Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ankhyu wrote: »
    That sounds awful!! I thought I had bad luck with my cars being damaged! Wow.

My last car was scratched to sh1t and dented along the side, and the wing mirror hanging off, from some (probably stolen) car driving on a footpath between my car and a wall one night!!

My current car has been dented by someone probably reversing into me while I had the car parked in Limerick, and also a scumbag child has etched his/her name/nickname into my bonnet. It says "Shanno". Thankfully it's only noticeable when you look closely...

Jesus all of the above would drive me nuts, nothing worse than someone damaging something you own and work hard to pay for. Im getting angry for you just reading that :pac:.

Im usually very prtotective over my car, if im in a car park I alway park down the back were its quiet or If I have to park beside cars I refuse to park beside cars that look like the owner couldn't give two ****s, sadly to many people don't respect other peoples property or even there own its madness.

I remember one day having a row with a woman who bounced her door off my car while I was sitting in it and when I asked her what she was playing at all I got was sure whats the big deal sure its only a car :eek:, I know not everyone is into cars but damn at least respect your own and others property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I remember one day having a row with a woman who bounced her door off my car while I was sitting in it and when I asked her what she was playing at all I got was sure whats the big deal sure its only a car :eek:, I know not everyone is into cars but damn at least respect your own and others property.

WOW!! The exact same thing happened to me in a Tesco carpark. Herself went in to get a few bits, I was chillin' listening to the sounds and then BANG! I looked out at this stupid bitch who didn't even acknowledge what she did. Like you, I rolled down the window and just said "sorry, do you mind leaving my car door where it is?" and her reply was "what's the problem, it's just a car!". I saw red! I got out and let fly at her, by the time I was done, she was in tears. Fuckin' eejit!! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Brick through her window. It's only a car after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Denny M wrote: »
    Brick through her window. It's only a car after all!

Was just going to suggest her reaction might not be as blase if it was her car that got the bang

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

WOW!! The exact same thing happened to me in a Tesco carpark. Herself went in to get a few bits, I was chillin' listening to the sounds and then BANG! I looked out at this stupid bitch who didn't even acknowledge what she did. Like you, I rolled down the window and just said "sorry, do you mind leaving my car door where it is?" and her reply was "what's the problem, it's just a car!". I saw red! I got out and let fly at her, by the time I was done, she was in tears. Fuckin' eejit!! :mad:

Ha I reckon we all have incidents like that like I said some people just have no respect for there own property so they dont respect others its one the few thing that will make me see red myself. One woman who made me see red most was driving through town after getting a tattoo was sitting at the junction red light beside the George going left up towards Dublin Castle ( for those who know or live in Dublin) when a cyclist comes along smacks into my mirror bends it backwards looks and just cycles off without saying a word or fixing it and my mirror in motor operated so doing that can break the motor.

Anyways light goes green I tore up the road after went on a mad rant how she should have checked the mirror and apologised barely allowed her to get a word in whilst I had also kinda blocked traffic behind me to rant at her :o, just as you say saw red.

Some people are idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ha I reckon we all have incidents like that like I said some people just have no respect for there own property so they dont respect others its one the few thing that will make me see red myself. One woman who made me see red most was driving through town after getting a tattoo was sitting at the junction red light beside the George going left up towards Dublin Castle ( for those who know or live in Dublin) when a cyclist comes along smacks into my mirror bends it backwards looks and just cycles off without saying a word or fixing it and my mirror in motor operated so doing that can break the motor.

Anyways light goes green I tore up the road after went on a mad rant how she should have checked the mirror and apologised barely allowed her to get a word in whilst I had also kinda blocked traffic behind me to rant at her :o, just as you say saw red.

Some Most people are idiots.

That's how it seems to me at times ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Incredible how it's always, always, always women :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Tbh, I don't know a single good female driver personally.

I pity the population of Ireland when I start lessons in a month or so. I fully believe I'll end up killing either myself or someone else. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My sister started driving this year, and she's a lot better than both me and my mam thought she'd be. We expected a lot of road rage :pac:

My sister
    started driving this year, and she's a lot better than both me and my
    mam thought she'd be. We expected a lot of road rage :pac:

I always laugh at Marty's road rage but tbh, I know when I start driving, I'll be ten times worse. I'll be screaming at people left right and centre. :D

• Advertisement

I have to start learning to drive soon, but I'm kinda sure/hoping I'll manage to be calm on the road. And it'll be nice to have full control of a radio too :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Im usually very prtotective over my car, if im in a car park I alway park down the back were its quiet or If I have to park beside cars I refuse to park beside cars that look like the owner couldn't give two ****s, sadly to many people don't respect other peoples property or even there own its madness.

I'm the same. I spend ages driving around car parks looking for a good spot to park in - and I'd most definitely park beside someone who looks like they look after their car, and not a child seat in sight. Once roared at a child who whacked their door into my car when they were hopping out. Their Mammy was none too impressed when the child started welling up. Maybe she should teach her feckin' youngling to not swing the door open!

I don't get road rage really though. Very rarely beep the horn or flash lights at people, cos things can escalate quickly and life is too short. I'm happy in the knowledge that I don't drive like an idiot (much :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'd like to think that I'm a good driver generally, I don't get too much road rage either, but people do p*ss me off. I agree on the female driver thing, but there's plenty of bad male drivers around too! Tailgating, dangerous overtaking, driving too slowly and not knowing how to use roundabouts all annoy me and apparently some cars don't come with indicators either ¬¬

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

When I got my bmw I parked like a dick in between 2 spaces :(

I'm meeting Adiboo today. Be jealous. :cool:

Payyyyyyyyyyydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm meeting Adiboo today. Be jealous. :cool

Should I be nervous? :p

Adiboo wrote: »
    Should I be nervous? :p

Pft no, I'm pretty shy IRL actually. :pac:

My dad just came back from shopping with a Subway and a coffee for me. I don't know what's gotten into him, but I feckin' love him right now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm meeting Adiboo today. Be jealous. :cool:

Say hi to him for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I know it won't be most folks' here cup of tea but I am currently listening to Donal Dineen's show on 2XM. I'm a bit of a fan anyway tbh but it is a great show this morning.

I should meet some more boardsies some time :P I'll get to a beers some day!

• Advertisement

I should meet some more boardsies some time :P I'll get to a beers some day!

Come to Dublin and I'll buy ya a beer :p

Well I'm up in Dublin tomorrow, and I'm meeting someone from boards then, but I don't think that really counts cause I've been friends with him for years before I was on boards :pac:

Well I'm up in Dublin tomorrow, and I'm meeting someone from boards then, but I don't think that really counts cause I've been friends with him for years before I was on boards :pac:

No, that doesn't count, especially 'cause I'm working. :(

From boards, I've met Marty, Jenizzle, Agent Smith, P_1, Cupcake Crisis (before I knew she was even on boards :pac: ), Galvasean and a few others. I'll be meeting Adiboo today, and I'm meeting about 20 more boardsies at another beers soon.

With other sites, I've met about 25 people from other sites I use, some of whom I even flew to London to hang out with more than once. :pac: But I'd been speaking to them for years before even thinking of doing that. :)

I'm a feckin' nerd. That said, 90% of my friends are normal, real life people. :pac:

I've met atavan-halen and a couple of folks from the pokemon section, and that's about it really for me (at least that I'm aware of :P)

I've met atavan-halen and a couple of folks from the pokemon section, and that's about it really for me (at least that I'm aware of :P)

I've gone on dates with boardsies, Agent Smith is one of my closest friends, Marty is my favourite boardsie (he'd kill me if I said otherwise :pac: ) and I've gotten drunk with more than one boardsie.

I need to get out more. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sure EVERYONE knows Agent Smith!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've met loads from boards. I'm a bit of a social slut actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yes. Yes you are.
    Pokéwhore. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't like to interact with humans.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Pretty sure ye've probably met loads of Boardsies without being conscious of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement