Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

hdowney wrote: »
    Just think - win lotto, get ALL the tattoos!!!! Oh so many Ideas, I will run out of skin :(

Na--Cos when you run out if skin you`ll be able to afford to Laser it all off and start again!!!!!!!!And so on,and so on.......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You can afford then to get someone else tattooed, your own living piece of art ;-)

Speaking of that.Read in a magazine about some artist that wanted to have a living canvas so he pays this bloke to get tattooed and then he murders him and framed the skin to hang in a gallery.Back in the 1800s I think.

Theres another one about a bloke that paid all these people to use their skin but wants it when they die again to frame and stick in an art gallery.

Wierd stuff indeed!!!!

Heres another one-donated his skin to an art gellery for when he dies.
    http://newsbizarre.com/2009/05/geoff-ostling-tattoo-man-skin-to-hang.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It puts the lotion on the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

It puts the lotion on the skin.

smiley-shocked032.gif smiley-scared003.gif

For some unknown reason I appear to live in a city that is a black hole of good piercers. I had a nightmare about how naked my ears are :(

• Advertisement

For some unknown reason I appear to live in a city that is a black hole of good piercers. I had a nightmare about how naked my ears are :(

I know that feeling.Had to take mine out when the new owners took over the company.Thankfully they cant see my nape or else that would have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I figure this is as good a place as any. Can somebody check the email address for Skin City for me? Their site is blocked in work.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't want to post anyone's email address on here as such, so will PM it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Cheers Damo. Lashed out an email there so will wait and see what they see.

Hopefully they won't laugh too hard and I'll get me a new tat. Might even end with up with a picture of this one so I could share it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally got around to booking a time to get a new tattoo on Monday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Denny M wrote: »
    Finally got around to booking a time to get a new tattoo on Monday :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550063&page=15 ;):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't gotten it yet, when I went in on Monday they told me their machine had broken, so they couldn't do anything until they get a replacement in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Denny M wrote: »
    I haven't gotten it yet, when I went in on Monday they told me their machine had broken, so they couldn't do anything until they get a replacement in :(

Oh right say that was a bit of a dissapointment, nothing worse then when your all hyped for somethingand it falls through. But sure when you do get it done ya know what thread to go to :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just two quick questions, I don't think these are relevant enough to start new threads so I'm hoping its okay to post them here.

I got my tragus pierced about 3 years ago, and I got my surface tragus pierced last week, on the same ear. I'm finding it very difficult to clean it because of the angle of the bar, and also because the bar from the older piercing is in the way. Any tips?!

Also, how do you deal with "Ew, that's so gross, if my son/daughter/husband/dog got that done I'd throw them out of the house!" comments? People seem to feel as though their own personal opinions are wanted on my piercings and I feel really awkward because I never know how to reply.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post questions like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just two quick questions, I don't think these are relevant enough to start new threads so I'm hoping its okay to post them here.

I got my tragus pierced about 3 years ago, and I got my surface tragus pierced last week, on the same ear. I'm finding it very difficult to clean it because of the angle of the bar, and also because the bar from the older piercing is in the way. Any tips?!

Also, how do you deal with "Ew, that's so gross, if my son/daughter/husband/dog got that done I'd throw them out of the house!" comments? People seem to feel as though their own personal opinions are wanted on my piercings and I feel really awkward because I never know how to reply.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post questions like this!

Don't know what to say re the cleaning. As to the other, for me personally it depends on the person. It'd range from polite nodding (like ya do with dotty old dears in the street who talk rubbish to ya) to telling them to pish off and mine they noses

Wow I never had a comment like that in my life!

I do get a lot of grimaces and girls holding their boob when you mention nipple piercings! Even worse when I mentioned my planned VCH :pac:

Few older women in my old workplace who have no piercings would cringe at my ears too, but more cause they are afraid of pain I think.

Wow I never had a comment like that in my life!

I do get a lot of grimaces and girls holding their boob when you mention nipple piercings! Even worse when I mentioned my planned VCH :pac:

Few older women in my old workplace who have no piercings would cringe at my ears too, but more cause they are afraid of pain I think.

I get it all the time from various people. Woman in church when I got one of my tattoos was prattling on about it is evils and all that shiz, says so in the bible, against god and yadayadayada - fckn twat has her ears pierced!!! (the piece in the bible that deals with tats mentions piercings aswell)

Just using a cotton pad/wad soaked in boiled, cooled sea salt solution should do the trick. Don't rub at it too much, just hold it in place to let it do its work.
    smile-and-wave.jpg
    Honestly, you could get into a debate about it, that'll end up with this opinionated person, who will drag you down to their level and beat you with experienced idiocy. Or you could simply ignore it. :)

Or go the smart arsed retort way, which will depend on who it is and where you are. In work/to someone that matters, not worth it. If it's somewhere else, and this person has deemed themselves important enough to get an earful of their nonsense, a well phrased put down should put them back in their box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

I'm not a regular poster here, but I came across this artist on instagram and I'm absolutely in love! More of her work is here if anyone wants to have a look. I don't think I've seen anyone in Ireland work in this kind of style, but I'd love something like this. Especially the pink rose with the dripping effect, I actually had a similar idea in mind a while back.

I'm not a regular poster here, but I came across this artist on instagram and I'm absolutely in love! More of her work is here if anyone wants to have a look. I don't think I've seen anyone in Ireland work in this kind of style, but I'd love something like this. Especially the pink rose with the dripping effect, I actually had a similar idea in mind a while back.

This is my favourite
    267523_2034066324760_5590206_n.jpg

I would really like this as a way of proposing!

• Advertisement

This is my favourite
    http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267523_2034066324760_5590206_n.jpg

I would really like this as a way of proposing!

You want my dead body to propose with a giant emerald?

I suppose your dead body would be the next best thing to your live body eh peach!?!?!

I suppose your dead body would be the next best thing to your live body eh peach!?!?!

I object! :eek:

With an awesome tache!!

Well at least you`d always be "stiff" ;)

Hellrazer wrote: »

For a change ¬_¬

You guys! You promised not to bring that up! Not that I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So I'm drunk and got naked

Pssshhh I'm sober and got naked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I object! :eek:
    With an awesome tache!!
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    For a change ¬_¬
    You guys! You promised not to bring that up! Not that I can...
    Pssshhh I'm sober and got naked.

smiley-laughing013.gif smiley-laughing013.gif

Seriously guys!! LMFAO @ this thread! Better than ANY episode of Corrie! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement