Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not as much as Weihenstephaner beer, yeh I had to check the splling of it but its delicious.

Try ordering one of those at the bar after you've had a few :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I had one of those last week at my friends 21st, wasn't too bad I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Try ordering one of those at the bar after you've had a few :p

:pac: try ordering one of them for your first never mind a few, probably be refused service for having to many on ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Not as much as Weihenstephaner beer, yeh I had to check the splling of it but its delicious.

No beer for me unfortunately. :o I'm drunk on life....NOT! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

:pac: try ordering one of them for your first never mind a few, probably be refused service for having to many on ya.

I'll have a Weihen, eh Weisen, eh Waffen, eh one of those lads thanks :pac:

• Advertisement

No beer for me unfortunately. :o I'm drunk on life....NOT! :(

Ouch well if it makes yeh feel any better im only having y first bottle now so don't really count a being on the beer, but I promise for all this being sensible soon as I touch Dublin Airport onwards the Barcelona trip ill will bee raping every bar in sight of its alcohol contents to make up for it.

Ouch well if it makes yeh feel any better im only having y first bottle now so don't really count a being on the beer, but I promise for all this being sensible soon as I touch Dublin Airport onwards the Barcelona trip ill will bee raping every bar in sight of its alcohol contents to make up for it.

Sure why wouldn't ya? What's the trip about if you don't mind me asking? Business or pleasure?

Sure why wouldn't ya? What's the trip about if you don't mind me asking? Business or pleasure?

True, ask away :). Its a stag do on Paddy's weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday night fly home monday take in a Barcelona match while there, oh and there twenty plus lads going should be fun :), so yeh all pleasure and beer galore.

True, ask away :). Its a stag do on Paddy's weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday night fly home monday take in a Barcelona match while there, oh and there twenty plus lads going should be fun :), so yeh all pleasure and beer galore.

Sounds wild. 3 weeks and counting eh? Something to look forward to. Good man.

Sounds wild. 3 weeks and counting eh? Something to look forward to. Good man.

Them 3 weeks can't come quick enough should be great craic it been a while since I got away and my mate im sharing the room with don't see very often these days married, mortgage economy has him screwed, so as they the craic will be ninety :) and im sure a lot of madness.

It just happens to be falling on my bill weeks which this time includes the last and biggest car payment , and insurance renewal so need to knuckle down a bit but worth it Ive no doubt :).

• Advertisement

It just happens to be falling on my bill weeks which this time includes the last and biggest car payment , and insurance renewal so need to knuckle down a bit but worth it Ive no doubt :).

Ouch! What a pisser! Ah well, pity you'll be too drunk to give a shite!! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember visiting Barca before, I was 16 or so at the time and it was a big deal trying to get some absinthe to bring home :P Now I know there's a shop in Dublin that sells it :D

Ouch! What a pisser! Ah well, pity you'll be too drunk to give a shite!! :pac:

Exactly once that week rolls around ill be raring to go, myself and one the lads have the Friday before we fly out sorted alreayd day off work etc, we fly out at 6 were heading the airport about 2 to kick off the celebrations early :D.
    Denny M wrote: »
    I remember visiting Barca before, I was 16 or so at the time and it was a big deal trying to get some absinthe to bring home :P Now I know there's a shop in Dublin that sells it :D

:pac::pac: I remember them days absinthe was like gold dust and bragging rights for people when they got home saying how they drank loads of it :pac:.

Ah yeah, those were the days :P I remember when I was out before some guy talking about how he drank a litre of poitin and was grand. I just casually went up to him, said "Nope, cause that'd kill you" and then walked off.

Ah yeah, those were the days :P I remember when I was out before some guy talking about how he drank a litre of poitin and was grand. I just casually went up to him, said "Nope, cause that'd kill you" and then walked off.

:pac: nice im sure that left them stuck for words. .I always wondered bout them people the morning after do be telling yeh I was locked had 6 pints twelve vodkas two shots of this and five shots of that then 6 bottles at a party. In my head do be going do do do do do di da do. Who the hell remembers what the hell they drank or counts it or tries to brag about it :pac:.

When in doubt, just say "I dunno, I had a fair few" :pac: I like to imagine though that there's some people who bring a notebook out and write down all they've had to drink for posterity :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

i tend to remember what i drink, i don't black out from drink. I used to drink a LOT up til recently, like legit scary amounts, but since I stopped going out getting completely paralytic, my tolerance has lowered, so eight drinks and I'm flying. had 6 drinks tonight and was locked, but sobering up now, phew :)

Yeah, I remember what I've drank in terms of names, but I don't remember the exact number of beers or shots I've had. I've never blacked out, though one of my friends seems to a lot. It's great fun reminding him what he's done the next day :D

I wont lie I just drink till the bar closes, I never think ok slow down, hmm go on the pints the vodkas kicking in or anything like it, just drink the evil barman says no. I've had interesting nights :).

I wont lie I
    just drink till the bar closes, I never think ok slow down, hmm go on
    the pints the vodkas kicking in or anything like it, just drink the evil
    barman says no. I've had interesting nights :).

Reminding you of what you've said and done after your nights out does be hilarious some times, like when your mates were all stealing your phone to talk to me and question me and make out like you were all vulnerable. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I remember what I've drank in terms of names, but I don't remember the exact number of beers or shots I've had. I've never blacked out, though one of my friends seems to a lot. It's great fun reminding him what he's done the next day :D

I black out a lot of weekends so do a lot of my friends :o. Theres one place we have all only been twice and for some reason both times everyone who went had a complete black out to the point with everyone ringing and texting everyone the next day trying to piece the night together, with one the lads even waking up in a weird position after wetting himself. Probably why we have all only gone there twice.

The place I usually go to (one of the two night clubs in Longford) has 2 euro drinks on Saturday night, so we usually have a bit of fun there. I've only been to one club in Dublin (the Button Factory) and I've gone to a fair few spots in Galway which are decent enough.

The place I usually go to (one of the two night clubs in Longford) has 2 euro drinks on Saturday night, so we usually have a bit of fun there. I've only been to one club in Dublin (the Button Factory) and I've gone to a fair few spots in Galway which are decent enough.

brb, moving to longford.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Reminding you of what you've said and done after your nights out does be hilarious some times, like when your mates were all stealing your phone to talk to me and question me and make out like you were all vulnerable. :pac:

:pac: shush you. That **** stirring fcuker not my fault hes going to be on MTV ;).

2 euro drink on a saturday holy mother of god I'd love that. Is Longford good for a night out? Im not mad on the Button Factory terrible layout plus it been Temple Bar no doubt the barman humps ya before handing over each drink.

:pac: shush
    you. That **** stirring fcuker not my fault hes going to be on MTV ;).

2 euro drink on a saturday holy mother of god I'd love that. Is Longford
    good for a night out? Im not mad on the Button Factory terrible layout
    plus it been Temple Bar no doubt the barman humps before handing over
    each drink.

He was gas, didn't believe a word of what he said about you being vulnerable. :pac:

button factory is a heap of crap tbh

It's all right I suppose. I don't tend to go out much, unless my friends are going out, cause I hate the music in clubs. I'm also usually one of the older ones in there, which at 21 is a bit daft.

Yeah, the Button Factory didn't appeal to me much, I was just up for a friends birthday. It was grand for concerts and stuff, but not great as a club.

It's all right I suppose. I don't tend to go out much, unless my friends are going out, cause I hate the music in clubs. I'm also usually one of the older ones in there, which at 21 is a bit daft.

Yeah, the Button Factory didn't appeal to me much, I was just up for a friends birthday. It was grand for concerts and stuff, but not great as a club.

Older ones at 21 :eek:, I know them kinda clubs plenty of them in Dublin. Yeh most clubs play ****e music my music taste is very eclectic apart form I pretty much hate pop music.

Older ones at 21 :eek:, I know them kinda clubs plenty of them in Dublin. Yeh most clubs play ****e music my music taste is very eclectic apart form I pretty much hate pop music.
    Like I said, it's a bit daft. I have a few friends who'd be a year or two older go out there, and occasionally you'll see someone into their 30s or older, but that's rare enough unless it's Christmas or something. Honestly, if it wasn't for the cheap drinks I dunno would I bother going out there.

I usually bring my ipod with me to be honest, at least then I'm sure I'll get something half decent to listen to :pac:

Like I said, it's a bit daft. I have a few friends who'd be a year or two older go out there, and occasionally you'll see someone into their 30s or older, but that's rare enough unless it's Christmas or something. Honestly, if it wasn't for the cheap drinks I dunno would I bother going out there.

I usually bring my ipod with me to be honest, at least then I'm sure I'll get something half decent to listen to :pac:

Is there no were else in Longford to go? Cheap drink will always sucker ya in.

:pac::pac: I can just picture it now a load of 16 year old girls dancing to Girls Aloud or something and you in the middle headphones on with some Metallica blaring giving it socks :pac:.

• Advertisement

There is another club, but I'm less fond of that one. Same sort of music, slightly older crowd, and very pricey drinks. I'd love a rock and metal bar/club, but sadly it's just not feasible here. Heck, closest there is to one in Galway is probably the Rosin Dubh, and that's mainly hipsters :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement