Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

How about that local sports team, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

So, current affairs.......

Ye having any? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Melion wrote: »
    Yeah because if Liverpool were in the Champions League we would have signed Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson. It has a massive bearing on what players you can sign, dont kid yourself that it doesnt. Arsenal still have London as a selling point but other than that?? Not very much. No trophy in 8 years now.

I never said anything about net spend. I said Wenger had a lot of money to spend which is true, he decided to spend it largely, on players who havent been good enough. I wouldnt trust him with rebuilding that Arsenal squad, if i was an Arsenal fan i wouldnt be happy until he was replaced with Klopp.

Hang on Liverpool bought bad nothing to do with not being able to get plyaers if they had spent that 35 million on a decent player they could have got someone top class. It didnt stop City building a great team or it hasnt stopped even Spurs from signing the players they wanted either ;). They have London, they have Wenger who is a big draw for a lot of players and when players look at what he has done and see the likes of Wilshere and Cazorla in the squad they would know there is quality among the team.

Yeh he bought bad sometimes but he was working on budget Liverpool spent 35 million on Carroll arsenal havent had those resources to do with the stadium debt. Cazorla was a great buy, Podolski likewise I know the media have branded him a flop but his goals and assists say otherwise for a player on his debut season playing on the left wing. Monreal its to soon to judge. The only real flop in the list you posted is Gervinho,Santos and Arshavin. The Ox has a brilliant future ahead of him, Merts, Arteta and Giroud probably shouldnt be starting every game but good players to have in the squad. Verm should be sold he useless these days was once great, Kos is our best and a good cb nearly all Arsenal fans agree on that one.

Jesus I think every team would love Klopp fantastic manager but cant see him leaving Dortmund anytime soon sadly. But yeh I think Eso is right pop onover the Arsenal thread well continue this :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

But yeh I think Eso is right pop onover the Arsenal thread well continue this :).

It was going very civilly(is that a word) here, that wont happen in the Arsenal thread. Far too many touchy nancy boys in there after the result yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Fabregas doenst count :pac: yeh because he was the player he is today at 15, he got his education at Arsenal.

Well your wrong about Szczesny he is 22 I guarantee in a year or two he will be the top keeper in the league, he has made some mistakes but thats inexperience he has also pulled off some game saving saves this season but they go unoticed by the media.

Wilshere injury prone? :pac: He had one setback in his career so far other than that he has been solid, and is already a top class player in a year or two he will be unbelievable I already know United and Chelsea fans etc who have said to me if they could have one player in the league it would be him. He should be Arsenal captain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBCNOlQFcfzaiGLmBDDfpRPPBmGLdmpiFAvQ_bO2aujOhIO32I

• Advertisement

It was going very civilly(is that a word) here, that wont happen in the Arsenal thread. Far too many touchy nancy boys in there after the result yesterday.

Ah youd be suprised, the Arsenal thread used to be divided in two Wenger in's and Wenger out now its all one, just a pissed of bunch we know the team has failings. Its quite civil in there these days especially since one poster who used to wind every one up stopped posting.

De Gea maybe well see in a season or two ;).

Adiboo wrote: »
    How about that local sports team, eh?

Wouldnt that be ice hockey for you? :).

Ah youd be suprised, there Arsenal thread used to be divided in two Wenger in's and Wenger out now its all one, just a pissed of bunch we know the team has failings. Its quite civil in there these days especially since one poster who used to wind every one up stopped posting.

De Gea maybe well see in a season or two ;).

By far one of the best shot stoppers in the league already. If he can sort out himself under a cross he will be top in the league. And he has been improving there. Arsnals keeper will never be top notch. I agree with melion bout that

Arawn wrote: »
    By far one of the best shot stoppers in the league already. If he can sort out himself under a cross he will be top in the league. And he has been improving there. Arsnals keeper will never be top notch. I agree with melion bout that

Well then yehs are both wrong ;), he is highly regarded around Europe for a reason, ill come back in a year or two with big smile and I told yeh so. Sczez make silly mistakes due to lack of experience but he hasn't got a weakness in his game like De Gea does for crosses.

Well then yehs are both wrong ;), he is highly regarded around Europe for a reason, ill come back in a year or two with big smile and I told yeh so. Sczez make silly mistakes due to lack of experience but he hasn't got a weakness in his game like De Gea does for crosses.

Sczezny is nowhere near the level of De Gea, and he has a fúcking stupid name that i think i spell differently every time i type it.

He isnt even in the top 5 keepers in the league, never mind being the best.

• Advertisement

Sczezny is nowhere near the level of De Gea, and he has a fúcking stupid name that i think i spell differently every time i type it.

He isnt even in the top 5 keepers in the league, never mind being the best.

Time will prove you wrong im extremely confident on that. It is a stupid fcuking name though even most Arsenal fans have to google it everytime for spelling :).

De gea is already far better with much more potentional, To say otherwise is just silly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bale's on a great run of form but slapping a 70 million price tag on his head is madness, it's basically Spurs saying, hands off he's ours.

Having said that I do remember the days of the Gareth Bale Curse :o

De gea is already far better with much more potentional, To say otherwise is just silly

I strongly disagree as I said earlier feel free to pop over the Arsenal thread were we can debate it ;). There is a reason De Gea has the nickname flappy hands and he didn't earn it through excellent goal keeping.

I strongly disagree as I said earlier feel free to pop over the Arsenal thread were we can debate it ;). There is a reason De Gea has the nickname flappy hands and he didn't earn it through excellent goal keeping.

Did you see him before he signed for United?

De Gea is a strange one, he does the spectacular things well but he's prone to the odd brain fart when it comes to the bread and butter stuff

that is a terrible nickname. first ive heard of it. it is truely terrible. I'll take de gea every day of the week over any keeper in the league. At 22 he is scary good already

that is a terrible nickname. first ive heard of it. it is truely terrible. I'll take de gea every day of the week over any keeper in the league. At 22 he is scary good already

He is a good keeper the only problem with him is that he makes a hell of a lot of high profile mistakes, people always focus more on the mistakes than the good performances when it comes to goalkeepers

Did you see him before he signed for United?

I did yeh what difference does that make?

Its amazing how the british press never mention when Joe Hart has a howler which seems to happen every other week now but if De Gea misses a cross he is made out to be a terrible keeper while Hart is the best keeper to ever put on a pair of gloves.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    He is a good keeper the only problem with him is that he makes a hell of a lot of high profile mistakes, people always focus more on the mistakes than the good performances when it comes to goalkeepers

Which is eaxactly what I was getting at with Szcez, the media will always pick up on the mistakes keepers make but never the great saves or great games, and people always tend to just pick up on that. Im not saying De Gea is bad but he is far from the finished article.

Its amazing how the british press never mention when Joe Hart has a howler which seems to happen every other week now but if De Gea misses a cross he is made out to be a terrible keeper while Hart is the best keeper to ever put on a pair of gloves.

That's natural for them to do though, he is the English keeper in fairness, just look at how the press have been talking about ROG in the rugby these days

Thats one thing we can all agree on, if you are English the media give them a big break. Hart has made some howlers but its always quickly forgotten because he is the Engish Number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I just spent an entire hour trying to decide on a topic for my Spanish presentation and I got nothing. I was meant to pick it aaages ago. Really hope she doesn't ask me today...

I just spent an entire hour trying to decide on a topic for my Spanish presentation and I got nothing. I was meant to pick it aaages ago. Really hope she doesn't ask me today...

Goalkeepers in the premiership?

The politics behind the El Classico rivalry is always an interesting one to talk about for anything related to Spain.

Short version:
    Real Madrid are the team of the Nationalist side of the Civil War
    Barcelona are the team of the Republican side of the Civil War

Was it figo who had the severed pigs head thrown at him one game?

Yup

It was indeed, there is certainly no love lost between the two and its a fascinating history as P1 said taking in much more than football.

• Advertisement

Yup, many the 'witty' essay about Spanish history was opened up with that interesting little fact

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement