4 Golf not bad for a starter car, my first car was a 1.4 Astra and I loved it at the time, Im now up to 2.0 llitre Honda Accord which to be fair I still love but I want more power hence why I'm mulling over the BMW :).

How are the lessons going?

Ah I was the same even though I always loved cars didn't start driving till I was 22, back when I was 18 they were charging people 5,000 to insure a car worth 500 was madness.

1.4 Golf not bad for a starter car, my first car was a 1.4 Astra and I loved it at the time, Im now up to 2.0 llitre Honda Accord which to be fair I still love but I want more power hence why I'm mulling over the BMW :).

How are the lessons going?

They're going grand thanks, 2 more of those EDTs and I can apply for the test. I'm annoyed I can't apply now seeing as the waiting list is about 10 weeks but that's another day's rant.

They're going grand thanks, 2 more of those EDTs and I can apply for the test. I'm annoyed I can't apply now seeing as the waiting list is about 10 weeks but that's another day's rant.

Yeh this new system they have in is nearly just as bad as the old one, they still don't teach motorway driving or involve it in the test or proper rules of the road from what I can see, one the lads in work is in the same boat as yourself has done nine lessons, is currently driving a 1.4 Focus on his provisional to work etc and even after all these lessons he still didn't have a clue about lane etiquette when I said to him about right lane being the overtaking lane and not to be holding up traffic he looked at me with bewilderment he figured just go in which ever lane suits ya:rolleyes:.

We should do it like Finland, they should be the role model for all countries.

• Advertisement

Yeh this new system they have in is nearly just as bad as the old one, they still don't teach motorway driving or involve it in the test or proper rules of the road from what I can see, one the lads in work is in the same boat as yourself has done nine lessons, is currently driving a 1.4 Focus on his provisional to work etc and even after all these lessons he still didn't have a clue about lane etiquette when I said to him about right lane being the overtaking lane and not to be holding up traffic he looked at me with bewilderment he figured just go in which ever lane suits ya:rolleyes:.

We should do it like Finland, they should be the role model for all countries.

Yeah agree with you on the lane etiquette, had look that one up myself. Rule of thumb is always stay to the left unless you're overtaking or turning right isn't it?

Yeah agree with you on the lane etiquette, had look that one up myself. Rule of thumb is always stay to the left unless you're overtaking or turning right isn't it?

Good man :), the conversation with your man in work came up because he was giving out about some one behind him giving him a flash and getting frustrated when I asked him what lane he was in he said the right lane didn't know any different this after nine lessons :eek:.

That's exactly why you see so many idiots on on the motorway hogging the furthest right lane on the M50 clueless.

Yeah I've heard some horror stories about fools in the M50 truth be told. having said that, there's some amount of fools out on the roads in my neck of the woods.

Orim wrote: »
    i don't know it but I defo recognise it. That's going to wreck my head now :(

Solved the conundrum, it's Tchaikovsky's 'Piano Concerto #1'.

Consider my head unwrecked now :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Adiboo wrote: »
    Just got my tongue pierced for free by being a guinea pig for my apprentice friend :) It was always a piercing I was terrified of getting, and very glad I didn't puss out!

Does your friend need anymore guinea pigs??Id love my tongue pierced but Mrs Hellrazer reckons it looks gay on a bloke :)

Think Ill surprise her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have my tongue done, never been told it's gay looking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tongue? Nah, I wouldn't consider that gay. Now if you get the bellybutton done, that's a different story :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Free night out, as long as I agree to get drunk, stay til closing and go into work hungover tomorrow. I feckin' love my mam sometimes. :pac: Vodka in, heels on, wahey :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds like fun, enjoy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Free night out, as long as I agree to get drunk, stay til closing and go into work hungover tomorrow. I feckin' love my mam sometimes. :pac: Vodka in, heels on, wahey :D

Do you ever pay for drink? Enjoy your night.

I have a splitting headache and I'm considering going to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all, what's happening? Not long in, dinner is gone, NY Ink is on the telly and have some munchies. Tomorrow is gonna be a mad one, I'm dreading it! :( I wish I could split myself in two sometimes. It'd be handy. :D

Just back from walking the dogs there. The rottweiler is in heat, so that's always fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Denny M wrote: »
    The rottweiler is in heat, so that's always fun.

Got a mental image just there of you doing things with/to your dog!! :eek: :pac:

Gee, thanks :P It's more to do with the two male dachshunds we have :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Have my daughter overnight tonight for the first time since me and her mother split up almost 3 years ago. Had a great evening, she's tucked up in bed, Liverpool lost :( but now I'm off to bed to watch Modify with the oh.

• Advertisement

Been thinking of doing one of those Hell and Back things, looks like being something to work towards fitness wise

Been thinking of
    doing one of those Hell and Back things, looks like being something to
    work towards fitness wise

Marty did it last month, and I'm doing it in June. definitely go for it. :)

Orim, I almost always pay for my drinks! :p

Melion wrote: »
    Have my daughter overnight tonight for the first time since me and her mother split up almost 3 years ago. Had a great evening, she's tucked up in bed, Liverpool lost :( but now I'm off to bed to watch Modify with the oh.

Modify decent but some fairly gruesome bits :)
    Been thinking of doing one of those Hell and Back things, looks like being something to work towards fitness wise

Do it :), I done the one in January was tough as balls but I loved it and Im training for the one in June and eventually towards hopefully doing the half marathon at the end of the year :), I never thought Id say this in a million years but Im loving the fitness buzz :o.

In other news that car I was looking at earlier is already gone off carzone :(, but take away ordered on the way have blue bloods, Vegas and Breaking Bad all recorded and ready to watch now im just debating whether or not to open a bottle of wine I was given during the week hmmm.

Modify
    decent but some fairly gruesome bits :)

Do it :), I done the one in January was tough as balls but I loved it
    and Im training for the one in June and eventually towards hopefully
    doing the half marathon at the end of the year :), I never thought Id
    say this in a million years but Im loving the fitness buzz :o.

In other news that car I was looking at earlier is already gone off
    carzone :(, but take away ordered on the way have blue bloods, Vegas and
    Breaking Bad all recorded and ready to watch now im just debating
    whether or not to open a bottle of wine I was given during the week
    hmmm.

Do it!

Do it :), I done the one in January was tough as balls but I loved it and Im training for the one in June and eventually towards hopefully doing the half marathon at the end of the year :), I never thought Id say this in a million years but Im loving the fitness buzz :o.
    Yeah I'm the same myself, went for a jog today, realised that my running technigue was all wrong and that was what was causing me all the pain in the knees :o
    In other news that car I was looking at earlier is already gone off carzone :(, but take away ordered on the way have blue bloods, Vegas and Breaking Bad all recorded and ready to watch now im just debating whether or not to open a bottle of wine I was given during the week hmmm.

That's a bummer, having said that a car like that probably wasn't going to stay on the market for too long.

Yeah I'm the same myself, went for a jog today, realised that my running technigue was all wrong and that was what was causing me all the pain in the knees :o

That's a bummer, having said that a car like that probably wasn't going to stay on the market for too long.

Realise your running technique was all wrong? How you know? I didnt have any problem with my knees till I done hell & back and since my knees havent been right, have proper running runners got myself scanned and souls molded to my feet and all so don;t think its my technique :o.

Nah not at that price Ive seen two go up recently at that price and they have been snapped up fairly quick there about three more on carzone in that year but there ranging from 15k to 19k and im not willing to spend that much.

Realise your running technique was all wrong? How you know? I didnt have any problem with my knees till I done hell & back and since my knees havent been right, have proper running runners got myself scanned and souls molded to my feet and all so don;t think its my technique :o.

Nah not at that price Ive seen two go up recently at that price and they have been snapped up fairly quick there about three more on carzone in that year but there ranging from 15k to 19k and im not willing to spend that much.

I went out for a jog with a friend of mine who studied bio-mechanics (or something similarly technical sounding), he took one look at how I was running and basically said "jaysus Phil, that's totally wrong, try doing it this way instead". :o

Yeah that's a hell of a lot of money to be spending on a car that you'd be looking to replace in a few years anyway.

I went out for a jog with a friend of mine who studied bio-mechanics (or something similarly technical sounding), he took one look at how I was running and basically said "jaysus Phil, that's totally wrong, try doing it this way instead". :o

Yeah that's a hell of a lot of money to be spending on a car that you'd be looking to replace in a few years anyway.

Give us a loan of your friend will ya :pac:.

Yeh sure is although I reckong whatever car I buy next I'll keep for sometime even the car I have now Istill ove just want omething with more power so im hoping my next car will be a love affair that lasts longer :).

Give us a loan of your friend will ya :pac:.

Yeh sure is although I reckong whatever car I buy next I'll keep for sometime even the car I have now Istill ove just want omething with more power so im hoping my next car will be a love affair that lasts longer :).

Ha the inconsiderate fecker is going back to Birmingham after the weekend. PITA when most of your mates don't live in the country anymore :(

• Advertisement

Ha the inconsiderate fecker is going back to Birmingham after the weekend. PITA when most of your mates don't live in the country anymore :(

Selfish basterd :p, I know that feeling I have mates all over Oz and one in Canada but at the same time a good few have been gone and are back now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement