Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Adiboo wrote: »
    That album was the bees knees!

Sure was after seeing the poster and all the hype im listening to it right now :).

Melion wrote: »
    Saw them at Oxegen in 2008 (i think), one of the best live shows ive ever seen.

Yeh that's were I saw them aswell. I remember they were on the same time as Muse I think who had won awards all that year for best live act and on the main stage and they nearly cleared Muse out with the crowd they drew they were unbelievable.

If they announce a tour for me it will be must go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sure was after seeing the poster and all the hype im listening to it right now :).

You mentioning it has me listening to it too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Love daft punk :) I would listen to them now, but I'd probably be sacked if i just stand here with headphones in, ignoring the customers. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't even know Daft Punk were still going :o I'm tempted to go to Rotten Sound this Friday, tickets are still available so I might do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I dunno the "Alive" album, I'll have to check it out. My two favourites are:

and

Stardust had one of the members of Daft Punk (and you can hear that in it!) but I loved this too:

Denny M wrote: »
    I didn't even
    know Daft Punk were still going :o I'm tempted to go to Rotten Sound
    this Friday, tickets are still available so I might do it.

do it! you know you want to ;) Jesus, work is so busy. I've done 4 times the sales for all of yesterday in only 3 and a half hours, wtf. If i don't get my commission for this, I'll crack up :pac:

All quality :) you certainly know they had a hand in Stardust "Music sounds better with you". Definitely check out the "alive" album though probably there best its crossed all music fans and is one of the most revered albums around.

I gave a man in work a copy of it who is big into music but hated electronic music, he is in his early 50's and he loved it went out and bought all there albums after it.

The full album is on youtube.

only a little over an hour left in work, then the lovely task of having dinner with all the family and make my uncle's funeral arrangements. wahey. on the plus side, I've somehow absolutely destroyed my day's sales targets, despite the fact that i stood at the counter on the net and reading a book, taking as many breaks as i wanted. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

All quality :) you certainly know they had a hand in Stardust "Music sounds better with you". Definitely check out the "alive" album though probably there best its crossed all music fans and is one of the most revered albums around.

I gave a man in work a copy of it who is big into music but hated electronic music, he is in his early 50's and he loved it went out and bought all there albums after it.

The full album is on youtube.

I love my electronica but I simply can't get worked up over Daft Punk. Seen them live quite a few times now and it is still very meh for me.

• Advertisement

legspin wrote: »
    I love my
    electronica but I simply can't get worked up over Daft Punk. Seen them
    live quite a few times now and it is still very meh for me.

I'm the exact opposite. :pac: I'm very much a rock/metal enthusiast, but Daft Punk are one of the only, if not the only, electronic music groups I like

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm the exact opposite. :pac: I'm very much a rock/metal enthusiast, but Daft Punk are one of the only, if not the only, electronic music groups I like

I think that may be the crux of the matter. There are very few metal bands I would choose to listen too but I have a feeling that of those I do, you would consider them bland, overly commercial and not all that original.

If given the choice of Daft Punk over pretty much any metal band I know which I would choose though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that may be the crux of the matter. There are very few metal bands I would choose to listen too but I have a feeling that of those I do, you would consider them bland, overly commercial and not all that original.

If given the choice of Daft Punk over pretty much any metal band I know which I would choose though

Ya hipster :p:D

I love my electronica but I simply can't get worked up over Daft Punk. Seen them live quite a few times now and it is still very meh for me.

Ah no there is something wrong with you :D:p. I love all types of music from trance, electronic, rock, indie, soul, reggae, 80's cheese little bits of everything really. Daft Punk are one of my favorites no doubt though they really have there own unique sound that no one can quite match imo Justice maybe being the closest.

Only thing I really wont listen to is modern day pop music or rappers or the type of stuff that draws in the Swedish House Mafia crowd ;).

nothing wrong with pop, mcfly are bleedin' deadly. :pac:

seriously, I really do love mcfly hahaha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just curious, what metal bands would be your favourites of the genre?

nothing wrong with pop, mcfly are bleedin' deadly. :pac:

seriously, I really do love mcfly hahaha

Aren't they just like a glorified boy band? :P.

Aren't they just like a glorified boy band? :P.
    They are the poor man's Busted! :pac:

They are the poor man's Busted! :pac:

I loved busted too..... :o

Feck off, Marty :(

Good god, this family gathering is depressing. I'm slightly drunk, and went for a walk to clear my head. now to get even more drunk so that I fall asleep easily tonight!

I remember one Busted song, that one "Year 3000" I think it was. Says a lot for how my taste in music has gone I guess :P

• Advertisement

I remember one
    Busted song, that one "Year 3000" I think it was. Says a lot for how my
    taste in music has gone I guess :P

I know every word to every song they've done. :o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I know every word to every song they've done. :o :pac:

That's just sad. :P :pac:

That's just sad. :P :pac:

I was 10 when I listened to them ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I was 10 when I listened to them ffs!

That wasn't too long ago! :D

Just curious, what metal bands would be your favourites of the genre?

Metallica and AC/DC. Y'know, tractor music. Don't ask me about more modern metal than that. It's just not my cup of tea.

Ah fair enough, I'm not really a fan of either of those. I know a death metal band that did a full album cover of Back In Black though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah fair enough, I'm not really a fan of either of those. I know a death metal band that did a full album cover of Back In Black though :D

Who did that? Would love to give a listen.

Orim wrote: »
    Who did that? Would love to give a listen.

Not exactly the thing you asked for but...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plays_Metallica_by_Four_Cellos

Saw these guys in the Ambassador. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Apocalyptica? Bloody savage band, Melo-M are another one of those type bands.

In other news, Barcelona, why you not score? The tattoo fund needs you to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Actually have the CD in the house :)

Great band alright. Would've loved to have seen them but I keep missing their gigs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement