Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Valuing Bale at 70 million is a bit of a joke really. He's a good player, but he's not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

he's a 40-50 million player, in zidans day he's 25-30 the brittish media always over value uk players

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Depp wrote: »
    chap just keeps rollin on....have him at 70 million now...only gunna get more 'spensive, did put em back in their place allright though....in 3rd place :D

Im sorry who are you? :p, Bale 70 million ah bless next you will be telling me he's the best player in the league, he wasn't great yestereday at all our wonky defence gifted him a goal ;). Pop on over to the Arsenal thread like a few your fellow fans did and got schooled ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

God, I know nothing about this. I feel like such a woman.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Did ye see that ludicrous display last night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jenizzle wrote: »
    Did ye see that ludicrous display last night?
    What was Wenger thinking? :pac:

that ref huh what was he like!! gewan moss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You see the problem with Arsenal is that they're always trying to walk it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fing about Arsenal is, they always try an' walk it in.

[edit]
    Damn you Orim...

Now I've got cockney neck :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Arawn wrote: »
    Bale is definately not worth 70 million. Especially if united resign ronnie for 60

60m :)

United sold him for almost 90m, he is twice the player he was at Old Trafford and now people expect to sign him for less than he was sold for. Delusional United fans do make me LOL

Nah thats not the problem was never a problem before the problem is Wenger and his stubbornness and to many average players of our whole squad I would only have four that would be guaranteed starters every week and two of them didn't even start yesterday.

I have a feeling there were will be big changes at Arsenal come the summer, also yesterday was Spurs highlight of an otherwise empty past for us its only a blip the future is bright at Arsenal.

City. United, Chelsea fans can troll the crap out of us Spurs fans can't ;).

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Nah thats not the problem was never a problem before the problem is Wenger and his stubbornness and to many average players of our whole squad I would only have four that would be guaranteed starters every week and two of them didn't even start yesterday.

I have a feeling there were will be big changes at Arsenal come the summer, also yesterday was Spurs highlight of an otherwise empty past for us its only a blip the future is bright at Arsenal.

City. United, Chelsea fans can troll the crap out of us Spurs fans can't ;).

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

As an outsider, i would much rather be a Spurs fan right now than an Arsenal fan. A young manager who is only going to improve them even more, some great young players, the best run club in the league. CL qualification this season will mean they can attract the best players available.

They are 1 world class striker away from challenging for the league IMO.

One thing I've always thought Arsenal had was a great youth system, they've had some great younger players over the years.

Denny M wrote: »
    One thing I've always thought Arsenal had was a great youth system, they've had some great younger players over the years.

Havent seemed to produce too much lately. Kieran Gibbs is the only one in their squad who came through their ranks AFAIK (Ninja Edit: And Wilshere)

TBH it was lauded for a long time but did it ever really produce a world class player?

Melion wrote: »
    60m :)

United sold him for almost 90m, he is twice the player he was at Old Trafford and now people expect to sign him for less than he was sold for. Delusional United fans do make me LOL

Hehad just won the ballon dor, and was mid contract, he has 2 years left. Also it is expected to be one of the most complex deals in history with image rights and other sponsorship deals.

So yes, 60-65 million is the number being touted. Troll attempts by other fans do make me smile especially coming from a mid table club like pool

Hehad just won the ballon dor, and was mid contract, he has 2 years left. Also it is expected to be one of the most complex deals in history with image rights and other sponsorship deals.

So yes, 60-65 million is the number being touted. Troll attempts by other fans do make me smile especially coming from a mid table club like pool

Image rights? Sponsorship deals?

They matter to Ronaldo and Uniteds ability to afford his wages, not to Real Madrid. They will need to be paid money for THEIR player.

Ah yes I forgot how players in the last year or two can't force clubs to sell...RVP how are ya. Even if they keep him another year his value will fall a ton and he is currently refusing to sign a new contract. If they do sell him back for the 60-65 million, it will be the same as signing him for 30 odd which is business sense and they can go buy another big star

As an outsider, i would much rather be a Spurs fan right now than an Arsenal fan. A young manager who is only going to improve them even more, some great young players, the best run club in the league. CL qualification this season will mean they can attract the best players available.

They are 1 world class striker away from challenging for the league IMO.

I dont agree there being over hyped by the English media along with Bale who yes is good but not that good he is not fit to lace Ronaldos or Messi's boots. Yesterday they won fair play but we gifted them two easy goals, we badly need to tighten up our defence which I think we will see at least one CB coming in this summer and captaincy taken of Verm.

The best run club in the league? Nope sorry that would be Arsenal who constantly make a profit and with the debts begining to clear up and finances becoming available again our spending power will be increased massively along with a lot of the deadwood been taken of the wage bill this summer freeing up more money for wages and players. We have a lump some payment from Emirates coming, two big sponsorship deals in the far east, and jersey rights coming up for renewal with a lot of reports saying it will be Adidas with a huge deal, when Wenger had money to spend he created the invincibles lets see what he can do now money is becoming available again.

Ah yes I forgot how players in the last year or two can't force clubs to sell...RVP how are ya. Even if they keep him another year his value will fall a ton and he is currently refusing to sign a new contract. If they do sell him back for the 60-65 million, it will be the same as signing him for 30 odd which is business sense and they can go buy another big star

He has 2 years left, Madrid dont even have to contemplate selling him until summer 2014. And even if they did sell him then, he would still fetch 50m+ if his current form keeps up, there is no way on this earth that he will go for 60m this summer. All the rubbish about him "coming home" is the most cringey thing ive ever seen from United fans.

• Advertisement

I dont agree there being over hyped by the English media along with Bale who yes is good but not that good he is not fit to lace Ronaldos or Messi's boots. Yesterday they won fair play but we gifted them two easy goals, we badly need to tighten up our defence which I think we will see at least one CB coming in this summer and captaincy taken of Verm.

The best run club in the league? Nope sorry that would be Arsenal who constantly make a profit and with the debts begining to clear up and finances becoming available again our spending power will be increased massively along with a lot of the deadwood been taken of the wage bill this summer freeing up more money for wages and players. We have a lump some payment from Emirates coming, two big sponsorship deals in the far east, and jersey rights coming up for renewal with a lot of reports saying it will be Adidas with a huge deal, when Wenger had money to spend he created the invincibles lets see what he can do now money is becoming available again.

Using Messi and Ronaldo to judge Bale is a bit unfair. Those 2 are on a different planet to every other player. He has been the best player in the premier league this season, no question about it.

Sorry but Arsenal have had plenty of money to spend for the last few years. Wenger has spent it very poorly. This is the worst Arsenal team in the last 15 years.That would be the first change i would want made as an Arsenal fan, Wenger has done incredible things at Arsenal but IMO his time is up.

Havent seemed to produce too much lately. Kieran Gibbs is the only one in their squad who came through their ranks AFAIK (Ninja Edit: And Wilshere)

TBH it was lauded for a long time but did it ever really produce a world class player?

Wilshere, Ashley Cole, Fabregas (he was with us from 15) does count. Szczesny and Gibbs both have bright futures aswell and came from the youth system aswell ;). Then add in the amount of Vieira's Toure etc Wenger bought as young men and schooled them to become top class footballers and its makes for some list.

Wilshere, Ashley Cole, Fabregas (he was with us from 15) does count. Szczesny and Gibbs both have bright futures aswell and came from the youth system aswell ;). Then add in the amount of Vieira's Toure etc Wenger bought as young men and schooled them to become top class footballers and its makes for some list.

Fabregas was signed from Barca, doesnt count.

I strongly disagree about Szczesny, Arsenal will never win the league with him in goal, far too many mistakes. Gibbs looks average, a mid-table defender.

So you have Ashley Cole and Jack Wilshere, Cole is one of the best fullbacks to every play in the premier league. Wilshere has definitely got potential but isnt he a bit injury prone?

Using Messi and Ronaldo to judge Bale is a bit unfair. Those 2 are on a different planet to every other player. He has been the best player in the premier league this season, no question about it.

Sorry but Arsenal have had plenty of money to spend for the last few years. Wenger has spent it very poorly. This is the worst Arsenal team in the last 15 years.That would be the first change i would want made as an Arsenal fan, Wenger has done incredible things at Arsenal but IMO his time is up.

Im not using using them the media are wasnt it Jeff Stelling who said Bale was better than Ronaldo :pac:. As much a it pains me Van Persie has been the best player in the league this year and will be the difference between United lifting the league compared to last season.

Arsenal havent had plenty of money to spend the last few season were are you getting this from? It is the worst Arsenal team in 15 years but as I said we will see changes this summer. I have called for Wengers head many a time ask any regular in the Arsenal thread im one his bggest critics but if he has money to spend this season and is able to do as he pleases then I will give him one more season he deserves that much after doing so well to keep us competitive troughout the transition and lack of money due to the new stadium which will be a massive plus with revenue for years to come.

Arsenal havent had plenty of money to spend the last few season were are you getting this from? It is the worst Arsenal team in 15 years but as I said we will see changes this summer. I have called for Wengers head many a time ask any regular in the Arsenal thread im one his bggest critics but if he has money to spend this season and is able to do as he pleases then I will give him one more season he deserves that much after doing so well to keep us competitive troughout the transition and lack of money due to the new stadium which will be a massive plus with revenue for years to come.

Giroud - 13m
    Podolski - 11m
    Cazorla - 15m
    Monreal - 8m
    Gervinho - 10m
    Ox - 12m
    Arteta - 10m
    Santos - 7m
    Mertesacker - 8m
    Vermaelen - 10m
    Koscielny - 10m
    Arshavin - 15m

Thats a lot of money spent sir, and a helluvalot of money wasted. And if they dont qualify for the CL next season it will seriously impact on the players you think will be signed.

Considering he was 15 when he joined Arsenal, I would count Cesc.

I remember when I was a kid though, my dad was a big Arsenal fan and kept trying to get me to support Arsenal. Naturally, based completely on spite, I started supporting Man Utd :pac:

Fabregas was signed from Barca, doesnt count.

I strongly disagree about Szczesny, Arsenal will never win the league with him in goal, far too many mistakes. Gibbs looks average, a mid-table defender.

So you have Ashley Cole and Jack Wilshere, Cole is one of the best fullbacks to every play in the premier league. Wilshere has definitely got potential but isnt he a bit injury prone?

Fabregas doenst count :pac: yeh because he was the player he is today at 15, he got his education at Arsenal.

Well your wrong about Szczesny he is 22 I guarantee in a year or two he will be the top keeper in the league, he has made some mistakes but thats inexperience he has also pulled off some game saving saves this season but they go unoticed by the media.

Wilshere injury prone? :pac: He had one setback in his career so far other than that he has been solid, and is already a top class player in a year or two he will be unbelievable I already know United and Chelsea fans etc who have said to me if they could have one player in the league it would be him. He should be Arsenal captain.

Giroud - 13m
    Podolski - 11m
    Cazorla - 15m
    Monreal - 8m
    Gervinho - 10m
    Ox - 12m
    Arteta - 10m
    Santos - 7m
    Mertesacker - 8m
    Vermaelen - 10m
    Koscielny - 10m
    Arshavin - 15m

Thats a lot of money spent sir, and a helluvalot of money wasted. And if they dont qualify for the CL next season it will seriously impact on the players you think will be signed.

Yeh but your not taking into account players sold last summer we spent 40.9 million while selling 42.5 million worth of players and its been like that for a number of seasons Wenger spending less than what we took in constantly having to rebuild the team ;). This ummer that stops he builds upon Wilshere, Cazorla , Podolski etc. Not all of that was wasted money over half of them have been good buys ;). Plus Cazorla was 11 million not 15 ;).

Not really people say if you dont make Champion League it will effect the players you can sign, wrong again. It never stopped City or Liverpool getting the players they wanted.

Yeh but your not taking into account players sold last summer we spent 40.9 million while selling 42.5 million worth of players and its been like that for a number of seasons Wenger spending less than what we took in constantly having to rebuild the team ;). This ummer that stops he builds upon Wilshere, Cazorla , Podolski etc. Not all of that was wasted money over half of them have been good buys ;). Plus Cazorla was 11 million not 15 ;).

Not really people say if you dont make Champion League it will effect the players you can sign, wrong again. It never stopped City or Liverpool getting the players they wanted.

Yeah because if Liverpool were in the Champions League we would have signed Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson. It has a massive bearing on what players you can sign, dont kid yourself that it doesnt. Arsenal still have London as a selling point but other than that?? Not very much. No trophy in 8 years now.

I never said anything about net spend. I said Wenger had a lot of money to spend which is true, he decided to spend it largely, on players who havent been good enough. I wouldnt trust him with rebuilding that Arsenal squad, if i was an Arsenal fan i wouldnt be happy until he was replaced with Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Lads, soccer forum is that way :p
    >

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement