Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

God I hate dealing with insurance companies same questions over and over and over again all throwing a sales pitch at ya, and because of some scumbag all my quotes are up around the 1000 euro mark :mad:. Only awake, night shift tonight and stupid insurance companies already ruining my day :o.

In other news Im all set to go the gym on Thursday once my weeks work is finished and pop the gym cherry :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

God I hate
    dealing with insurance companies same questions over and over and over
    again all throwing a sales pitch at ya, and because of some scumbag all
    my quotes are up around the 1000 euro mark :mad:. Only awake, night
    shift tonight and stupid insurance companies already ruining my day :o.

In other news Im all set to go the gym on Thursday once my weeks work is
    finished and pop the gym cherry :pac:.

Jesus, that's a high amount to be paying, I feel sorry for you. :(

You'll like the gym, it's more fun than just going running. I really need to re-join, but I don't think I have the time now with work, bootcamp, college and seeing my friends and stuff. Might squeeze some morning work outs in though. Gym down the road from me is only 200 for fifteen months and is a good gym. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Urgh, didn't get the job :mad:

I've come to the conclusion that working for somebody else is a waste of your time and energy. All you're doing is making more money for them.

Awh no, I'm really sorry to hear that. Idiots don't know what they're missing, obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

God I hate dealing with insurance companies same questions over and over and over again all throwing a sales pitch at ya

That f*cking same spiel of 10 or so questions they have to ask, so annoying! I was in your position last week :pac:
    Esoteric_ wrote: »

Gym down the road from me is only 200 for fifteen months and is a good gym.

That's insanely good. I'm paying 75 a month, damn lack of alternatives.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Urgh, didn't get the job :mad:

I've come to the conclusion that working for somebody else is a waste of your time and energy. All you're doing is making more money for them.

Sorry to hear man :(
    maximoose wrote: »
    That f*cking same spiel of 10 or so questions they have to ask, so annoying! I was in your position last week :pac:

That's insanely good. I'm paying 75 a month, damn lack of alternatives.

Exactly what is your occupation, were do you live, were is the car kept its just gets so damn repetitive, think ill be going with the no nonsense quote though just waiting on them to ring me back want to make sure they have all the details right :);).

Im paying 49 a month been told now though theres a better gym in the local community centre now thats its to late that charge 380 for the year ah well :cool:.

Awh no, I'm really sorry to hear that. Idiots don't know what they're missing, obviously!

Thanks, clearly not :pac: Ah I'm just going to keep doing my thing, its kinda liberating being able to do what you want.
    God I hate dealing with insurance companies same questions over and over and over again all throwing a sales pitch at ya, and because of some scumbag all my quotes are up around the 1000 euro mark :mad:. Only awake, night shift tonight and stupid insurance companies already ruining my day :o.

Did that gig, absolute pain in the hole asking the same questions over and over again. Try to play them off against each other to bring the price down, you can tell who's desperately trying to make sales by the tone of their voice, once you get someone like that try to angle as many discounts as you can from them ;)

ffs, i was gonna offer to get ya a job in my place, we need staff in town. stick to being unemployed so :p

ffs, i was gonna offer to get ya a job in my place, we need staff in town. stick to being unemployed so :p

Hey a jobs a job and all that, I'd probably crack up doing it though :P

Hey a jobs a job and all that, I'd probably crack up doing it though :P

Tbh, I thought I would, but it's extremely easy, I don't stop people, they come to me. Plus I haven't seen the owner once since we opened, so I work for myself and by myself most of the time. it's handy enough as a stop gap between other stuff. plus it's not only commission, I wouldn't do it without a wage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...think ill be going with the no nonsense quote though just waiting on them to ring me back want to make sure they have all the details right :);)

I've been with them for a while now, they're pretty good price-wise!

Tbh, I thought I would, but it's extremely easy, I don't stop people, they come to me. Plus I haven't seen the owner once since we opened, so I work for myself and by myself most of the time. it's handy enough as a stop gap between other stuff. plus it's not only commission, I wouldn't do it without a wage :)

True good point. if there's a gig going there tell me who to ask. it's actually the kind of business I'd want to run if I had the cash :pac:

I've heard good things about them myself, the only hassle I've heard is when you need to go and claim off them though :pac:

Yeh I got an online quote of them for 680 which is quite a good bit cheaper, so Im just waiting on them to ring me now to make sure they have everything right and if they do. Ill ring my own insurance company give them the chance to match it and if not no nonsense it will be, fingers crossed :).

Yeh I got an online quote of them for 680 which is quite a good bit cheaper, so Im just waiting on them to ring me now to make sure they have everything right and if they do. Ill ring my own insurance company give them the chance to match it and if not no nonsense it will be, fingers crossed :).

That's actually a pretty decent quote to be getting considering you had a claim in the last year man.

TBH I can't really see your company being able to match that, mainly because they make more money on the renewals than on new business.

p_1, afaik they're looking for staff, although its bloody minimum wage. I'll double check on Thursday when I'm talking to the owner, but I'm almost sure they are, if you're stuck for something and they need people you can fire your cv off to me, they prefer hiring people recommended to them, I got it cause my dad's friend's friend knew the owner so he was more willing to interview me because of the tiny connection to him. :pac:

That's actually a pretty decent quote to be getting considering you had a claim in the last year man.

TBH I can't really see your company being able to match that, mainly because they make more money on the renewals than on new business.

Exactly sure I paid 600 last year with full no claims with RSA through 123.ie. So im pretty much just waiting on no nonsense to ring me want to make sure its all good with the quote being that low.

Why am I looking at cars and bikes online again? >_<

p_1, afaik they're looking for staff, although its bloody minimum wage. I'll double check on Thursday when I'm talking to the owner, but I'm almost sure they are, if you're stuck for something and they need people you can fire your cv off to me, they prefer hiring people recommended to them, I got it cause my dad's friend's friend knew the owner so he was more willing to interview me because of the tiny connection to him. :pac:

Cool, cheers. Ah if its min wage with commission thrown on top I don't mind. I bloody hate doing it but I'm pretty good at selling stuff :pac:
    Exactly sure I paid 600 last year with full no claims with RSA through 123.ie. So im pretty much just waiting on no nonsense to ring me want to make sure its all good with the quote being that low.

Not a hope RSA will match it man, once you claim once with them they basically don't want your business anymore.

No Nonsense are FBD, usually a good policy, only hassle with them is their excess can be so high it wouldn't be worth claiming through them if it ever comes to that.

:pac: Thats nearly a daily occurence for me even when im not looking to buy just love teasing myself and seeing whats out there.

Not a hope RSA will match it man, once you claim once with them they basically don't want your business anymore.

No Nonsense are FBD, usually a good policy, only hassle with them is their excess can be so high it wouldn't be worth claiming through them if it ever comes to that.

Yeh I checked the excess its only 300 euro thats was the first thing I thought of, it seems to be all good.

• Advertisement

Yeh I checked the excess its only 300 euro thats was the first thing I thought of, it seems to be all good.

Ah go for it in that case man, I can't see you getting anything cheaper than that

You can lower the excess too if I'm not mistaken, they're fairly customisable.
    :pac: Thats nearly a daily occurence for me even when im not looking to buy just love teasing myself and seeing whats out there.
    I've been itching to get a bike for ages now, just can't justify it to myself (and don't have the money at the minute!)
    Really sickens me when I see one that's just what I want, and I like the look of them!

You can lower the excess too if I'm not mistaken, they're fairly customisable.

Yeah you can, only trouble with that is that by lowering the excess you increase your premium

A customer just handed me a box of chocolates and a 5 euro tip to thank me for convincing her to buy the e-cig three weeks ago, cause she hasn't had a single smoke since. That was so kind, day made :)

I've been itching to get a bike for ages now, just can't justify it to myself (and don't have the money at the minute!)
    Really sickens me when I see one that's just what I want, and I like the look of them!

Yeh and if your like me you keep going back online and checking it again just to look at it while also trying to convince yourself you can afford it :cool:.

Onwards and upwards and all that jazz, just booked the driving test there.

Might be advisable to avoid Navan on the day I do it :pac:

Onwards and upwards and all that jazz, just booked the driving test there.

Might be advisable to avoid Navan on the day I do it :pac:

Congrats man, im sure you'll breeze past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Killer ain't it?? But you will - you WILL do it!!

Killer ain't it?? But you will - you WILL do it!!
    I will, it's just when! Already have my learners permit and IBT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

A customer just handed me a box of chocolates and a 5 euro tip to thank me for convincing her to buy the e-cig three weeks ago, cause she hasn't had a single smoke since. That was so kind, day made :)

Aw that's so lovely of her!! Always nice to be appreciated.

I used to work in a pet shop, happened to go in on my day off once and they were mental busy, so I offered to help a woman choose what she needed for her pet rabbit and tell her all about their care etc. Spent about half an hour or so with her, and when I went out to help her with stuff to the car she handed me a €20 tip! Suppose she knew it was my day off and felt guilty :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement