Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Condolences Lyn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

My sympathies are yours Eso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

thanks guys. He didn't die in agony like they thought he would, thankfully. they thought the infection would make him bleed from his skin and eyes and that an absess on his brain would burst, but none of that happened. his lungs filled with fluid and he just stopped breathing in his sleep, while getting a foot massage. spoiled git :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Condolences Lyn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jeez sounds like he went peacefully in comparison to what he might have suffered. Fair play to him for putting up the fight for as long as he could and my condolences to you and yours Lyn.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. He really did fight it. The docs said he should have been dead within a day or two, but he held out for 2 weeks since diagnosis. none of the docs have ever seen a person fight it for more than a few days. I love that he was a fighter right to the end, leaves us all with proof of what a strong person he was :) Now to try get my manager to do a double shift so that i can go to the funeral, as the company owner won't send out relief staff to cover me. :( my manager said she'd do it once I find out what day the funeral is, though, thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    my manager said she'd do it once I find out what day the funeral is, though, thank god.

Well, that's something at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sorry to hear about your uncle Lynn! :(

thanks damo.

Off to sleep for me now, long day in work ahead of me, oh joy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Really sorry about your uncle Lyn. Sounds like he was a fighter alright going by what the doctors were saying.

Also hello everyone, I'm back after a few days away in Birmingham. Didn't do anything mental but it was a nice break :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Really sorry to hear Lyn!! My deepest condolences :( hope your ok!!

Thanks mate. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm fine, but I'm holding it together for the most part, although I did start crying while talking to a customer. A very awkward conversation ensued! But in my first hour here, I've matched the sales for an 8 hour day yesterday, so I'm gonna basically make no effort for the rest of the day.

Guys, if anyone is interested, I have a set of tickets for the ladykillers in the bord gais energy theatre for Friday at half seven in the evening that I can't use due to work and the death, things are a bit up in the air! If anyone wants them, they're free obviously, just need to arrange collection in coolock or donaghmede :) pm me if you want 'em, none of my mates do :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't even know who/what the Ladykillers are :pac:

Denny M wrote: »

I don't either really, it's some show that has gotten good reviews and has a few minor celebs in it, seemingly quite funny.

I don't either really, it's some show that has gotten good reviews and has a few minor celebs in it, seemingly quite funny.

its a play based on an old movie, where a group of criminals rent an old woman's basement and use it as home-base to plan a robbery, she finds out about it and the only way for them to get away with it is to kill her! its a comedy! the play was adapted by wanna the lads who co-wrote father ted!

There was a re-make of the film a few yrs ago with tom hanks I believe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gregers85 wrote: »
    its a play based on an old movie, where a group of criminals rent an old woman's basement and use it as home-base to plan a robbery, she finds out about it and the only way for them to get away with it is to kill her! its a comedy! the play was adapted by wanna the lads who co-wrote father ted!

There was a re-make of the film a few yrs ago with tom hanks I believe

Arthur Mathews or Graham Linehan? Cause I love Linehan, 3 of his shows are favourites of mine, Black Books, Fr. Ted, and The IT Crowd.

Arthur Mathews or Graham Linehan? Cause I love Linehan, 3 of his shows are favourites of mine, Black Books, Fr. Ted, and The IT Crowd.

Graham Linehan, He was on Matt Cooper on today FM yesterday! he was saying he has a new show coming out ion TV soon too!!

Awesome, I hope it'll be as good as his others.

Well now gregers has told everyone what it's about, there's a pair of tickets in my house if anyone wants to take them :)

An old friend's mother, who HATED me, spotted me in work and I've somehow volunteered to give her son's cv to my boss and she told me she always really liked me and was sorry for listening to lies that were spread about me and that I'm a lovely girl, and 'you've gotten so thin.' I'm feckin FAR from thin :pac: nice compliment all the same :)

• Advertisement

People are so funny sometimes when they are trying to suck up. One of my friends parents never really liked me cause of my facial piercings, then when I was at my friends 21st during the summer and I had gotten him a big gift (he was one of my best/only friends in school) she started saying how nice I was all along, all the while trying to avoid looking at my septum piercing :pac:

People are so
    funny sometimes when they are trying to suck up. One of my friends parents never really liked me cause of my facial piercings, then when I was at my friends 21st during the summer and I had gotten him a big gift (he was one of my best/only friends in school) she started saying how nice I was all along, all the while trying to avoid looking at my septum
    piercing :pac:

I love when they do that. :pac: I'm constantly told by my gran that my tattoos are horrendous and that I'm ruining my body, but when she wants something, she tells me they're actually quite pretty. :pac: older sister does the same :pac:

Tickets gone to adiboo :) so that's another boardsie I'll be meeting. that makes three from this forum alone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

so that's another boardsie I'll be meeting

And the coolest tbh :p

Adiboo wrote: »
    And the coolest tbh :p

If i agreed with that, I'd never see Marty again, he'd disown me! :p

If i agreed with that, I'd never see Marty again, he'd disown me! :p

I'll be happy with a tie I suppose :p

On another note, my tongue has stopped being a right pain! I managed to get down two Big Al burgers there. First substantial thing I've had since I got it pierced! :)

Only thing now is there is a big dent where the ball sits. But I assume this will go away when the last of the swelling goes and I get the shorter bar put in.

Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I just woke up to see Daft Punk are teasing the world with a new poster which is reported to be the cover for there new album under new label Columbia, there site has crashed took me about countless attempts to get it to load and when I finally did was just a picture of the poster and nothing else teasing bastards.

I don't know if anyone else is a fan but there album Alive 2007 was one of my favorite albums of recent years and there one hell of an act to see live spectacular, hopefully they tour this year with the new album I would be first in the que.

Them releasing a new album along with QOTSA ill be happy this year :).

I don't know if anyone else is a fan but there album Alive 2007 was one of my favorite albums of recent years

That album was the bees knees!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Saw them at Oxegen in 2008 (i think), one of the best live shows ive ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement